Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Raider_United
Raider_United

Crowds affecting Canberra entry into the A-League? Empty Crowds affecting Canberra entry into the A-League?

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:38 pm
It is well documented that the crowds in the first two A-League rounds have been quite appalling. Will this affect the prospects of the FFA giving us the licence. It has been pretty bad, and most of the criticism is being pointed at North QLD and Gold Coast. We know that the Canberra public are quite fickle, so will the poor crowds of the 2 latest A-League inclusions affect our chances?
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Crowds affecting Canberra entry into the A-League? Empty Re: Crowds affecting Canberra entry into the A-League?

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:11 pm
i think it might affect us a little... but i dont think the FFA are too focused on the fact that Canberran's are fickle... they're more interested in the business side of things
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Crowds affecting Canberra entry into the A-League? Empty Re: Crowds affecting Canberra entry into the A-League?

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:18 pm
this may be the case, with two regional teamscoming in this year and getting poor crowds so far they're probably thinking twice about another regional team however IMO they should bring in a city team along with a regional team ie:

2010-11:melbourne team, canberra.
2011-2012:western sydney, tasmania.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:24 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:

2010-11:melbourne team, canberra.
2011-2012:western sydney, tasmania.

more like western sydney, south coast
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:04 am
This is a very valid point Raider_United and well done for brining it up. clap

I think this will effect our chances of entry TBH.
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 pm
Hmmm

valid point Raider_United and I haven't really thought about it.

The more think of it the more I get worried. Doubt
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 pm
Sure but I reckon we could do well 14K-16K. We can't underestimate ourselves.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:26 pm
Yes I have to disagree with you "RaiderUnited" as Townsville is a huge rugby league town and I really didn't think they were that into football up there,
Canberra on the other hand has a huge supporters base for football with a successful Canberra Premier League. I really don't think Townsville should have got a team so early, maybe in a few years time.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:42 pm
thom_canberra wrote:Yes I have to disagree with you "RaiderUnited" as Townsville is a huge rugby league town and I really didn't think they were that into football up there,
Canberra on the other hand has a huge supporters base for football with a successful Canberra Premier League. I really don't think Townsville should have got a team so early, maybe in a few years time.

And after seeing this crowd that they have come up with today for the Melbourne game, has just made this decision look very bad. They can't even fill up the lower section of the east side let alone the top.

But what raider_united, is saying is that Townsville and Gold Coast are not beg populated cities, so by going to a bigger populated city eg. sydney and melbourne, this will prbably not be the case.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 pm
Well Canberra has more than double Townsville's population so I think we should have been chosen ahead of them.

Gold Coast has a pretty decent population so they should be able to sustain good crowds- which they haven't been doing so far but yea, overall dissapointing crowds for GC & NQF but I still don't think it will affect Canberra's chances of great crowds.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:45 pm
Yeah what a stupid desicion giving North Queensland the nod.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum