Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Moving forward Empty Moving forward

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:49 pm
I have an inkling ffa aren't gonna want another licence to crumble so I can't see Wellington folding. If they did too, it'd certainly draw to a close Australia's foray into nz for footballing teams. Do we think ffa will be happy to close the door on nz? Especially if we are soon ushering in a second div, obviously we'll need to be looking into different markets- npl or not.

Whilst if it means Canberra getting a team, I'll be happy about it, I'm not as certain as everyone we can bank on it. I think we'll enter the league in 2020 or 2021 regardless of Wellington. I saw a post on twitter the other day of the bis team saying something similar.

What do we all think moving forward? FFA are talking progressively, so I hope regardless of the Phoenix situation we'll be in the league shortly.
DrFutebol

Moving forward Empty Re: Moving forward

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:38 pm
Rumours are rumours... and then there are football rumours. Writing on the wall for Wellington certainly and logic would dictate that this would open up a spot that should naturally fall to a bid like Canberra but then again... that's football as we have just witness with the latest round of 'expansion'
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:39 pm
The forum lives! Hopefully it's the rebirth of a continuously active forum.

What do wellington offer the league though, golden? Surely holding back an Australian licence at the expense of floundering crowds, poor tv rates, poor results and no positive future outlook has to factor into ffa's mind?
I'm sensing Wellington will have to drop out sooner rather than later, they only scraped in the last time the licence was up for renewal and they have not improved one iota since. Only gone backwards really. Why should ffa care about nz football too.

Canberra to come in 2020/21 with Wellington dropping out to make 12 teams. Brisbane 2 and Team 11 or a Tassie bid to bring league to 14 soon thereafter
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum