A forum for Canberra United supporters to discuss all things football in Canberra

We want you to join the Capital Punishment army on the hill side of McKellar Park, at each and every Canberra United match.
The forum has undergone a revolution... so register and voice your opinion regarding everything football in Canberra.

Wheres Ivan?????????????

spathi
    Ben Williams

Other football teams : Liverpool, Barcelona

Wheres Ivan?????????????

Post by spathi on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 am

What the hell has happened to our bid. Ivan seems to be asleep at the wheel right now. I can understand that he got a good old kick in the teeth by the FFA when they handed a now defunct license to western sydney which had no where near the support that the A league4Canberra bid had but,,,, we need to be out there showing FFA that Canberra DESERVES A TEAM. We need to making noise about this, we cant just go into hibernation and wait for when FFA decide to ask for proposals.

Ivan please, get back on your horse mate. Lets not sit on our hands, LETS MAKE A LOT OF NOISE. Pray cmon
    Chris1822
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Re: Wheres Ivan?????????????

Post by Chris1822 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:14 am

100% agree, but how? what could ivan be doing to resurrect the bid?

Foundation member #869
    spathi
    Ben Williams

Post by spathi on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:13 am

Well first of all the Aleague4Canberra site can get back online. Ivan should get onto the radio stations regularly and generate more interest, the Canberra Times can also be used for this purpose as can WIN television.
    Keep pushing our case to FFA so they know that we are not sitting on our backsides waiting for something to happen. Ask Andrew Barr why he cant put $2.6 million a year towards football in Canberra considering that it is the most played sport in the region, but he can for AFL?
    A more pro active approach is what we need. Just waiting around for FFA to tell us that we wont be getting a team by 2012/2013 season so that the membership monies are returned is not good enough.

BTW what happens to the interest accrued on this money?

Im sure there are many more things that can be done so please please please Ivan dont give up on the bid
    Chris1822
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Post by Chris1822 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:09 am

i agree in sentiment with what you're saying but who's to say that ivan hasn't been already told by the FFA that they aren't going to pursue expansion until at least 2012?

The common thread though here is the lack of transparency between fans and higher authorities (ffa, canberra a-league bid).

I'd love some sort of update from Ivan, keep us faithful supporters at least in the know.

Foundation member #869
    Macas
    Ben Williams

Other football teams : Bolton Wanderers, Celtic

Post by Macas on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:00 am

This might sound ridiculous but what we could do is actually show our support in a demonstration/protest or have banners saying ALeague4Canberra at other sports codes like at raiders or brumbies matches. We could demonstrate and try to get a segment on the local news to show the ACT government, Ivan and FFA that there is support in canberra.
    as spathi said we need to make some noise. If Ivan won't make the noise for us, then we should make some noise ourselves.
    spathi
    Ben Williams

Post by spathi on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:03 am

Doesnt sound ridiculous at all Macas.
    Macas
    Ben Williams

Post by Macas on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:02 am

Why dont we do that then. maybe on the first home raiders game of the season, some of the forum members can hang a banner off the grand stand or hold one up during the game. foxsports covers all nrl matches so it would be on national tv. the way we could set this up is buy starting a new topic and getting a list of a group of people to go to the match and advertise the support that we have here in canberra. then if that gets any attention we could start thinking about a demonstration at the next a league match to be hosted in canberra.
    spathi
    Ben Williams

Post by spathi on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:28 am

Ok. we need to get as many aleague4canberra supporters there as possible.
    Start a new topic Macas I will support you to the hilt, pm me if you like, but to do this we need 50/ 100 supporters to make some real noise.
    TheBigMan
    Carl Valeri

Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Post by TheBigMan on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:50 am

to answer your first question, "Where's Ivan?????????????"
    well im pretty sure he's like running a multi-millon dollar company called TransACT and he knows that there is no point restarting the bid if the ffa arent looking for a 12th team atm!
    spathi
    Ben Williams

Post by spathi on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks for your inspired wisdom big man. But if you dont want to jump on board just STFU.
    TheBigMan
    Carl Valeri

Post by TheBigMan on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:02 pm

um ok then, lets have a look at whos on the bandwagon ok, ive got 225 more posts on this forum than you do and ive been a member on this forum 5 months before you were so lets see whos on the bandwagon alright!
    spathi
    Ben Williams

Post by spathi on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Yep thats what we need guys like you that that have plenty of posts and been here for ages but are not prepared to support anyone trying to raise more awareness about our bid.

TheBigMan
    Carl Valeri

Post by TheBigMan on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:10 am

jus wondering have you paid $200 to be a member? did you go to those a-league games and the socceroos game in canberra to show the ffa that we meant business, i hope you say yes because mate im on the bandwagon for the team and always have been, but the ffa arent looking for a 12th team at this moment otherwise they wouldve told ivan slavich and he would already have the bid restarted!
    Macas
    Ben Williams

Post by Macas on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:24 am

this isnt about who is the most supportive of the bid. yes you did $200 to show you support but not all of us can do that. im only 15 and the money im making at the moment has to go towards my car, but when i get my car i will be able to go to all of the canberra games and support them my own way. eventually we will all be putting money in anyway for memberships and what not.
    JohnLovesCanberraUnited
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Post by JohnLovesCanberraUnited on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:16 am

^^

im 15 and i forked out $200, and your right macas, this isnt about the most supportive person! yes i understand where you are coming from spathi but as TheBigMan said, if there was a 12th position available im sure ivan would be all over it
    Joey47
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio

Post by Joey47 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:43 am

For Christ sake.

Who cares if someone has forked out $200 or not... Bigman and JLCU, do you actually believe this is the way on how to scale someone's passion for a team in Canberra? Do you also actually believe, that the way to scale someones desire for a team here is to judge by the amount of posts on the Capital Punishment Canberra football forum?

um ok then, lets have a look at whos on the bandwagon ok, ive got 225 more posts on this forum than you do and ive been a member on this forum 5 months before you were so lets see whos on the bandwagon alright!

Whoops

JohnLovesCanberraUnited
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Post by JohnLovesCanberraUnited on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:09 pm

woah, i never said anything about my passion for a team being more than someone elses because of forking out $200, i was just stating that that i had in response to macas, i never said that i was more passionate than the next guy!
    spathi
    Ben Williams

Post by spathi on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 pm

JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:^^

im 15 and i forked out $200, and your right macas, this isnt about the most supportive person! yes i understand where you are coming from spathi but as TheBigMan said, if there was a 12th position available im sure ivan would be all over it

Personally I think the more noise we make the more FFA will listen. Lets be proactive instead of reactive. And yes I am a paid up ( $200 ) member.
    Macas
    Ben Williams

Post by Macas on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:34 am

guys we should probably get back to organising a support day at a raiders game.
    thom_canberra
    Carl Valeri

Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Post by thom_canberra on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:19 am

Did anyone see that article in Canberra Times on the weekend talking about the Canberra bid and how Ivan has been talking to the FFA recently.

I cant find it on the CTimes website, it is really hopeless for all the A-League news, particularly about the Canberra bid.
    spathi
    Ben Williams

Post by spathi on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:49 am

thom_canberra wrote:Did anyone see that article in Canberra Times on the weekend talking about the Canberra bid and how Ivan has been talking to the FFA recently.

I cant find it on the CTimes website, it is really hopeless for all the A-League news, particularly about the Canberra bid.

Damm i missed it, can you tell us what was said?
    Joey47
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio

Post by Joey47 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 am

thom_canberra wrote:Did anyone see that article in Canberra Times on the weekend talking about the Canberra bid and how Ivan has been talking to the FFA recently.

Are you kidding?

It was great news if anything. Basically what was said, is that the FFA have re-assured that Canberra is on the agenda, and will be looked at once everything is stable, and most likely a Western Sydney side is up and running.

What were we actually expecting? Are we still holding out hope that we will be included into the A-League in the next year or two? Of course the FFA aren't going to rush into any expansion at present. It'd be absolutely foolish to do so.

spathi
    Ben Williams

Post by spathi on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:30 am

We should still stay on the front foot and keep making the right noises.
    thom_canberra
    Carl Valeri

Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Post by thom_canberra on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:54 am

^^ Joey47

Im not saying the article was bad- just that the Canberra Times has poor coverage of A-League news and that I can never find the articles in the paper on the website...

I will write it up if iv still got the paper, the article really was quite positive...

It was saying that its more a question of when, not if we get a team.
    And they weren't talking of any stupid idea to merge us with a western Sydney club.

And why would it be so unrealistic if we were included in season 2012/13 ?? If anyone is getting a team then, it will be us
    Macas
    Ben Williams

Post by Macas on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:16 am

That Great News

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 pm