Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

official Canberra A-League team name

+45
Golden_CU
FC United of Canberra
tbayern
Admin_Capital Punishment
alan
theblueorder
efcmetro1878
mikey_porto
RealCanberra23
stevieg84lfc
Swagman
Pittodrie Boy
Tuggies6
Sebastian
(::FAQ::)
xEAx
cufc_cc
Galileo
langers
Raider_United
Parrbo
TheBigMan
Toby
Gerrards_Homies808
bypopulardemand
Capital Thunder
Kaibo
spets
BrotherEstapol
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Alex351
the head
MinsterMan
brettles
Gate7
Yid_Army
Lahrio
Social_Loafer
arinceo
Nonno Gomes
Joey47
choice bro cheers
Chris1822
Que?
thom_canberra
49 posters
Go down

what should canberra's potential a-league team be called?

2 - 5%
25 - 64%
1 - 3%
10 - 26%
1 - 2%

Total Votes: 39

TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

official Canberra A-League team name - Page 10 Empty Re: official Canberra A-League team name

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:06 pm
canberra thunder? canberra tornados? canberra cyclones? canberra fire?

just thinking up some franchise names Hmmm
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

official Canberra A-League team name - Page 10 Empty Re: official Canberra A-League team name

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:46 pm
TheBigMan wrote:canberra thunder? canberra tornados? canberra cyclones? canberra fire?

Yeah maybe not.
arinceo
arinceo

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:05 pm
Yes, I definitely draw the line at franchise names. Traditional is 1000 times better.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:29 pm
Joey47 wrote:
TheBigMan wrote:canberra thunder? canberra tornados? canberra cyclones? canberra fire?

Yeah maybe not.

lol
banjo23
Other football teams : Liverpool

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:40 pm
AC Canberra. AC standing for Australia's Capital.
Rick_Rick

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:12 am
Canberra Athletic has really grown on me. Far too many United's in this league, and with Tasmania's inevitable entry, is the only team who are deserving of "United".

Canberra Athletic or FC Canberra for me.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:59 pm
i dont like fc canberra, its stupid! we dont live in spain where words are around the wrong way.
im sure managemnet could make a deal with the current canberra fc (croatia deakin) to let an a-league team have the name or simply just make it CANBERRA ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB (CANBERRA AFC)!
TractorBoys4Life
TractorBoys4Life

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49 pm
canberra athletic is easily the best, but why does every a-league team (apart from sydney) have to have a second name to it. Canberra FC (or AFC as JLCU suggested) is great, and it works for sydney, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal and everton.
alan
alan
Other football teams : CSKA Moscow, Russia National Team

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:42 pm
why not, CKSA Canberra?
Sebastian
Sebastian
Other football teams : Liverpool, Rangers, Leeds United

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:43 pm
alan wrote:why not, CKSA Canberra?

Facepalm ...just... dont...
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:02 pm
yea, AFC Canberra sounds good, (like AFC Wimbledon). But I have to say Canberra Athletic has the best sound to it, and it's unique.
Macas
Macas
Other football teams : Bolton Wanderers, Celtic

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:06 pm
CSKA Canberra and Canberra Dynamo just shouldn't happen in my opinion but that isn't to say that they are bad names. I actually quite like Canberra Dynamo (or Dynamo Canberra). The issue is this name might not appeal to the general public. You also might remember that some of the old NSL clubs had to change their names so that they would be "less ethnic" as to say.
And correct me if I am wrong becease I am in no doubt you would know more about the Russian Premier League than I, but wasn't CSKA Moscow originally a military club.
Macas
Macas
Other football teams : Bolton Wanderers, Celtic

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:07 pm
Sorry I spelt because wrong
banjo23
Other football teams : Liverpool

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 pm
AC Canberra
Admin_Capital Punishment
Admin_Capital Punishment
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:38 pm
Wonder what the chances are of Canberra being ditched as the primary name of a potential team? With the bid aiming to reach out as far as the Riverina, Goulburn, South Coast, Yass, Queanbeyan etc. I wonder what the chances are that we could have Capital in our name?

Canberra United W-League team falling under the umbrella of this club, however, may mean we stick with Canberra United.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:58 am
In terms of branding there is already the Capitals basketball team, so would be wary of steering clear of being informally known as that.

Would be good to factor it in somehow, but from the sounds of things, the bid team will be getting the members to choose, so Canberra may win out...

I understand the attraction of pulling in more geographies but just fundamentally dislike having capital in the team name tbh
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum