Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

PRE-SEASON. Empty PRE-SEASON.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:31 pm
So, let me get this right:
Sydney FC have played three pre-season games so far this season - two against Illawarra Stingrays (a freaking good team) and one against Newy - and have another game against the Jets this weekend. They've won all three games, and scored ten goals so far. The Stingrays are no slouches, having won the State titles twice in a row and being the home base for many of the W-League's best players (Michele Heyman, for example).
Newcastle have these two pre-season games, along with another game against a local team from what I hear; Adelaide played Illawarra two weeks ago as well, as well as playing the FFSA Rep team.

Why, then, are the CU girls not playing games against ACT WPL teams or Southern Tablelands, Illawarra, South Coast and Riverina rep squads?

Surely they'll be short of match practice at the start of season again, or are management planning games closer to the season proper?
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

PRE-SEASON. Empty Re: PRE-SEASON.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:23 pm
The only defence I can have of this, is that all of the girls are just coming off long seasons for their clubs. However, I'd think this would also be the case for other clubs.

I don't think we have ever had a pre-season game in the three seasons we've been in existence.

Bit of a concern TBH.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:12 am
Golden_CU wrote:The only defence I can have of this, is that all of the girls are just coming off long seasons for their clubs. However, I'd think this would also be the case for other clubs.

I can see what you mean, but alot of SFC players also played Asian Cup or State PL together.
Even if CU just played Woden Valley or a Belconnen XI (without Munoz, Cian, etc) to hone their skills and boost the confidence.
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:35 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:
Golden_CU wrote:The only defence I can have of this, is that all of the girls are just coming off long seasons for their clubs. However, I'd think this would also be the case for other clubs.

I can see what you mean, but alot of SFC players also played Asian Cup or State PL together.
Even if CU just played Woden Valley or a Belconnen XI (without Munoz, Cian, etc) to hone their skills and boost the confidence.

I'm agreeing 100% with you. Pre-season friendlies are needed IMO. It gives the team a chance to gel together and rise fitness levels. A bit of a stuff-up on Capital Football's behalf.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:24 pm
just wondering, is cfmeu still sponsering the team? because theyre no longer on the websites sponsers page so im guessing theyve left and the tradies have replaced them
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:31 pm
Interesting. I'd say they would be - they sponsor the ACT WPL now too. Not too long a bow to draw.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:32 pm
ok... better start putting the tradies logo on your shirts then instead cfmeu
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:37 pm
I don't think CFMEU would sponsor them anyway - they're just an easy logo for photoshop lol
I reckon someone like TransACT or Tourism Canberra will sponsor them - similar to CCM or AUFC.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:08 pm
Thought I'd give this a bump:
Stingrays to Strut Their Stuff in Canberra

The Illawarra Stingrays are off to Canberra this weekend on the latest journey in their football road show.
The Arrive Alive Women’s Premier League Champions will play the Canberra United W-League side, containing three former Stingrays stars in Michelle Heyman, Caitlin Cooper and Lyndsay Glohe.

So, there you go! Supposedly they play today, not sure when/where.

RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:13 pm
Anyone know how this went?
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:38 pm
According to my source, CU got up 3-nil. Not sure who scored though.

Nice work local media! (not.)

Kinda sad when the Merc give it 200 words and the CT give it a big zero.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum