Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Farina Possible Canberra A-League coach?

+8
Toby
Pittodrie Boy
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Galileo
Gate7
Chris1822
Expedite
Joey47
12 posters
Go down

If given the chance, would it be a good appointment?

7 - 70%
2 - 20%
1 - 10%

Total Votes: 10

Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Frank Farina Possible Canberra A-League coach? Empty Frank Farina Possible Canberra A-League coach?

Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:10 pm
Following Frank Farina's sacking from the Brisbane Roar, it is quite apparent that he would still want to coach and A-League club down the track in the future. He did start off in the Nations Capital. And he did lead Brisbane Strikers to a NSL win, coached the Socceroos and lead Brisbane to 3rd place two years in a row.
The only reason he did get sacked was because of the tension between the board and him. I don't think the main reason was because of the drink-driving.

IMO, he would be great, and unless we can get a European coach, at a standard of Van't Schip, the new Melbourne Heart coach, we should have a serious look at him.

Thoughts?
Expedite

Frank Farina Possible Canberra A-League coach? Empty Re: Frank Farina Possible Canberra A-League coach?

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:38 pm
Cant stand Farina would not want him anywhere near any team i supported. Add the TWO drink driving incidences and that makes him even more unemployable.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Frank Farina Possible Canberra A-League coach? Empty Re: Frank Farina Possible Canberra A-League coach?

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:02 pm
Well the ideal situation would be a foreign coach but a close second would be an experienced Aussie and Farina is just that.

IMO he would be great, cheap, experienced and hypothetically if we got a provisional next year for 2012, we could even employ Farina and give him 2 years to build a squad.
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:21 pm
brisbane while under farina the last couple seasons hav been one of the ugliest teams to watch, not just coz there uniforms suck but coz they just played shithouse
Expedite

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:30 pm
Their football has stunk and he has is the biggest whinger in the A-League.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:30 pm
I agree with schimch. If there are no other overseas coaches on offer then Farina would be the kind coach of claibre that we should look to.
Galileo
Galileo

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:27 pm
Well here is the thing...

it just depends on who is on offer.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:52 pm
i'd be happy with Franky!!
Pittodrie Boy
Pittodrie Boy

Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:31 am
I'll drink to that! Surprised
Toby
Toby

Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:55 pm
yeah I guess so though him and John Kosmina don't instill professionalism a la Lavicka..
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:56 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:I agree with schimch. If there are no other overseas coaches on offer then Farina would be the kind coach of claibre that we should look to.
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:55 pm
All I can say is it depends who applies for the job. If Farina is the best candidate we'll take him.

Maybe Local Liquor will be interested in being our sleeve sponsor like for the Raiders Smile
theblueorder
theblueorder
Other football teams : Rangers FC

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:12 pm
Farina is hopeless
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:02 am
pete wrote:All I can say is it depends who applies for the job. If Farina is the best candidate we'll take him.

Agreed. Even though he hasn't played razzle dazzle, he has still played some decent football and has led the Roar to solid positions. Farina has loads of experience and would be able to entice players into coming to the club.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum