Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wellington

+9
MinsterMan
thom_canberra
Chris1822
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Joey47
Toby
Raider_United
mikey_porto
Nobby
13 posters
Go down
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Wellington - Page 2 Empty Re: Wellington

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:37 am
Toby wrote:They deserve to stay they are a good team with good support

I am all for Wellington staying in the comp, but loads of people say that Wellington get great crowds and support. What is the back-up of this statement? Yesterday, for example, they got 4,100. I know it was a mid-week game but that is a poor number any day of the week. Most of their games this year at home, have been on a Sunday arvo. The best time of the weekend for a game yet only pull 6K. I don't see everyone giving accolades to Central Coast when they pull 8K on a Friday night.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:06 pm
mikey_porto wrote:
Toby wrote:They deserve to stay they are a good team with good support

I am all for Wellington staying in the comp, but loads of people say that Wellington get great crowds and support. What is the back-up of this statement? Yesterday, for example, they got 4,100. I know it was a mid-week game but that is a poor number any day of the week. Most of their games this year at home, have been on a Sunday arvo. The best time of the weekend for a game yet only pull 6K. I don't see everyone giving accolades to Central Coast when they pull 8K on a Friday night.

I tend to agree mate. Since when have out expectations for crowds lowered to 7.5K? That is their average this year, and considering they are on the brink of World Cup qualification their should massive crowds for the Phoenix for anticipation. Obviously it just hasn't sunk it yet in New Zealand even though it has in Australia. Rolls Eyes
Toby
Toby

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:12 pm
Well I have heard that Wellington is one of the best clubs when it comes to reaching out to the community. However I haven't been there yet so I cannot tell from first hand experience. As for results they are a good team and are currently sitting in the top 6. I am not so sure about their longterm future though as being from a different confederation is really unique but I believe their situation is unique... Whether or not big wigs from other parts of the world understand that remains to be seen though.
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:00 pm
Regardless, short term or long term I do reckon Canberra is the obvious choice to replace Wellington in the A-League.

Until Canberra is one of the 12 teams in the A-League will not be truly complete!
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:06 am
pete wrote:Regardless, short term or long term I do reckon Canberra is the obvious choice to replace Wellington in the A-League.

Until Canberra is one of the 12 teams in the A-League will not be truly complete!

Agreed.

I am pretty sure if Wellington get given the flick Canberra will come in within a few years to replace them.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum