Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Far out Empty Far out

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:48 am
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26143753-5003460,00.html

FOOTBALL Federation Australia's single-minded determination to have an A-League team in western Sydney has resulted in the head body putting its trust in a franchise that admitted yesterday it does not yet have the money to fund a new club.

FFS
thegezman
thegezman
Other football teams : Liverpool FC, Carlton FC (AFL)

Far out Empty Re: Far out

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:56 pm
just underlines how narrow and bloddy minded the decision from the FFA is.

why have all these f***ing bulllshit 'critera' that THEY don't even f***ing adhere to!

this whole bidding process was bullshit!

it seems they were ALWAYS going to reward a second team in sydney.

clearly the FFA is simply run for themselves, i guess thats whats happens when you head hunt people from the AFL- the most poorly run, selfish sporting association on the planet.

FFA = f**k FOOTBALL AUSTRALIA
BrotherEstapol
BrotherEstapol

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:12 pm
thegezman wrote:..i guess thats whats happens when you head hunt people from the AFL- the most poorly run, selfish sporting association on the planet.
Whoa there...if the AFL was poorly run then they wouldn't be the most profitable football code(by a long shot) in Australia.
The AFL is a fantastic example of how to run your league.

Rugby League, the old NBA and the old NSL are perfect examples of how NOT to run your League.

That said, there is the whole Tasmainia>West Sydney issue with the AFL...
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:43 pm
thegezman wrote:just underlines how narrow and bloddy minded the decision from the FFA is.

why have all these f***ing bulllshit 'critera' that THEY don't even f***ing adhere to!

clearly the FFA is simply run for themselves, i guess thats whats happens when you head hunt people from the AFL- the most poorly run, selfish sporting association on the planet.

yes but do you agree that this bidding process now was never about the regional bids at all, rather the FFA were just giving the regional bids a bit of a head start to get their bids organised for future expansion times so that they would have more time to prepare?

We were never getting this licence, for us though, we have come out of this with priority for the next licence so to those who say this was a waste of time, well i think you are being very narrow minded.
xEAx
xEAx

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 am
I may sound like a bit of a Dic*head but at the end of the day, its all political bullshit.
i don't see why Sydney have two teams.
WERE THE CAPITAL OF THIS FU**ING COUNTRY. we AT-LEAST DESERVE A FU**ING FOOTBALL TEAM
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:21 am
Yes the FFA have lead us down the Garden Path... but was it for the good? As has been said, we were never going to get in. But us starting up our bid last year, has built us to make sure we have a VERY strong bid in the future.

BTW, we ask that all users cut down on the swearing.
thegezman
thegezman

Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:03 am
aleague4canberra wrote:
thegezman wrote:just underlines how narrow and bloddy minded the decision from the FFA is.

yes but do you agree that this bidding process now was never about the regional bids at all, rather the FFA were just giving the regional bids a bit of a head start to get their bids organised for future expansion times so that they would have more time to prepare?

We were never getting this licence, for us though, we have come out of this with priority for the next licence so to those who say this was a waste of time, well i think you are being very narrow minded.

then why even call it a bidding process - especially when the WS bid hasn't even fully met their own criteria.

why not say 12 months ago we are planning for expansion into WS as our 12th license holder and we are fielding bids for a potential 13,14th license (or replacement for wellington) and give it an actual time fram say 2013-2014?

all this has done is deflated a lot of peoples hopes with this bid, especially those who are not die hard fans like those on this site.

most people wont put their money where their mouth is until we have an actual team in place.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:12 am
thegezman wrote:

then why even call it a bidding process - especially when the WS bid hasn't even fully met their own criteria.

why not say 12 months ago we are planning for expansion into WS as our 12th license holder and we are fielding bids for a potential 13,14th license (or replacement for wellington) and give it an actual time fram say 2013-2014?

all this has done is deflated a lot of peoples hopes with this bid, especially those who are not die hard fans like those on this site.

most people wont put their money where their mouth is until we have an actual team in place.

Simple, the FFA just wanted to give western sydney competition to make their bid better.

Good wad of good that did, but do you see now that the FFA have set themselves up perfectly for the future?

If wellington have to go, then they have a 10 team league this year with two bids ready to come in the next year. They then have two more regional bids that will come in when the FFA sees fit.

Really we didn't get the licence this time because the FFA were willing to wait 5 or so years for canberra, not so for western sydney.
Toby
Toby

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:25 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:
thegezman wrote:

Simple, the FFA just wanted to give western sydney competition to make their bid better.

Good wad of good that did, but do you see now that the FFA have set themselves up perfectly for the future?

If wellington have to go, then they have a 10 team league this year with two bids ready to come in the next year. They then have two more regional bids that will come in when the FFA sees fit.

Really we didn't get the licence this time because the FFA were willing to wait 5 or so years for canberra, not so for western sydney.

That's why I was deflated.. It all depends if the FFA keep their focus on expansion or other things like the FFA Cup.. There is no doubt the FFA will turn their attention to the world cup now.. and then the Asian cup... I am also wondering if the next round of expansion will be A-league or a2 but with the FFA saying 'Canberra are obvious priorities for the 13th spot' I am guessing they are still focused on a-league growth however I wouldn't rule out that possibly changing...
thegezman
thegezman

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:27 pm
simply stating in the mdeia that canberra is an obvious prioity isn't necessairly enough to ensure that the govt and commercial support that we have in place already doesn't simply fade away.

the last thing i wont is the people to rest on their larruels simply assuming that we will now get the next license when they decide its time for one

this set back kills a lot of momentum IMO, especially not having a fixed goal (read time frame) to work for.

if we were such an obvious prioirty then why the hell were we sold short but a bid far far inferior than ours?

i'd be livid if i was someone who has dedicated hours to this simply to recieve nothing more than half harted lip service from the FFA who it appears were never going to give a this license to anyone but WS.

i feel sorry for Ivan Slavich and co who have been working in good faith with the FFA only to get shafted.

If WS had met all the criteria then i wouldn't so angry.

It's one set or rules for one and one set of rules for everone else it seems.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:42 pm
all the ffa wanted to do was give Sydney and Melbourne 2nd teams so they could have a rivalry and set up HUGE inter-city derbies
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum