Share
Go down
avatar
efcmetro1878
Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : Glenn Moutrey Field, Kambah

Re: Team Colours

on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:45 pm
H: It's two-toned dark green, truckloads more classy than NQF's strip.


A: White, simple band across the chest - nice and easy.


3: I kind of envision this being our third strip if we ever needed one: it's traditional colours with a modern twist. The lightning bolts could be pinstripes as well. I'd love this to be our commemorative kit for Canberra's 100th birthday if we get into the HAL in 2013-14. :)


(I may or may not have posted these before... Wink )
avatar
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Posts : 1054
Join date : 2009-04-21
Location : Canberra
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Re: Team Colours

on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:48 pm
the home one looks like the man u shirt but green, i like it
avatar
efcmetro1878
Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : Glenn Moutrey Field, Kambah

Re: Team Colours

on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:52 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:the home one looks like the man u shirt but green, i like it
It's essentially the Man U collar with Inter's stripes. Well spotted.
avatar
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Posts : 1054
Join date : 2009-04-21
Location : Canberra
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Re: Team Colours

on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:55 pm

thank you Very Happy
avatar
thom_canberra
Posts : 269
Join date : 2009-04-17
Location : Belconnen, ACT
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Re: Team Colours

on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:22 pm
How bout this QPR third jersey, we could have something very similar to it and no one would call it a direct copy of any euro club because it is fairly different to the normal QPR kits and colours and any QPR third jersey is pretty random in itself-

Its also nice to have some horizontal stripes for once, a bit different to Melb Heart, Wellington, Perth etc.




avatar
theblueorder
Posts : 59
Join date : 2009-10-12
Other football teams : Rangers FC

Re: Team Colours

on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:56 am
thom_canberra wrote:How bout this QPR third jersey, we could have something very similar to it and no one would call it a direct copy of any euro club because it is fairly different to the normal QPR kits and colours and any QPR third jersey is pretty random in itself-

Its also nice to have some horizontal stripes for once, a bit different to Melb Heart, Wellington, Perth etc.





Eww...celtic
avatar
thom_canberra
Posts : 269
Join date : 2009-04-17
Location : Belconnen, ACT
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Re: Team Colours

on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:30 pm
^^ It doesn't look anything like Celtic, there are heaps of clubs with horizontal green stripes-
and just coz ur a rangers fan doesn't mean u can pick on any design that looks remotely like a Celtic jersey
avatar
tbayern
Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Belconnen, ACT
Other football teams : Celtic FC, Tottenham Hotspur, FC Bayern Munchen

Re: Team Colours

on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:07 pm
^^^ x2
Whats wrong with looking a bit like Celtic anyway?? Very Happy
avatar
Toby
Posts : 931
Join date : 2009-05-03

Re: Team Colours

on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:55 am
Toby wrote:




These two are great and don't look like Celtic at all

Whats wrong with these two?
avatar
efcmetro1878
Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : Glenn Moutrey Field, Kambah

Re: Team Colours

on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:30 am
Toby wrote:Whats wrong with these two?
Nothing. Personally, I think that white one would be better in black, but that's just me.



...although playing in black in 40 degree Canberra is not fun, from experience.
avatar
Alex351
Posts : 464
Join date : 2009-04-21
Location : Canberra
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Re: Team Colours

on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:59 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:H: It's two-toned dark green, truckloads more classy than NQF's strip.


A: White, simple band across the chest - nice and easy.


3: I kind of envision this being our third strip if we ever needed one: it's traditional colours with a modern twist. The lightning bolts could be pinstripes as well. I'd love this to be our commemorative kit for Canberra's 100th birthday if we get into the HAL in 2013-14. :)


(I may or may not have posted these before... Wink )

These are the best by far. Simple and classy, i like it..
avatar
thom_canberra
Posts : 269
Join date : 2009-04-17
Location : Belconnen, ACT
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Re: Team Colours

on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:55 pm
^^ I think the middle one looks way too much like a raiders RL jersey...
avatar
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Posts : 1054
Join date : 2009-04-21
Location : Canberra
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Re: Team Colours

on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:57 pm
^^

no it doesnt... by raiders RL jersey you mean the 2009 away jersey which they dont use and had a blue and yellow strip
avatar
Toby
Posts : 931
Join date : 2009-05-03

Re: Team Colours

on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:29 am
Alex351 wrote:
efcmetro1878 wrote:H: It's two-toned dark green, truckloads more classy than NQF's strip.


A: White, simple band across the chest - nice and easy.


3: I kind of envision this being our third strip if we ever needed one: it's traditional colours with a modern twist. The lightning bolts could be pinstripes as well. I'd love this to be our commemorative kit for Canberra's 100th birthday if we get into the HAL in 2013-14. :)


(I may or may not have posted these before... Wink )

These are the best by far. Simple and classy, i like it..


A/ you prolly won't be around for the one hundredth birthday Doubt

B/ I like the first two but not the third jersey.
avatar
efcmetro1878
Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : Glenn Moutrey Field, Kambah

Re: Team Colours

on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:32 pm
Toby wrote:A/ you prolly won't be around for the one hundredth birthday Doubt
:arms: Canberra's 100th birthday. As a city. 2013.
avatar
thom_canberra
Posts : 269
Join date : 2009-04-17
Location : Belconnen, ACT
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Re: Team Colours

on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:01 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:^^

no it doesnt... by raiders RL jersey you mean the 2009 away jersey which they dont use and had a blue and yellow strip

I dont know what the raiders jerseys look like each particular year, I just think in general it looks like a raiders and rugby league jersey and not like an original football jersey.
avatar
Toby
Posts : 931
Join date : 2009-05-03

Re: Team Colours

on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:
Toby wrote:A/ you prolly won't be around for the one hundredth birthday Doubt
:arms: Canberra's 100th birthday. As a city. 2013.

woops that failed :) misread it
avatar
Alex351
Posts : 464
Join date : 2009-04-21
Location : Canberra
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Re: Team Colours

on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:29 pm
I think the third one would be a good away jersey as every team in the a-league (except for a couple) have a white away jersey.
avatar
efcmetro1878
Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : Glenn Moutrey Field, Kambah

Re: Team Colours

on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:33 pm
thom_canberra wrote:
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:^^

no it doesnt... by raiders RL jersey you mean the 2009 away jersey which they dont use and had a blue and yellow strip

I dont know what the raiders jerseys look like each particular year, I just think in general it looks like a raiders and rugby league jersey and not like an original football jersey.
I can see what you mean. I was channelling Boca/Bremen/Inter.
avatar
arinceo
Posts : 101
Join date : 2009-04-16

Re: Team Colours

on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:12 pm
avatar
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Posts : 1054
Join date : 2009-04-21
Location : Canberra
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Re: Team Colours

on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:18 pm
^^

that is awesome!!!
avatar
United On The Gong
Posts : 62
Join date : 2009-10-23

Re: Team Colours

on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 pm
Managed to pinch these ones off another forum:



avatar
Admin_Capital Punishment
Posts : 114
Join date : 2009-04-14
Location : Canberra
http://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net

Re: Team Colours

on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:35 pm
Razz

both of those are solid ^^^

the second one in particular is so awesome. I would take that as our strip right now tbh. Would it be a good away strip though? what happens if the colours are inverted?

and which forum was that from?
banjo23
Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-09-27
Other football teams : Liverpool

Re: Team Colours

on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:32 pm
What are the leading contenders for the logo? As an ex-Canberran i think its important to move away from images such as Parliament House. How about a logo that has the clubs colours (stripes) with a 'national' image embossed on the logo eg southern cross aka Euraka Stockade. In regards to the name, how about AC Canberra. AC standing for 'Australia's Capital'.
Rick_Rick
Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-09-17

Re: Team Colours

on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:27 am
United On The Gong wrote:Managed to pinch these ones off another forum:




That bottom one is decent tbh.

Has white ever been considered as a home strip? No A-League team has, and personally I'd have no complaints if we did go for this. Merchandise dollars is the key though, and to the casual home fan, white wouldn't appeal as much as the green would imo.

efcmetro1878 wrote:H: It's two-toned dark green, truckloads more classy than NQF's strip.


A: White, simple band across the chest - nice and easy.


3: I kind of envision this being our third strip if we ever needed one: it's traditional colours with a modern twist. The lightning bolts could be pinstripes as well. I'd love this to be our commemorative kit for Canberra's 100th birthday if we get into the HAL in 2013-14. :)


(I may or may not have posted these before... Wink )

Whoa.. those are classy. Yes please...
Sponsored content

Re: Team Colours

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum