Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

What concerns me... Empty What concerns me...

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Is that if we don't get the next spot, the support for the bid will die down, with people wanting their money back and then us starting from scratch again. ANd then of course there is a VERY strong possibility that the bid investors will back out.

I hope that if we do stumble at the last hurdle, that we don't have to start from scratch and that Slavich just builds on what has been successfully done so far.

That is why the FFA should give us the spot now. They realise that our bid is so strong and that things COULD go a bit backwards so they should just give it to us now and don't risk anything.
Galileo
Galileo

What concerns me... Empty Re: What concerns me...

Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:23 pm
This has been also playing on my mind for a long time and it is something that concerns me.... so which leads me onto say why not expand to 13 teams? If Canberra is "the best bid they have ever seen" then surely they cannot reject us... I actually cannot see how they can. Then if they want WS in the comp as well then they can have them. A bye??? meh who cares a bye is good isn't it?
Toby
Toby

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:24 pm
Good point and both of you are correct. However if I recall correctly the money towards the bid also includes the possibility of 2011 and 2012 though I could be wrong. If the bid fails and the money is given back to its owners then Canberra will have failed and nothing will happen for many years.. let us hope we aren't facing this dilemma. With WS this problem does not exist as they have no local money given towards the bid.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:52 pm
more reason to win the bid!!!
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:08 am
On one of these flyers I saw it said that if the bid is unsuccessful, then the foundation members money will be refunded. Which is also investors money. So yes you are right P2BC, is of concern.

The FFA would be fools not to accept us.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:30 pm
yeah just thinking abuot it that would be a problem, if we fail now we'll have to start nearly from scratch again unless slavich just says we'll keep the money and go for next year i'm sure people will be understanding.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:10 am
Yep, this has concerned a massive deal. I really hope that a) We do succeed and b) if we don't build on the bid.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum