Go down
Mickey_Raider

Slavich on the verge of quitting

on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:31 pm
A-League backer on verge of forfeit

BY MERRYN SHERWOOD
1/11/2009 9:42:00 AM

FRUSTRATED Canberra A-League bid leader Ivan Slavich is on the verge of walking away from his push to secure the capital its own team in the national soccer competition.
More than a month after the sport's governing body Football Federation Australia gave the 12th A-League licence to western Sydney ahead of Canberra, MrSlavich is yet to be told why.

On Friday, the ActewAGL boss, who has spent the past 18 months leading the Canberra bid, formally wrote to FFA chief executive Ben Buckley seeking some answers.

At last night's A-League game at Canberra Stadium Mr Slavich said he wanted to hear a concrete plan on how Canberra would be included before 2012, or he's out.

''I will say I certainly don't give up easily,'' Mr Slavich said.

''But I can't hang around for forever. If they can show me the pathway, then we will absolutely keep going, but in the absence of any clear direction as to what the pathway is, I do have a responsibility to give money back to foundation members if we don't have a team.''

December 31, 2012 is the date when the foundation membership trust fund will be released. Currently there are 2000 members who have paid $200 each, a total of $400,000. Mr Slavich said if the FFA could not show him a clear plan he would refund foundation members' cash earlier.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/aleague-backer-on-verge-of-forfeit/1664763.aspx
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Re: Slavich on the verge of quitting

on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:13 am
this is good, a bit of pressure on the FFA saying use us or lose us.

Foundation member #869
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:26 pm
Yeah the FFA would have to act in some way because they don't want to lose the momentum here.
United On The Gong

on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:51 pm
Rightly so I say. Why should he wait around and keep getting shrugged off by the FFA. Go on him I say.
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
http://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:49 am
I wouldn't think this is much to be read into TBH. I think we should expect a decision on when would be th next possible entry date. It is just plain unprofessionalism from ther FFA.

TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:45 pm
NOOOOOOO!!! he can't quit now... we're so close... he's the main reason we have all this mommentum
Raider_United

on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:52 pm
TheBigMan wrote:NOOOOOOO!!! he can't quit now... we're so close... he's the main reason we have all this mommentum

He IS the reason we have all this momentum.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum