Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

"Our" United Empty "Our" United

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:28 am
Today's Canberra Times reads "A-League backer on the verge of forfeit". Ivan basically "wants to hear a concrete plan how Canberra will be included by 2012 or he's out".

I am interested in what everyone thinks about the future of football in the ACT?? At this stage I can't see us in by 2012 unless an existing club goes belly up or the AFC gives Wellington the boot.

It appears the FFA have us in their plans for 2015 Asian Cup & 2018/22 World Cup but this is some way off - http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/canberra-still-in-our-plans-ffa-says/1664488.aspx

We have a team in the W-League but what else can we do in the interim to build the club up?? Are there any plans/strategy to take the game forward from Capital Football?? It appears the ACT Govt isn't interested in having another A-League match here in the short term but we may get a youth team. Any thoughts??
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

"Our" United Empty Re: "Our" United

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:06 am
TBH, I really think we are gone. Our comments towards the FFA have not been positive and I am pretty much resigned to not having a team before 2015.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:55 am
That article in the Times scared the crap out of me at first. I thought he was going to pull out because of the lack of support shown at the 2 games. But he really, who could disagree with him?
Galileo
Galileo

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:19 am
I wouldn't read too much into it.
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:59 am
Yeah look Ivan won't hang around forever and I think he wants the FFA to know that too. Here is the article:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/aleague-backer-on-verge-of-forfeit/1664763.aspx
spathi
spathi
Other football teams : Liverpool, Barcelona

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:06 am
I think Ivan has done a pretty good job so far and i can only imagine how upset he must be about 1: not gaining the 12th license and the way the bid was treated by FFA, 2: the amount of support that Capital football are giving to the bid, 3: the average crowd attendances to the 2 A-League games held here, even though they were neutral teams to Canbberra. 4: not been given any concrete plan as to how and when a Canberra team will enter into the competition.

We all know that CF have Fk All money to help the bid but what they could have done is give it more support. They have something like 18,000 registered players, why couldn't they have given all players from U/11 and down free tickets to attend with a paying adult, instead they choose to do nothing. There are alot of things that could have been done this is just a no brainer idea of mine. Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down CF
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:24 am
spathi wrote:I think Ivan has done a pretty good job so far and i can only imagine how upset he must be about 1: not gaining the 12th license and the way the bid was treated by FFA, 2: the amount of support that Capital football are giving to the bid, 3: the average crowd attendances to the 2 A-League games held here, even though they were neutral teams to Canbberra. 4: not been given any concrete plan as to how and when a Canberra team will enter into the competition.

We all know that CF have Fk All money to help the bid but what they could have done is give it more support. They have something like 18,000 registered players, why couldn't they have given all players from U/11 and down free tickets to attend with a paying adult, instead they choose to do nothing. There are alot of things that could have been done this is just a no brainer idea of mine. Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down CF

I was just thinking that yesterday when I had a galnce over the crowd. Why the hell could Capital Football not offer any discounts or even promote the game?
pete
pete

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:40 pm
Besides collecting registration fees and organising the Kanga Cup I do wonder about Capital Football sometimes?? I don't think they are interested in an A-League side TBH because they won't be able to get $$$ from it.

If someone knows better please let me know!! because the last 2 matches was a perfect opportunity to leverage big junior football base to pull a decent crowd wasted!! Capital Football will probably deflect the blame on the Mariners (who themselves didn't turn up to promote the game either)
girlswithgame

Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:39 pm
It's not Capital Football's job to promote the game or give discounts or tickets. They can't. It's an A-League home game, run by the FFA and the Mariners. They do not have access to tickets. You can't get tickets from AFL Canberra to the AFL games at Manuka Oval, any freebies come from NSW/ACT AFL - which is part of the AFL's governing body. Not the local competition organsier.

And they CANNOT get involved in the A-League bid because the FFA has said every A-League team must be seperate to its state federation. All they can do is say they support it, which they have. But they CANNOT do anything else.
spathi
spathi
Other football teams : Liverpool, Barcelona

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:41 pm
girlswithgame,, you must be Heather Reid.
girlswithgame

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:23 pm
If anyone on here bothered to look, my identity is very clearly available to everyone.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:26 pm
girlswithgame wrote:It's not Capital Football's job to promote the game or give discounts or tickets. They can't. It's an A-League home game, run by the FFA and the Mariners. They do not have access to tickets. You can't get tickets from AFL Canberra to the AFL games at Manuka Oval, any freebies come from NSW/ACT AFL - which is part of the AFL's governing body. Not the local competition organsier.

And they CANNOT get involved in the A-League bid because the FFA has said every A-League team must be seperate to its state federation. All they can do is say they support it, which they have. But they CANNOT do anything else.

No doubt about identities here!!!

But this is exactly what we are talking about here, there is no integration between governing bodies. Everyone knows the biggest stumbling block to progress in this country is the state governments.

so, likewise, are the various levels of governing football bodies. whether it be from the ffa down to capital football and local club association.

in order to advance football there needs to be seamless echelons of governance. example:

when i was younger i would register with my local club (the mighty belwest) and we would all recieve with our registration a few free tickets to cosmos games. now this is what i'm talking about. here is the nsl supporting local clubs by giving free tickets and so the tickets would be used and in doing so local club members supporting the nsl and in the broader sense the national game (i.e. soccer australia... in those days).

so to say we can't just give tickets away and not give other real supporting measures to the a-league bid is the kind of attitude that is taking the game backwards. most canberra fans are for bringing the game forwards, and the only way to do that is to bring in a canberra a-league team.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum