A forum for Canberra United supporters to discuss all things football in Canberra

We want you to join the Capital Punishment army on the hill side of McKellar Park, at each and every Canberra United match.
The forum has undergone a revolution... so register and voice your opinion regarding everything football in Canberra.

Redundant?

Nonno Gomes
    Carl Valeri

Redundant?

Post by Nonno Gomes on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:35 am

being a passionate canberra a league supporter it really saddens me to ask the question: should we close this section of the forum???

Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Re: Redundant?

Post by Chris1822 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:03 am

no.

Foundation member #869
    pete
    Ned Zelic

Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Post by pete on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:27 am

Don't do it...

I reckon Wellington's demise will be fast when it happens. I can't see the AFC taking a step back!
    Gate7
    Ned Zelic

Other football teams : Olympiakos

Post by Gate7 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:15 pm

to everyone banking on wellington being kicked out, keep dreaming. fifa has already said that they r fine with the phoenix being a part of the a-league and they have said that the afc has no power about it because fifa will overule them if they try anything. so give up on the wellington being kicked out thing. we r not a charity case, we can earn our own spot anyway. the bid team just needs to do a better job next time.
    Joey47
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio

Post by Joey47 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Gate7 wrote:to everyone banking on wellington being kicked out, keep dreaming. fifa has already said that they r fine with the phoenix being a part of the a-league and they have said that the afc has no power about it because fifa will overule them if they try anything. so give up on the wellington being kicked out thing. we r not a charity case, we can earn our own spot anyway. the bid team just needs to do a better job next time.

Agreed 100%. i held hope early this year, but Wellington have been getting some good word in the last 12 months, so I gave up ages ago. FIFA have always wanted them, and FIFA are the most powerful governing body in football. The only way we will replace Wellingotn is if their crowds go to crap, the go bankrupt and don;t have Terry Tserpisos (sp?)

WEllington are in the A-League for a long time and I have been saying THAT for a long time.

pete
    Ned Zelic

Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Post by pete on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:48 am

So why hasn't the FFA extended Wellington's license if it's that clear and the "AFC has no power"??

It's not about charity either look at Gold Coast and Fury aren't doing well so if their owner pulls out and a spot becomes available what are we going to say "no" we don't accept charity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:23 am