A forum for Canberra United supporters to discuss all things football in Canberra

We want you to join the Capital Punishment army on the hill side of McKellar Park, at each and every Canberra United match.
The forum has undergone a revolution... so register and voice your opinion regarding everything football in Canberra.

Thea Slatyer

footballfan
    Ben Williams

Thea Slatyer

Post by footballfan on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:52 am

How on earth can Junna justify bringing in Slatyer at this late stage. She hasn't played in months - she won't be fit. She played really bad in semi and finals last year and always looked like she didn't really want to be there. We don't need her. God doesn't he realise it is the strikers who have let the team down this season. We don't need more defenders, they have done a good job in keeping the team up to fourth position. Totally unnecessary and unfair. Junna must be insane to think this is helping. It doesn't develop the younger girls as he says in the article to have them sitting on the bench. It is an insult to the existing team and I bet they are not happy about having her there as he said in the article.
    Nonno Gomes
    Carl Valeri

Re: Thea Slatyer

Post by Nonno Gomes on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:08 am

footballfan wrote:How on earth can Junna justify bringing in Slatyer at this late stage. She hasn't played in months - she won't be fit. She played really bad in semi and finals last year and always looked like she didn't really want to be there. We don't need her. God doesn't he realise it is the strikers who have let the team down this season. We don't need more defenders, they have done a good job in keeping the team up to fourth position. Totally unnecessary and unfair. Junna must be insane to think this is helping. It doesn't develop the younger girls as he says in the article to have them sitting on the bench. It is an insult to the existing team and I bet they are not happy about having her there as he said in the article.

I cannot believe i am about to say this but... here here.

Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio

Post by Joey47 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:28 am

It just depends on how Junna is going to use her. Is she going to be our starting defender or on the bench? She definitely doesn't deserve to be starting. But she is a quality defender and does offer that experience to our young backline.

I would definitely put Kiting, Studman, Brush, Perry in front of her.

efcmetro1878
    Carl Valeri

Post by efcmetro1878 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Agreed. I think the main issue here is - why?
    The backline is playing SO well, they're covering each other and finally starting to gel and now he goes and throws Thea into the mix. I don't understand why.

Remember who made the mistake for the first goal in the finals last year?
    Raider_United
    Ellie Brush

Post by Raider_United on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:26 am

I think she is a good defender but I agree with the general consensus here. Why? We have some great players playing in the defence, who are in form.

Wonder if she will be starting or off the bench?

Humprey
    Ben Williams

Post by Humprey on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:26 am

Slatyer will be starting to replace Studman, I think. It's not really fair for the current players.
    Toby
    Ivan Slavich

Post by Toby on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:39 am

She was one a good defender last year though
    efcmetro1878
    Carl Valeri

Post by efcmetro1878 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:35 pm

A little birdy tells me she'll start this week.

It'll be hilarious if she saves a shot off the line and scores from forty yards - humble pie aplenty...

bill_posters2006

Post by bill_posters2006 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:26 pm

I take it you are all related to or friends with the defenders in the team for such rubbish to be written about Thea

Firstly, go back and watch the semi final and grand final again with somebody by your side who knows something football!

While your at it, you might as well have a look at all the games she played in last year and have a look at the expression on her face....she doesn't smile...she always has the same intense look on her face, because thats how she plays the game.

This is not park football, this is the W-League, Australia's best of the best in womens football!!....Do you want to win or do you want to be fair!

Finally, who would you really want on the field when the game is on the line. (stand in front of the mirror when you answer, so you can see if your lying)

........too bad about saturday.......

......if only we had an experienced defender to throw into the game in the final 20 mins...Ooooooops...we did...she was on the bench!

IDIOTS !!!
    Golden_CU
    Ellie Brush

Other football teams : Bradford City

Post by Golden_CU on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:29 pm

I take it you are all related to or friends with the defenders in the team for such rubbish to be written about Thea.

I take it your related to Thea Slatyer for the rubbish you have just written.

She is a good defender, yes, but can you honestly say that the defenders that have played for Canberra United this year been rubbish? Studman, Brush, Kiting, Perry, Sykes have all been the shining light of a pretty average season.

While your at it, you might as well have a look at all the games she played in last year and have a look at the expression on her face....she doesn't smile...she always has the same intense look on her face, because thats how she plays the game.

clap clap She plays with an "intense" expression on her face. Therefore she deserves a spot ahead anyone else in the team. clap clap

This is not park football, this is the W-League, Australia's best of the best in womens football!!....Do you want to win or do you want to be fair!

We realise this is not park football but this relates back to my comment earlier. When your defenders have been going great guns this year, why disrupt them and put someone in who they wouldn't have known to play with?

Finally, who would you really want on the field when the game is on the line. (stand in front of the mirror when you answer, so you can see if your lying)

Well TBH, I would want someone who has played the whole season and is experienced with the girls that play around her. ie. Studman, Kiting, Perry, Brush, Sykes. I'm sure that is more the safe option than to put someone in who hasn't played football for 12 months with a sh*tload of new girls from last year. That is just my opinion.

........too bad about saturday.......

......if only we had an experienced defender to throw into the game in the final 20 mins...Ooooooops...we did...she was on the bench!

Tell me, what was Junna meant to think? "Oh, they are gonna score in the last few minutes. Better put on a different defender who will distrupt the line of defence that has played so bloody well this game."

IDIOTS !!!

IDIOT!!!

bill_posters2006

Post by bill_posters2006 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:21 am

.......too bad about saturday.......

footballfan
    Ben Williams

Post by footballfan on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:21 am

You made some very nasty and spiteful comments about the team BillPoster. What about a bit of praise for how well the defenders did to hold out the attack all game. Slatyer would not have made any difference. She wasn't very good last year and was often the cause of goals scored against Canberra.

At least these girls made a commitment from before the season to be part of the team and come to training every day - often at considerable sacrifice to their schooling and outside lives. Who does Slatyer think she is that she can just come waltzing in and take a spot. She never trained once with the team last year - not even for the grand final. She obviously only thinks about herself and not the team. There is no 'I' in 'TEAM'!!!
    Nonno Gomes
    Carl Valeri

Post by Nonno Gomes on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:21 am

BillPoster2006 with a grand total of 2 posts has already lost any credibility. 'Onya mate!!! I'll wade into the debate by saying to you BillPoster2006 that you don't know anything about football.

come on capital punishment forumers leave this poor misguided child alone and lets get onto more important issues like the game this week!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:18 am