Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Empty Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:36 am
Firstly: hello all! Apologies for not posting since last season, but alot has changed for me since then. I'm living in the Gong now, studying at UOW. I'll hopefully be making a few trips up for WL games and perhaps the Newy and Sydney trips too!

Anyway - I've become alright at Photoshop, so I thought I'd put a few ideas out on the table for our inaugural AL shirts. The current shirt deal finishes this year, and I've heard on the grapevine that all the teams are looking to move away from rbk ('cos they're rubbish) and towards adidas, Nike and the like.
I've put together two CU shirts, and would love some feedback from you guys.

Home:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Cufchome

Away:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Cufcaway

Feedback is welcomed.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Empty Re: Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:56 am
Wow, they're brilliant. The away one reminds me a lot like of Adelaide United's away strip.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Empty Re: Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:26 am
good to have you back efcmetro, everyone's been off the forum so no need to apologise

The shirts look great, agree about the away ones looking too similar to adelaide's away ones.

How would the home one look with black pin stripes instead of grey?
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:33 pm
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Cufcaway2
Thoughts?
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:09 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Cufcaway2
Thoughts?

I think I like it better, but I still think it's missing something.

IMO sleeve tips white might look better?
Toby
Toby

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:18 pm
Schimch@capital hill wrote:
efcmetro1878 wrote:Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Cufcaway2
Thoughts?

I think I like it better, but I still think it's missing something.

IMO sleeve tips white might look better?

Wow yeah this looks awsome! White tips could be cool!
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:16 pm
First thing's first: the back of the home shirt. I couldn't find A-League lettering, so I used a typeface similar to England's shirts. I've also included a little something behind the collar.
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Cufchomeback
First person to figure out exactly what it is wins... well, nothing.

Second - the third shirt, or an alternative for the home shirt. Stripes are in fashion (Heart, etc.), so I went with a simpler shirt for this one.
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Cufcaway3

Again, opinions are welcome.

Also: I'll see if I can work out white sleeve tips.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:54 pm
^^^

the white one reminds me of a ref's shirt but i love the first two... maybe have white instead of black for the away shirt (in first post)
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:21 pm
The reason I went with black is that every club at the start of the A-League had white away shirts, and everyone hated them. I might do a navy blue one just to see how it comes up - blue and green ARE our state colours...
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 pm
^^

what about adelaide utd have black and red
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:51 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:The reason I went with black is that every club at the start of the A-League had white away shirts, and everyone hated them.

Newy have blue ones, too.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:04 pm
Thought I'd pop these up as well. Not our kits, but nice too look at anyway :)

White sleeve tips:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Cufcaway2white

WSyd Home:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Wsydhome

WSyd Away:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Wsydaway

Wollongong Home:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Wgonghome

Wollongong Away:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Wgongaway

Thoughts welcome as always.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:42 pm
love the sydney rovers kit... although it wont be used
south coast is pretty good as well!

you should go through the previous kits thread and take some extra ideas from it for canberra kits!

maybe try tassie united as well
Toby
Toby

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:22 am
efcmetro1878 wrote:Thought I'd pop these up as well. Not our kits, but nice too look at anyway :)

White sleeve tips:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Cufcaway2white

WSyd Home:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Wsydhome

WSyd Away:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Wsydaway

Wollongong Home:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Wgonghome

Wollongong Away:
Kits. (Not like it hasn't been discussed before...) Wgongaway

Thoughts welcome as always.

looking at it again, I reckon the original green tips look better. Agreed, Sydney Rovers looks fantastic but im not too keen on the Wollongong tops
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:05 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:The reason I went with black is that every club at the start of the A-League had white away shirts, and everyone hated them. I might do a navy blue one just to see how it comes up - blue and green ARE our state colours...

blue and yellow are our state colours
the reason everything is green is because of the raiders
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:08 pm
^^

lol

but those kits are magnificent!!! i love the home jersey, and love the rovers tops! the away kits is a tough one because you could either have it green and white/black or have it blue and yellow (state colours, brumbies)
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm
probs should take a look at the 'team colours' thread and check out BrotherEstapol's and toby's kit designs
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:23 pm
These kits are soo good!! Im so glad the shirt sponsorship runs out at the end of the season lol
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:15 pm
We should have Canberra Milk as shirt sponsors for the girls.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:41 pm
^^

lol
Layles

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:58 pm
why not have something completely different for the away kit? a lot of EPL clubs have away kits ntohign to do with their original club colours...

man city for example have mad maroon, purple, dark blue, black, grey, bright orange, bright green etc etc...

something like this perhaps... but obviously canberra united
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:20 pm
^^

with purple?
reminds me of perth glory
Layles

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:^^

with purple?
reminds me of perth glory

actually very true. dont ask me why but for some reason i totally forgot about them... then again, they're current playing style is not at all memorbale so who can blame me!

i'll get back to you on a kit ;)

but i still liek the idea of an away kit having nothing to do with the sides actual colours
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum