A forum for Canberra United supporters to discuss all things football in Canberra

We want you to join the Capital Punishment army on the hill side of McKellar Park, at each and every Canberra United match.
The forum has undergone a revolution... so register and voice your opinion regarding everything football in Canberra.

Do you think the Danish football club was right to fire their goalie over a book?

stellarose

Do you think the Danish football club was right to fire their goalie over a book?

Post by stellarose on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 am

If you think about it, the comments that were made in that book sounds pretty damning. I compare the remarks to what former basketball player Tim Hardaway said following the coming-out of another former player John Amaechi. This is what Hardaway said when asked how he would deal with a gay teammate.

"First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room."

I think the firing of goalkeeper Arek Oryszko is the Danish football club's way of sending a message that homophobia has no place anywhere in the world.
    Does this mean Oryszko will ever play soccer again? I think there'll be another opportunity for him to redeem himself. I'm sure there are other clubs that might want him.

MySpace Layouts

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:52 pm