Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
cunitfan

Melbourne Game Empty Melbourne Game

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:37 am
Did anyone see the Melbourne game on Saturday? I saw it was a loss, but how did Canberra play?

I saw that Elysse Perry dumped Canberra United again. As a player she was no great loss, but the disruption she causes by coming in and out of the team is bad for the team. She really shouldn't be so selfish and make her mind up who she is going to play for and make a commitment like all the other players have. She is
not that good.

I would be pleased to hear about the game as I missed it.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Melbourne Game Empty Re: Melbourne Game

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 am
i didn't watch it either as i was out.

Really disappointing result though, I was really hoping for a home semi this year but I guess we'll have to settle for a mere top 4 spot.
cunitfan

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:55 am
Yeah, I was disappointed too. THey should have won that game against Melbourne. Sounds like they played a pretty scrappy game.
Roundball

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 am
Woeful game - what are these decisions? How has the team that looked "best on paper"playing worst on field? The coach needs to be accountable.

Last edited by Roundball on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Canberra Fan

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 am
Cunitfan... I did watch the game..... if you had, you would realise the gaping hole left by Elyse Perry not being on the park!! It's a sad, sad situation when you have a player so obviously talented in not one, but two sports being trashed by idiots like you!! Wake up and support the team!
cunitfan

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:25 am
Canberra Fan, that is exactly what I am doing. Supporting the TEAM - not selfish individuals like Perry who are unreliable. Most of those girls would be good enough to play two sports like her, but have made a commitment to one so as not to be so selfish. Her disruption to the team is what I am talking about. She is playing cricket again this weekend so I suppose she won't be playing soccer, but then when she wants to she will come back and expect a place in the team even though she doesn't train and doesn't play and another girl, who works very hard for their place, will not a get a game. It is selfish and unfair. it does nothing to suport the TEAM, which i am fully supportive of.
Canberra Fan

Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:12 pm
She gets picked to play by the coach obviously because she is BETTER!! Yes... we will miss her again next weekend against Sydney.... Bummer for us!!
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:07 pm
what do you suggest we do cunitfan? sack her? refuse her a spot in the starting team?

I think it is quite clear that she is our best right back even without any training TBH. So if you want the team to play to their full potential then surely we have to bend over even in this awkard situation.

TBH this is the top flight of women's football in this country, there shouldn't be any sympathy selections nor do i expect to see any.
cunitfan

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:40 pm
Yes, refuse her a spot in the team til she can commit properly. She is not that good that she can be so disruptive. Another player who gets to consistently play each week will easily handle the position. It is the disruption to the team that I am concerned about. I know her cricket team mates feel the same way that she is disruptive and . Given her performance at cricket lately she would have been better off playing football anyway.
Canberra Fan

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:24 pm
blah, blah, blah..... broken record cunitfan.... boo hoo... if she wasn't good enough to be "disruptive" as you call it.. she wouldn't be picked.... wake up loser! Hopefully EP is available for our next home game against Perth!! we could sure use her against their strikeforce!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum