Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

The Result: A Blessing in disguise or Heartbreaking? Empty The Result: A Blessing in disguise or Heartbreaking?

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:49 pm
What are you opinions on it. IMO, I think the decision to hold it back (a team in canberra) is a blessing in disguise. if we were accepted into next year, we would've been to rushed into it and really financially stricken.

Now, if accepted for 2011, we have the time to get everything right and possibly become a really classy outfit.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

The Result: A Blessing in disguise or Heartbreaking? Empty Re: The Result: A Blessing in disguise or Heartbreaking?

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:54 pm
yeah i'm with you but if we have to wait post 2012, then i'm not so sure
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

The Result: A Blessing in disguise or Heartbreaking? Empty Re: The Result: A Blessing in disguise or Heartbreaking?

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:15 pm
I'm with al4c. I just depends on when we get in. If it is with Western Sydney then yes for sure, 2012- 50/50 and anything longer than that nope.
Toby
Toby

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:06 pm
I'm disappointed that we haven't been given anything rather then the long and endless rope.. Oh well let's keep positive, I guess the way forward now is to continuously have disgruntled banners at the w-league games and support the women's and youth team.

Last edited by Toby on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:08 pm
*facepalm*

when you put it like that toby jeez, i was actually relatively happy about this outcome.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:36 pm
I think this is a blessing as we will have to be accepted the same season as Western Sydney,

It would be most logical to have the Canberra team joining the Western Sydney team in 2011 as this would be the season, if it is going to happen, for Wellington to be kicked out,

otherwise the A-League will just hav to stay uneven at 13 teams, like it will be next year at 11 teams when the second Melbourne franchise joins, untill Tassie or South Coast get their act together...

So we have a few different scenarios to consider but at least we know that we won't be getting in next year which gives us some peace of mind, kindof... as we won't be too rushed.
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 am
It depends on when we come in to make a judgment on whether it is good we aren't coming in or not.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:06 am
Let's think about this rationally, yes we're going to have to wait a couple of extra years, but TBH if we got in next year I don't think it would've benifeted us in the long term. We wouldn't have been able to truly put together a good squad in such a short time and would still be feeling the effects ala wellington phoenix still are a few years on.

And if the FFA had to step in to fill the remaining 1.5 mil, our finances would be nowhere near secure.

so for me this is a blessing in disguise.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum