Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Canberra United's crowds? Empty Canberra United's crowds?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:48 pm
794 was the crowd on the weekend, fairly disappointing if you ask me.

TBH, I reckon it will remain this for the duration of the season, even if our form is great.

Thoughts?
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Canberra United's crowds? Empty Re: Canberra United's crowds?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:03 pm
i dont think the crowds will aveage over 1000 for any team TBH
i expected a higher attendance for our first game but i agree joey it will probably stay in between 600-1000 levels Doubt
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:50 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:i dont think the crowds will aveage over 1000 for any team TBH
Brisvegas got 1,100 for their game.
Kinda worried about crowds this season: I think more kids need to be encouraged to come along.

#justsayin
thisisnottheepl
thisisnottheepl
Other football teams : Liverpool

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:55 am
It is a little disappointing but I hope you are wrong about the form not bringing crowds. I think if we can manage a win against Melbourne then the game against Adelaide should bring a good crowd.

Check out this blog Final Result. It has a good section on W-League.

Last edited by thisisnottheepl on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
CUFC

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:22 am
That attendance for Brisbane v Sydney is a little bit wrong me thinks!

Having watched it on television, and from a source that attended the game, its doubtful there were more than 300-400 people in the ground!

Creative counting perhaps? Smile
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:35 am
CUFC wrote:That attendance for Brisbane v Sydney is a little bit wrong me thinks!

Having watched it on television, and from a source that attended the game, its doubtful there were more than 300-400 people in the ground!

AFL-style crowd doctoring! The ABC probably adding fans digitally Smile
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:45 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:
CUFC wrote:That attendance for Brisbane v Sydney is a little bit wrong me thinks!

AFL-style crowd doctoring! The ABC probably adding fans digitally Smile

Not to mention Sydney Rugby League clubs.

Yes, Sydney Roosters I am looking at you. Confused
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:12 pm
830 odd today if memory serves me correct which is an improvement which is good
cunitfan

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:35 pm
Good crowds, but very quiet. Not like the vocal crowds we had last year. What happened to the guys from here? didn't see or hear of them much.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:37 pm
we were there but had a couple of key people missing from last year. Where were you?
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:47 pm
TBH, the leaders here put in a lot of effort to drum up support. Sending out flyers, emails, setting up a forum, but TBH we don't get much of a response. We are a bit disappointed with Canberra United, that they don't encourage us handing out flyers at the game, and that they don't even encourage the Capital Punishment army. Something like running a story on their website, or via the Canberra Times.

But to some of the members here, where were you? It is extremely difficult to make noise when you are low on numbers. You just make an ass out of yourself.

Where are some of the people that said they were going to be with the army? Today, we actually had a few more people come over, but didn't really introduce themselves or make any noise. They kind of just stayed on the fringes of the group.

So, please at our next home game, bring a few mates, and come over, introduce yourself and make some noise.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:03 pm
Joey47 wrote:Today, we actually had a few more people come over, but didn't really introduce themselves or make any noise. They kind of just stayed on the fringes of the group.
Youse all look scary Cry
I didn't get to watch the telecast today sorry boys, was busy trying to fit futons in my Pulsar Thumbs Down will check out the highlights for your smiling mugs though.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:55 pm
I think the other thing here is that it doesn't matter how many people are at the game at the end of the day; it's how much noise and atmosphere they create. Look at FC United vs Rochdale: FCUM only had an allocation of about 2000 tickets but they sung the house down. It's not just singing, though. The banners are brilliant (though allegedly not prize winning) :P , and the confetti was a good idea last season - it worked well. I think at the end of the day, we're going to be relying on a tiny budget from CUFC (no disrespect to them) for advertising and promotion, and I'd say most of that goes into print?
Maybe a few people should start ringing up 104.7/106.3/666am and get on the case? Get the word out their again. At the end of the day, this league isn't going to sell itself.
CUFC

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 pm
Joey47 wrote:We are a bit disappointed with Canberra United, that they don't encourage us handing out flyers at the game, and that they don't even encourage the Capital Punishment army. Something like running a story on their website, or via the Canberra Times.

Hi all,

Have you tried contacting Canberra United? We have had no e-mails from any of the amy asking for promotion or encouragement. The last time someone asked, CUFC were all for you having a trophy made up for the end of season awards. All it needs sometimes is a request. We are open to any ideas for promoting the game and getting crowds into grounds. Simply e-mail Media & PR Manager, Russ Gibbs, with your suggestions and we'll see what we can do in response.

PS Is there any movement on the trophy front? You could try Capital Trophies and Sportswear (a Canberra United sponsor), tell them who you are and what it's for an they may do you a deal?
CUFC

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:09 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:I think at the end of the day, we're going to be relying on a tiny budget from CUFC (no disrespect to them) for advertising and promotion, and I'd say most of that goes into print? Maybe a few people should start ringing up 104.7/106.3/666am and get on the case? Get the word out their again. At the end of the day, this league isn't going to sell itself.

Hi efcmetro1978,

CUFC promotes matches through advertising in the Canberra Times (Friday and Saturday in the Sports section), advertising promos on 104.7 (Thursday to Saturday prior to matches), our official website and the C U in GREEN online fanzine which is distributed to thousands of registered football players, officials and parents throughout Canberra. The club also holds a regular press session which gets attended by Canberra Tims, ABC Radio and WIN TV, 104.7 also regularly rings for interviews as well as miscellaneous promotion in magazines such as Canberra Weekly, Move Sports, Marie Claire (yes, really!) and various other sources.

We are however keen to hear of any other potential areas we can promote matches as we, like yourselves, are ken for large crowds to attend the matches. Contact our Media Manager at media@capitalfootball.com.au with your ideas and suggestions. It makes for a better spectacle and encourages the players to perform. We do have the best average crowd in the entire league (in each of the three years since its inception) but are always wanting more through the gate!

Thanks for your interest in United and keep upn the positive postings.
jimmymerkin

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:09 pm
Hey guys, like CUFC says if you email Ross he is always open to hearing your ideas. I'm working on a song at the moment that i will be sending him soon, I'm hoping they can use it in ads and at the games :)

But having 800 is actually pretty good, look at some of the aleague crowds, especially on the gc! For an amateur womens team in their 3rd season in a town thats known for not supporting teams unless they're winning its not bad at all!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum