A forum for Canberra United supporters to discuss all things football in Canberra

We want you to join the Capital Punishment army on the hill side of McKellar Park, at each and every Canberra United match.
The forum has undergone a revolution... so register and voice your opinion regarding everything football in Canberra.

    Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Share
    avatar
    JohnLovesCanberraUnited
    Ivan Slavich

    Posts : 1054
    Join date : 2009-04-21
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by JohnLovesCanberraUnited on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:17 pm

    arinceo wrote:

    holy crap your good!!! we could use cockatoos as our nickname while our proper name is canberra athletic and have both on the logo like that!! brilliant!!
    avatar
    arinceo
    Ellie Brush

    Posts : 101
    Join date : 2009-04-16

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by arinceo on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:49 am

    Thanks guys, I'll try having a go at moving the ACT silhouette today, maybe also putting Parliament house in.
    avatar
    Alex351
    Carl Valeri

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2009-04-21
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Alex351 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:28 am

    Yeah that looks good except the bird looks a bit odd in that spot.
    avatar
    RealCanberra23
    Ellie Brush

    Posts : 121
    Join date : 2009-07-08

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by RealCanberra23 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:22 am

    arinceo wrote:I know pretty much everyone's cool with the current logo, but I was bored today, so I made this. I know it doesn't have Parliament house in it, was taking too long to make. I can add it later though instead of the ACT silhouette. The bird is the gang-gang cockatoo; the ACT's faunal emblem. The two lines are from the kit I posted in the other thread.


    C'mon efcmetro, I urge you to match of better this.
    avatar
    efcmetro1878
    Carl Valeri

    Posts : 313
    Join date : 2009-10-10
    Location : Glenn Moutrey Field, Kambah

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by efcmetro1878 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:21 am

    RealCanberra23 wrote:
    arinceo wrote:I know pretty much everyone's cool with the current logo, but I was bored today, so I made this. I know it doesn't have Parliament house in it, was taking too long to make. I can add it later though instead of the ACT silhouette. The bird is the gang-gang cockatoo; the ACT's faunal emblem. The two lines are from the kit I posted in the other thread.


    C'mon efcmetro, I urge you to match of better this.
    You're on, skanks.
    avatar
    efcmetro1878
    Carl Valeri

    Posts : 313
    Join date : 2009-10-10
    Location : Glenn Moutrey Field, Kambah

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by efcmetro1878 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:22 am

    It's pretty rough and raggedy, but here's attempt numero uno.


    Now, there's two reasons why this would never get used. A: it looks like Merici's crest, and B: I don't know if we'd be allowed to use the swans.
    avatar
    Toby
    Ivan Slavich

    Posts : 931
    Join date : 2009-05-02

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Toby on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 am

    arinceo wrote:I know pretty much everyone's cool with the current logo, but I was bored today, so I made this. I know it doesn't have Parliament house in it, was taking too long to make. I can add it later though instead of the ACT silhouette. The bird is the gang-gang cockatoo; the ACT's faunal emblem. The two lines are from the kit I posted in the other thread.


    I am a fan of being called the cockatoos. Capital punishment can be our main chant? I like this logo though the bird is tilted in an odd way.
    avatar
    Toby
    Ivan Slavich

    Posts : 931
    Join date : 2009-05-02

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Toby on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:00 am

    efcmetro1878 wrote:It's pretty rough and raggedy, but here's attempt numero uno.


    Now, there's two reasons why this would never get used. A: it looks like Merici's crest, and B: I don't know if we'd be allowed to use the swans.


    I think a "merger" between the two emblems could be quite great. Say the colours and cockatoos idea of arinceo's design and then have the two cockatoos facing each other like in efc's design as well as efc's "middle crest" with canberra athletic across it. Replace efc's parliament house for the one in the actual current logo.

    If you tell me what you use to make these designs ill have a go at it.
    avatar
    efcmetro1878
    Carl Valeri

    Posts : 313
    Join date : 2009-10-10
    Location : Glenn Moutrey Field, Kambah

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by efcmetro1878 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:00 am

    If we can find a cockatoo picture like that, I'd love to fuse the two designs.



    I guess this one would be easier to add the cockies to.
    The other thing is, if we add the cockies to the logo, then we can wear mohawk wigs at matches :)
    avatar
    theblueorder
    Ned Zelic

    Posts : 59
    Join date : 2009-10-12
    Other football teams : Rangers FC

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by theblueorder on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:55 am

    efcmetro1878 wrote:If we can find a cockatoo picture like that, I'd love to fuse the two designs.



    I guess this one would be easier to add the cockies to.
    The other thing is, if we add the cockies to the logo, then we can wear mohawk wigs at matches :)

    Replace the star with the Australian flag.
    avatar
    thom_canberra
    Carl Valeri

    Posts : 269
    Join date : 2009-04-17
    Location : Belconnen, ACT
    Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by thom_canberra on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:27 am

    theblueorder wrote:
    efcmetro1878 wrote:If we can find a cockatoo picture like that, I'd love to fuse the two designs.



    I guess this one would be easier to add the cockies to.
    The other thing is, if we add the cockies to the logo, then we can wear mohawk wigs at matches :)

    Replace the star with the Australian flag.

    Fantastic design, ^^why would we have the Australian flag undernaeth the flag pole?

    Should replace the star with a Bluebell (kindof like Chelseas logo), the floral emblem of ACT, and then we can be nciknamed 'the bluebells'...
    avatar
    Galileo
    Ellie Brush

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2009-06-08

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Galileo on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:48 am

    All 3 suggestions are good candidates for the logo.

    Arinceo's for the more modern design, and efcmetro's for the more traditional type. I doubt we will see any change in it the current W-League one, however.
    avatar
    efcmetro1878
    Carl Valeri

    Posts : 313
    Join date : 2009-10-10
    Location : Glenn Moutrey Field, Kambah

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by efcmetro1878 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:20 am

    thom_canberra wrote:Fantastic design, ^^why would we have the Australian flag undernaeth the flag pole?

    Should replace the star with a Bluebell (kindof like Chelseas logo), the floral emblem of ACT, and then we can be nciknamed 'the bluebells'...
    I like the bluebell idea.
    avatar
    Alex351
    Carl Valeri

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2009-04-21
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Alex351 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:49 am

    efcmetro1878 wrote:If we can find a cockatoo picture like that, I'd love to fuse the two designs.



    I guess this one would be easier to add the cockies to.
    The other thing is, if we add the cockies to the logo, then we can wear mohawk wigs at matches :)

    I like the design and I think the circle shape works well.
    avatar
    Macas
    Ben Williams

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2010-12-22
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Bolton Wanderers, Celtic

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Macas on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:37 am

    Or you could move the star up so it is inline with the three lines of the parliment house and put a white figure of a blue bell where the star is.
    avatar
    Macas
    Ben Williams

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2010-12-22
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Bolton Wanderers, Celtic

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Macas on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:40 am

    Also make the star white and expand it so it is being held up by the swans feet.
    avatar
    JohnLovesCanberraUnited
    Ivan Slavich

    Posts : 1054
    Join date : 2009-04-21
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by JohnLovesCanberraUnited on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:05 pm

    you could change the dots on either side of the circle to our foundation date... eg, 20 13 (hopefully) the 20 on the left and the 13 on the right
    avatar
    Macas
    Ben Williams

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2010-12-22
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Bolton Wanderers, Celtic

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Macas on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am

    I really like efcmetro1878 Badge. It needs a Circle around though. I like how we are staying Traditional. It will be the first Traditional Badge in the league, depending on the next expansions badge (hopfully that will be us). Do we even get a say on what the Badge looks like though.
    avatar
    Macas
    Ben Williams

    Posts : 25
    Join date : 2010-12-22
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Bolton Wanderers, Celtic

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Macas on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 am

    This is an alternative of efcmetro1878's badge
    avatar
    TheBigMan
    Carl Valeri

    Posts : 268
    Join date : 2009-05-10
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by TheBigMan on Mon May 30, 2011 12:25 pm

    put the australian/act flag on the flagpost IMO
    avatar
    pete
    Ned Zelic

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2009-04-21
    Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by pete on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:34 pm

    All I can say is the club's name is Canberra United. Change it to anything else and it loses community support straight away

    Our W-League side has been building up a presence/fan base over the past few years we should continue to build on that IMO before A-League entry
    avatar
    JohnLovesCanberraUnited
    Ivan Slavich

    Posts : 1054
    Join date : 2009-04-21
    Location : Canberra
    Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by JohnLovesCanberraUnited on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:50 am

    pete wrote:All I can say is the club's name is Canberra United. Change it to anything else and it loses community support straight away

    Our W-League side has been building up a presence/fan base over the past few years we should continue to build on that IMO before A-League entry

    i agree, can we start experimenting using other names on the potential logos. it would add some diversity and some different options

    Sponsored content

    Re: Potential Canberra Team Logo

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:36 pm