Go down
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Update from the bid (good news)!!

on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:10 pm
Happy New Year to all A-League4Canberra Foundation Members and Supporters.

I continue to work towards securing an A-League team for Canberra and the region and I'd like to take this opportunity to update you on the latest news, both regards our A-League team and A-League Youth team.

In this newsletter:
FFA Meeting December 2009.
A-League Investor update.
National Youth League progress.
Foundation Members Funds

FFA Meeting December 2009.

I met with Football Federation Australia in December and had further discussions regarding Canberra's entry into the A-League. Currently the FFA will review further A-League expansion in the coming months. I am continuing to push for an entry date for the 13th A-League team as soon as possible. I expect, as mentioned by FFA CEO Ben Buckley previously, that this will be Canberra. We have also had further positive discussions on a Canberra A-League National Youth League side. (See below.)

A-League Investor update.

I am continuing to discuss with a number of investors, including some overseas investors the various options available to them. Obviously these things take time but I am working to ensure that when we are given an A-League licence our investors are on-board and ready to provide a wonderful football team for the people of Canberra and the region.

Canberra Development Pathway 16-21 Boys: National Youth League progress.

One of the main reasons I got involved in the A-League4Canberra bid was to try and provide a pathway for our thousands of young footballers who play the game each year. As we know, players like Luke Pilkington (Woden Valley now Melbourne Victory) Kaz Patafta (Belnorth, now Newcastle Jets) Nikolai Topor-Stanley (Tuggeranong United now Newcastle Jets) Stephen Lustica, Andrew Baresic (Canberra FC now Gold Coast United) Dane Milovanovic, Codey Larkin (ACTAS now Adelaide United) are just some of the increasing number of Canberrans each year who have progressed from our junior ranks through to professional football, albeit in other cities.

I'm confident that Canberra will have an A-League National Youth League team in the near future, either 2010/11 or 2011/12, thus ensuring even more players can develop their football careers in Canberra. Already a number of Canberra teams, including ANU FC and Woden Valley/Coerver have played numerous games against A-League Youth teams, thus providing outstanding competition for our boys but also putting our players in the shop window of various A-League clubs.

We need an A-League4Canberra Youth team.

I have written to the ACT Government Sports Minister to secure funds to support an A-League4Canberra National Youth League team. This would not only provide a pathway for our boys but also provide a player base for our A-League team when we gain entry.

At this stage it has been suggested by the FFA that A-League4Canberra Youth Team would form a liaison with Canberra United W-League team which in time would provide the nucleus for a Canberra A-League team in terms of club, administration etc. The initial suggestion is to run the Youth team under an A-League4Canberra/CapitalFootball/ACTAS model.

Foundation Members Funds
As mentioned in the previous newsletter Foundation Membership funds will be refunded by 31 December 2012 if we are unsuccessful with our bid, or a date for A-League entry has not been granted.

As you can see movement continues towards securing an A-League team and a development pathway for our thousands of junior players in coming years.

I will keep you up-to-date as news develops over the coming months.

Thanks for your ongoing support; together we will get an A-League team for Canberra.

Regards

Ivan Slavich
A-League4Canberra Bid Leader.

Foundation member #869
Wil

Re: Update from the bid (good news)!!

on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:46 pm
Smile good to get an update from Ivan on the bid - what do other supporters think?
I think that IF the Youth League gets up going as stated next season or the one after, then indications are they we should get the 13th spot possibly the year after that. The Canberra bid still has a long way to go to be fiancillay viable but if Ivan can get some investors on board then we should have a good chance of getting the 13th spot. One bummer is that with the current uncertainty of the future of Qld Fury in the A-League you can image that FFA will not be rushing any new club in, especially if they are not cashed up. Ivan still has the faith and it is good that he has not given up.
Toby

on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 pm
Indeed it is positive news however I hope our bid learns from the current NQF woes that we need many businesses and our club needs to be community focused in order to survive... If our club reaches out to Canberran society then there is no reason to think that our club will endure financial strains.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum