Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elyse Perry

+6
efcmetro1878
United On The Gong
footballfan
mikey_porto
Admin_Capital Punishment
Nonno Gomes
10 posters
Go down
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Elyse Perry Empty Elyse Perry

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:36 pm
I am the first to jump to her defence when faced with critics. But i have to question her commitment of playing for her club cricket side over her club football side. surely a season on the line is worth more than the opening rounds of the cricket season. if it were for australia that is another matter.
Admin_Capital Punishment
Admin_Capital Punishment
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net

Elyse Perry Empty Re: Elyse Perry

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:58 pm
What is going on with her? Is she going one game football the other game cricket? What is happening?
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 pm
I agree Nonno Gomes. IMO, that game against Brisbane has put to bed any hopes of Canberra United making the finals, and I am pretty sure that if we had Perry and Van Egmond, even just one of them, it could've been 4-2.
footballfan

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:52 am
just read in the paper today that she is going to be unavailable for another game due to cricket. This shows a total lack of commitment and she should be sacked. The other girls train day after day and all have made big sacrifices to be in the team why should she just waltz in when she feels like it to play and take their place. She is not that good. Cian did a great job on the weekend on the right. We don't need her.
United On The Gong
United On The Gong

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:30 pm
footballfan wrote:just read in the paper today that she is going to be unavailable for another game due to cricket. This shows a total lack of commitment and she should be sacked. The other girls train day after day and all have made big sacrifices to be in the team why should she just waltz in when she feels like it to play and take their place. She is not that good. Cian did a great job on the weekend on the right. We don't need her.

Certainly would not say that. I read a while back, this topic of discussion was in another thread. She is only 18 years of age, and she cannot make her mind up of what she wants to do in the future. If she was older, say 24, then OK she definitely hasn't showed commitment, but she should be commended that she has to juggle these two sports.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:21 pm
Gong's right- she shouldn't be expected to put all her eggs into one basket just yet. Look at Shane Warne (figuratively, don't actually look.) - he played AFL and cricket at the same time. Ray Lindwall played for St George in the league and cricket and performed in both.
The thing that annoys me most is that she hasn't put the club who is paying her first. I feel she should complete the season then go and play cricket for whoever. The other thing I don't get is why isn't she playing for the ACT team?
footballfan

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 pm
doesn't matter she is 18. There are other girls in that team the same age or younger who have made the decisino and the COMMITMENT!! She is old enough to know that her dithering about is unfair to both of hte teams she plays in.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:18 pm
footballfan wrote:doesn't matter she is 18. There are other girls in that team the same age or younger who have made the decisino and the COMMITMENT!! She is old enough to know that her dithering about is unfair to both of hte teams she plays in.

Mate, I am shocked in your earlier your post that you do not rate Perry. She is one of the best young football players in the country ATM. I agree with UOTG. It is obvious that she is a special talent in both sports, and for the moment she should be given the luxury of juggling the two sports. I am sure Womens football in Australia do not want to lose one of their youngest, most promosing players.
footballfan

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:06 am
SHe has to make a decision. not fair on her teammates who havebeen in similar positinos and made a commitment. I still don't think she is good enough to keep her on unless she makes a commitment to one team or the other.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:29 pm
@football fan,

i don't think that we are at a professional enough level to not play one of our best players just because they are playing another sport.

i can see where you're coming from and i agree it's a little harsh on the other players who train every day but not playing her is a bit too far IMO.
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:44 pm
I agree with the general concensous here. Ellyse Perry is too good to lose her to cricket and IMo is a vital member tothe team.

BTW, Schimch, get rid of your signature. Firstly it is massive and secondly, you should really watch what you say on these forums- especially racism.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:15 pm
I agree with the general consensus here. Perry is still a teenager, still at school, still a semi-professional cricket player, still a semi-professional football player. I know it would be a hassle for the other girls and coaching staff, but you have to give her a few concessions.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum