Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foundation Membership Count

+7
Toby
thom_canberra
GloryPerth
Joey47
the head
arinceo
Chris1822
11 posters
Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Foundation Membership Count Empty Foundation Membership Count

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:36 pm
so far after all those corporate members and stuff we've got 1723
and as for the pledges, they haven't updated it since before the socceroos match in canberra where they got a lot of pledges. come to think of it there hasn't been anything new on the aleague4canberra website since march 7th. a little worrying maybe slavich has been given the word from the FFA to give up.
arinceo
arinceo

Foundation Membership Count Empty Re: Foundation Membership Count

Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:02 pm
I don't really know what has happened, hopefully they can resurrect the member/supporter drive in the coming weeks.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:39 pm
arinceo wrote:I don't really know what has happened, hopefully they can resurrect the member/supporter drive in the coming weeks.

apparently the website man has been sick.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:18 pm
1723? It's actually more than I thought we'd get for a team that doesn't exist yet. Always thought 5000 was a massive pie in the sky..... but I suppose if you don't aim high you get nowhere.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:59 pm
i think 5000 was the long term aim, like post being accepted and stuff.
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:15 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:i think 5000 was the long term aim, like post being accepted and stuff.

Oh OK. I thought we were aiming for 5000 upfront as Ivan said he wanted to Raise $1,000,000 from the community to support the bid.

I'm happy to be wrong.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:42 am
the number at the top of the screen is wrong, the real number is 1994.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth

Wed May 20, 2009 6:39 pm
Hi,

A well wishing A-League fan here. I've visited the site in recent times and have indeed noticed what you guys speak about. The current member count did climb slowly, a little more, to 2005, but has essentially stagnated again. But the website has shown some life recently, in updating their news with an article from Matthew Hall of the SMH, two days ago. But that's about it.

Surely the progress of the bid has not stagnated to this degree. I can understand if there is some 'lag' between ongoing events/progress and reflecting that news on the website. One can expect some slowdown, especially with the wider economy and maybe a post Socceroos match lull, but news of the bid crashed from a reasonably steady stream to a halt, after that match. I see someone said the guy was sick, but that was a while ago. And surely if he is unable to do it, then others can? Shouldn't be left to one guy anyway.

I hear the bid has travelled to all sorts of regions, in the ACT and in the surrounding southern NSW region. And surely, due to that ACQ fixture, your bid received a bit more of a bump up in terms of pledges and foundation members, too. I'd expect that you'd have atleast a couple thousand more pledges and maybe 100 more or so foundation members?

The 'list of current foundation members' on the site is weird as it had alot of individuals, as you'd expect, then a whole swathe of corporates, then only a few individuals again. I'd expect a few more individuals would've signed up as foundation members, within the past 2-3 months, despite the wider economic doom and gloom.
Joey47
Joey47

Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 pm
GloryPerth wrote:Hi,

A well wishing A-League fan here. I've visited the site in recent times and have indeed noticed what you guys speak about. The current member count did climb slowly, a little more, to 2005, but has essentially stagnated again. But the website has shown some life recently, in updating their news with an article from Matthew Hall of the SMH, two days ago. But that's about it.

Surely the progress of the bid has not stagnated to this degree. I can understand if there is some 'lag' between ongoing events/progress and reflecting that news on the website. One can expect some slowdown, especially with the wider economy and maybe a post Socceroos match lull, but news of the bid crashed from a reasonably steady stream to a halt, after that match. I see someone said the guy was sick, but that was a while ago. And surely if he is unable to do it, then others can? Shouldn't be left to one guy anyway.

I hear the bid has travelled to all sorts of regions, in the ACT and in the surrounding southern NSW region. And surely, due to that ACQ fixture, your bid received a bit more of a bump up in terms of pledges and foundation members, too. I'd expect that you'd have atleast a couple thousand more pledges and maybe 100 more or so foundation members?

The 'list of current foundation members' on the site is weird as it had alot of individuals, as you'd expect, then a whole swathe of corporates, then only a few individuals again. I'd expect a few more individuals would've signed up as foundation members, within the past 2-3 months, despite the wider economic doom and gloom.

Welcome to the forum GloryPerth, i have been contacting Eamonnn Flanagan latley and has said that the website has slowed down but that doesn't mean the bid has slowed down.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth

Wed May 20, 2009 9:03 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:Welcome to the forum GloryPerth, i have been contacting Eamonnn Flanagan latley and has said that the website has slowed down but that doesn't mean the bid has slowed down.

Thanks Proud2BeCanberran. Let's hope that it is upgraded in the near future, that it will reflect closer to whatever gains HAVE been made, these past few months - even if that information is not up-to-the-minute accurate, it will still show to people, the positive progress being made.

Gee I remember visiting the site fairly regularly back late last year, very early this year and noticing the Foundation Members List literally growing by, 1-3 nearly every second day and 7-10 pretty much every week. Now that was impressive. :o

I guess we can't expect that of this Flanagan guy now, but maybe the additions could come in lump sums, like blocks of 10 or 20, not unlike how the corporate foundation members were added, but in smaller amounts.

It might come across as superficial, even trivial, but in this 'bidding campaign' it can all was a positive publicity, propaganda if you will. If people see there's still activity, whether it's a true representation or not quite fully, they will see things are still progressing/positive. All sorts of people, including from the media, often throw up the figures they see on that site, when discussing Canberra's bid, so it can be important to have those figures as high as possible, within truth, so not exaggerating them ofcourse.

It all contributes to the cause. It might help as a snowball effect too, if people from the region see more fans are still joining then they too may join too.

Also there can be the perception that things have 'peaked' somewhat or reached their limit - that there are few if any more, around the ACT wishing to be Foundation Members or who would want to sign the pledge. This is far from true in either case ofcourse. But this is what can be perceived.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Wed May 20, 2009 10:56 pm
Yes I think that when the Canberra bid gets the go ahead, (which it will) the remaining foundation membership spots will sell out really really quick -
and I also think it would be much more reputable to have the foundation membership before the team is anoounced rather than after, because it is more like you helped the team get a spot and you are responsible for the successful bid, even though you have to put the money away on good faith.
Toby
Toby

Sat May 23, 2009 12:37 pm
I was running around with Eamonn towards the end of last year doing signature collections down in Canberra Center and the AIS. Since, I have moved overseas for the year and Eamonn has informed me that he is ill, however it shouldn't stop any of you guys who want to do it to go ahead and gather some more signatures or promote the bid.
Expedite

Sat May 23, 2009 7:29 pm
I managed to get membership at #110 been badgering the crap out of everyone i know to sign up as well as annoying work colleagues. :)
arinceo
arinceo

Sun May 24, 2009 1:26 pm
Unfortunately I don't have the spare cash for a foundation membership and I'm not currently able to help increase the number of members (still living on the Coast); but I would be happy with 2,500 by the end of August.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:00 am
up to 2003 foundation members now, great work guys.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:42 am
I think its less than that bcause the website counts the corporate members,
Do they count, its really wierd how the list works
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:50 pm
well in the newsletter sent out by ivan slavich he said that there are 1730 members but i counted them on the foundation membership count thing and there were 2003.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:50 pm
half of the members are business' like Maccas and ActewAGL
GloryPerth
GloryPerth

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:42 am
It's interesting to see in the past month, not long after I asked here, the individual members being added to the list are ticking over again, maybe one being added every second day or something like that.

The site's list literally stopped dead for a good solid 2 months or roughly not long after you guys hosted Kuwait. I know the webmaster was away for a period but I'm wondering, now he or someone appears to be back, if there was a bit of a backlog over this period? As I'd doubt the bid's progress in regards to foundation members stopped over that period and I also wondering if leading up to or surrounding the Kuwait fixture, if there might've been a slight surge, due to the publicity and campaign/leaflets handed to the crowd, at the match?

It's great to see it ticking over again, but surely you guys have more, as that 1700/2000 figure is what you had around that Kuwait match and it's only just started growing again a few weeks ago. Going by the previous rate of growth, pre-corporates being added, I'd expect another 100 or so on the list, so 2200 or something like that, now. But maybe things did slowly markedly, after that Kuwait match? Maybe the A-League Socceroo's loss was a dent in the campaign's momentum?
Thebid

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:40 pm
Pretty hard to sell 1,000 memberships when you are a small group of volunteers. So things slowed a while as you noticed, but we're close to 2,000.

But people have day jobs etc and it's tough gig for volunteers keeping the sales going for almost a year. Reckon they've done pretty well.

so if anyone can help, if anyone is a natural sales person, that would be awesome. Just fire up your friends and family and keep that number ticking along. www.a-league4canberra.com.au and they can sign-up online or at any Service One Members Branch.
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:46 pm
^^^^

Based on your posts Thebid, you know quite a bit about the bid. And apparently Slavich met with FFA officials yesterday. Any news?
Thebid

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:56 pm
Dunno but rumours abound, as of last night, that none of the Western Sydney bids have any money at this stage.
And Buckle-up Ben mentioned the Canberra bid as being the best they've seen and noted the ACT Government support.

This support alone puts us ahead of the so-called Western Sydney bids.
And with all Western Sydney bids expected to meet last week with the FFA I'd have expected some "noise" by now.

Interesting times for Canberra
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:23 pm
^^^^

surely the FFA will get to the point where they just tell the western sydney bids, we can't wait any longer, we've given you as much time as we can, you guys haven't got your act together, you've blown it, we're giving it to canberra.
Toby
Toby

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:43 pm
If they do... they haven't ruled out just 11 teams participating..
Joey47
Joey47

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:09 pm
Update

2075 Foundation Members
Sponsored content