Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MattK
MattK
Other football teams : Blackburn Rovers FC

Roar part-owner Emmanuel Drivas on Fox Sports FC tonight Empty Roar part-owner Emmanuel Drivas on Fox Sports FC tonight

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:53 pm
Looking at problems at owning an A-League franchise.
MattK
MattK

Roar part-owner Emmanuel Drivas on Fox Sports FC tonight Empty Re: Roar part-owner Emmanuel Drivas on Fox Sports FC tonight

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am
I dont know how the FFA will ever survive that tounge lashing.

A very tame, timid and polite Emmanual Drivas saying -

- Yes the current model does not work and in any business/ franchise business you got have the right model to work - but couldn't enlighten us with one that might. Rolls Eyes

- The 1.8 mill helped with releasing financial pressure, but that wasnt the reason for letting them go cos every young player dreams of playing in Europe and we cant stop it

- Educated us that a football club is all about turnover and expenditure. In time the turnover will happen and one day its going to happen for us Facepalm

- No it doesnt help having the FFA sponsorship rules and lifting them will help - named Westfields and 'certain shopping centres' wanting to back 'certain a league teams' Rolls Eyes

- No we dont want Gold Coast to go

- No clive Palmer does not speak on behalf of the rest of the owners in A League

- Detective Bosnich believes there is something more with Palmer that he is not saying and he wants to be the one to reveal it.

- Drivas is not there to make money, they are there as managers they are there for the sport not glory or money. If they break even they will have parties every day. Wink

At the end of the day it's not the end of the league and teams if we just sort the problems out properly and diplomatically and not panic and make threats that parties may or may not carry out. - Bozza's words not mine.

All in all, tell us something we dont know.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Roar part-owner Emmanuel Drivas on Fox Sports FC tonight Empty Re: Roar part-owner Emmanuel Drivas on Fox Sports FC tonight

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:17 pm
^^
yeah very interesting interview, when he was asked what changes he would like to see with the model he just said something vague about turnover which didn't answer the question.

At the CCM-AU match at canberra stadium last year I spoke with one of the bid people and he said that the current business model that Canberra had was not viable and now this sentiment is being echoed throughout the league.

Hopefully the model can change for the better in time for the Canberra bid to be accepted so we can be as strong as possible.
MattK
MattK

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:50 pm
Yeah as a business man, a professional, he didnt come across all that convincing.

Dont get me wrong, Emmanual Drivas and Co have done loads for local club Brisbane Olympic and QLD Lions - Brisbane Roar starter club.

But when he said things like we finally realised that running a football club is like a bussines, a huge bussines. I had to think 'what did you think it was going to be like?'

Then followed that with ' when we raised the fees for our supporters' - meaning the raise in ticket prices last season. I felt like saying, mate your not a bank.

What is the model being proposed for Canberra ??. I would be interested to find out why its not deemed viable.
MattK
MattK

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:11 am
The general view from everyone at Fox FC

I guess we wait til tomorrow to see what Palmer does.http://www.foxsports.com.au/shows/foxsportsfc
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:02 pm
MattK wrote:Yeah as a business man, a professional, he didnt come across all that convincing.

Dont get me wrong, Emmanual Drivas and Co have done loads for local club Brisbane Olympic and QLD Lions - Brisbane Roar starter club.

But when he said things like we finally realised that running a football club is like a bussines, a huge bussines. I had to think 'what did you think it was going to be like?'

Then followed that with ' when we raised the fees for our supporters' - meaning the raise in ticket prices last season. I felt like saying, mate your not a bank.

What is the model being proposed for Canberra ??. I would be interested to find out why its not deemed viable.

I don't know any of the details about the Canberra model and why it isn't viable, all I remember him saying in that same conversation was something about how the current model isn't ambitious enough to be able to draw the 20K crowds Canberra's capable of.

It were words to that effect, but financially I have no idea, I'd love to sit down with Ivan Slavich and jsut discuss all this.

Even moreso just read the bid book but I'd say that is probably against FFA regulations as we're still bidding.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum