Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread

+8
mikey_porto
FC United of Canberra
thisisnottheepl
CUFC
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
efcmetro1878
United On The Gong
Joey47
12 posters
Go down

Canberra United or Melbourne Victory?

9 - 90%
1 - 10%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 10

Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread  Empty 2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 am
So, after a 1-1 draw with fellow title contenders Brisbane Roar, Canberra United come up against possible dark horses Melbourne Victory, in what is shaping up to be an entertaining game at McKellar Park on Saturday. The Victory will be looking to bounce back from a disappointing 4-1 loss to Sydney FC on the weekend, while United look to remain undefeated and collect all three points.

2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread

2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread  40-68

VS

2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread  LogoMelbourneVictory

McKellar Park, Canberra
Saturday 20th of November, 2010
3:00pm
United On The Gong
United On The Gong

2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread  Empty Re: 2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:58 pm
I'm predicting a comfortable victory from us:

3-0

Scorers: Heyman, Van Egmond and Tseng.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread  Empty Re: 2010/11 Round 3 vs Melbourne Victory: Teams, Previews and Match day thread

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:40 pm
Canberra are in fine form, and with some polishing of passing and defence, are looking genuine title contenders. The Victory however are not, in fact looking to be cleaning Canberra's boots by the pointy end of the season.
Snez now plays for Melbourne, so expect her to cop some stick from Cian and Ellie.
I don't know how Melbourne are going to score, they look timid.

Canberra 3 (Heyman, Tseng, Brush)
Melbourne 1 (Taylor)
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:40 pm
IMO

canberra 2-0 melbourne

crowd: 856
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:36 pm
I reckon the CT need to pull their finger out and chuck an ad in for the match this weekend. I want to see more support this week. We need to turn McKellar into a fortress again: "The Berra of Terror"!
CUFC

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:45 pm
Hi all,

Just to confirm that there were indeed match advertisements in both Friday and Saturday's editions of the Canberra Times.

You can expect to see adverts in Friday and Saturday's editions again this weekend.
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:46 pm
Now, who tipped Melbourne for the win?
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:42 pm
Joey47 wrote:Now, who tipped Melbourne for the win?
I blame CUFC.

He must be that missing Pakistani wicketkeeper!! :lol:

CUFC wrote:You can expect to see adverts in Friday and Saturday's editions again this weekend.
Are there those huge posters in Westfield again? I'm sure Grace would've avoided Belco shops for a good three months... lol
Good to see that advertising in CT again.
thisisnottheepl
thisisnottheepl
Other football teams : Liverpool

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:50 am
Canberra to win 2-1
I think Melbourne will be hungry after their loss on the weekend and with their first game now under their belt they will have settled the nerves a bit. I think Melissa in goals will be tough to score against too. Canberra will have a good match on their hands but still find the way to 3 points and maintain 2nd on the table!

Check out this blog Final Result. It just started but has a good section on W-League!

Go United!
FC United of Canberra
FC United of Canberra

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:45 am
Official WWL Preview: Canberra United v Melbourne Victory
Thursday, 18 November 2010 by Sarah Walsh

Canberra United v Melbourne Victory

Saturday 20th November 3pm
McKellar Park
ABC MATCH OF THE WEEK
BROADCAST LIVE ON ABC1 AT 3PM AEDT

Head down to McKellar Park this Saturday to watch the Canberra United girls take on the Melbourne Victory in their hope to solidify their first home win of the season!

The fans of the Green Machine witnessed a thrilling battle against the Brisbane Roar last weekend, with the game ending in a fitting 1-1 draw.

Canberra were a goal down for most of the match, that was until Dual international Ellyse Perry coolly slotted the ball into the bottom left corner on the 81st minute, helping her side back into the match.

Canberra will need strong performances again from Ellie Brush, Caitlin Cooper and Ashleigh Sykes in this week’s fixture if they wish to secure that first home win for their loyal fans!

Unfortunately for Melbourne Victory, last week’s weather conditions didn't help the team at all in their 4-1 loss to Sydney. With the torrential rain contributing to mass puddles on the pitch, the slippery conditions proved to be a nightmare for 'keeper and Captain Melissa Barbieri.

Barbieri (Bubs) was disappointed that her team conceded the two late goals, only to be left with a score line that didn't reflect the competitiveness and closeness of the match.

The Victory will need to tidy up in defense to shut down Canberra's strikers Michelle Heyman and Caitlin Munoz, as they are forming quite the efficient partnership up top.

Bubs’ girls might have to look at supporting their own forwards a little more, which should effectively help in creating more opportunities, hopefully resulting in goals.

With the pressure on Canberra United to get their first home win and the weight of last week’s loss on the Victory's shoulders, making them more determined than ever to prove themselves, this match is one you can't afford to miss!

If you can't make it down to McKellar Park in Canberra this Saturday, fortunately for Westfield W-League fans this match is the 'Match of the Week' and can be viewed on ABC1 3pm AEDT.

Match tickets available at the gate.

http://www.canberraunited.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=36774
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:02 am
A solid 3-0 win to Canberra.

Heyman x2 and Tseng.
cufc_cc
cufc_cc
Other football teams : Leeds Utd

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 am
2-0 - Canberra.

however a more consistent performance is required, unlike last week.

Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:11 pm
bloody disappointing, we dominated but didn't put them away and we paid the price in the end
cunitfan

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:22 pm
another disappointing performance. The score was kind to Canberra even though I wanted them to win. Perry again was disappointing. Really don't know why Junna persists with her. Sykes and heyman were quiet and didn't do much again. Munoz was fantastic and Shippard was good in midfield. Williams kept them in the game with some great saves. The passing was again worse that under10s. Surely at this level they can do accurate passing. On paper Canberra have a strong team, but they are not delivering. Hope Junna gets up them and they get their act together for next game.
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:27 pm
cunitfan wrote:another disappointing performance. The score was kind to Canberra even though I wanted them to win. Perry again was disappointing. Really don't know why Junna persists with her. Sykes and heyman were quiet and didn't do much again. Munoz was fantastic and Shippard was good in midfield. Williams kept them in the game with some great saves. The passing was again worse that under10s. Surely at this level they can do accurate passing. On paper Canberra have a strong team, but they are not delivering. Hope Junna gets up them and they get their act together for next game.

I think you are being far too negative, cunitfan. Perry was hardly disappointing, and along with Brush and van Egmond was one of our more solid. We absolutely dominated the game, had way more opportunities than them, and easily deserved to win. I also thought Tseng was decent when she came on.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:31 pm
van egmond and williams were our best players IMO
cunitfan

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:33 pm
Well I call it disappointing when continually passing to the oppposition and corners going behind the net. She should be playing to a better standard to earn her place. Agree Brush was very good as always. Van Egmond did some great stuff, but disappeared at times. Tseng was good also, but didn't get as many chances as she should because of the poor passing in the defence.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:01 am
Not really related to this game, but Sydney played AU in the Gong yesterday: the AU girls were out on the town trying to find Maccas at about 1am. Had a good laugh. ROFL
thisisnottheepl
thisisnottheepl
Other football teams : Liverpool

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:28 am
I think Perry played well, maybe not to her full potential but still solid enough to earn a start. I think a lot of you have over looked Caitlin Cooper who had a great game. She scored our goal and was very solid in defence. I think the whole team however could benefit by just tidying up their passing game and playing with a bit more urgency. Hopefully it can get sorted before Adelaide and we can start putting a few more goals on the board.
southside

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:15 pm
Joey47 wrote:Now, who tipped MelbourNne for the win?

Now that would be me...and I was not too far off the mark.
Thank heavens for Lydia in goal.
Once again I was not overly impressed with Canberra's performance. Van Egomond contributed for 20 minutes, that does not make her the best. Really worry that she is not quick enough.
Shipard great contributor as usual but still should play to some postion, spends a fair bit of time making other players adjust their runs.
Still waiting for MH to live up to the hype.
FC United of Canberra
FC United of Canberra

Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:40 pm
That was a painful game to watch. I still think we are lacking a sense of flair in our team at the present moment, despite possessing Munoz, Tseng, Shipard, Van Egmond and Heyman. That is a serious concern, and Junna needs to address it.

Our best on the day was easily Caitlin Cooper, followed by Williams.

And some of those "whoop, whoop" chants going on in the stands, were downright embarrassing. Whoops
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:08 pm
Looked/sounded like there were about 50 people at the game. Not wrong about the chants; I never understood why Canberra crowds don't cheer. If you've ever been to a Caps/Brumbies/Raiders/Cannons game, it's the exact same. Weird.
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:18 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:Looked/sounded like there were about 50 people at the game. Not wrong about the chants; I never understood why Canberra crowds don't cheer. If you've ever been to a Caps/Brumbies/Raiders/Cannons game, it's the exact same. Weird.

Wrong... When things are up for the Raiders, there aren't that many NRL clubs that can beat the atmosphere that the Canberra faithful generate for the Green Machine. Last season, the atmosphere was amazing.

Brumbies are just plain embarrassing. Whoops

However, yeah I do agree about the Canberra thing as a whole. The fans aren't not very active in regards to atmosphere.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:22 am
Joey47 wrote:Wrong... When things are up for the Raiders, there aren't that many NRL clubs that can beat the atmosphere that the Canberra faithful generate for the Green Machine. Last season, the atmosphere was amazing.
Actually, you're not far wrong there. I must admit the Dragons have the best atmosphere, but that's only fuelled by drunks and the Dragon Army.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum