A forum for Canberra United supporters to discuss all things football in Canberra

We want you to join the Capital Punishment army on the hill side of McKellar Park, at each and every Canberra United match.
The forum has undergone a revolution... so register and voice your opinion regarding everything football in Canberra.

Fury out of the 2011/12 Hyundai A-League

CUNITED

Fury out of the 2011/12 Hyundai A-League

Post by CUNITED on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:00 am

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/2009InsideFFA/default.aspx?s=insideffa_newsfeatures_newsitem_new&id=39165

Sad news for Fury fans, but wondering/hoping this will reignite the push for Canberra.
    pete
    Ned Zelic

Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Re: Fury out of the 2011/12 Hyundai A-League

Post by pete on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:49 am

Yes it is sad news for the Fury. Will be interesting to see what the FFA's next move is. I have got a feeling it will stay 10 teams for a couple of seasons before they attempt to bring West Sydney and hopefully us in (although there has been past bid interest from Wollongong, Tassie and even Geelong)

Buckley did say Canberra was next in line after West Sydney so we'll see what happens...
    Toby
    Ivan Slavich

Post by Toby on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Canberra will only be next (after Western Sydney) as long as we are economically viable.
    JohnLovesCanberraUnited
    Ivan Slavich

Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Post by JohnLovesCanberraUnited on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:05 am

i know that this is a late reply but i still think the Fury being kicked out of the a-laegue wont help the canberra/WS/tassie/south coast bids at all and will actually hinder them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 pm