Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Expedite

Van Egmond to AIS - Anything to be read in to it? Empty Van Egmond to AIS - Anything to be read in to it?

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:41 pm
Interesting article about Van Egmond to the AIS and Nortcastle not being to happy about it. Thinking this could be interesting in relation to our bid or am i reading to much in to this one?

http://abc.com.au/news/stories/2009/06/30/2612308.htm

(didn't post the full article as i am not sure on the protocol on these forums for that)
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Van Egmond to AIS - Anything to be read in to it? Empty Re: Van Egmond to AIS - Anything to be read in to it?

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:00 pm
yeah i think it is pretty interesting that one of the western sydney bids were lining him up, perhaps an indication that they've been told to start looking for a coach, on the other hand maybe that particular western sydney bid just wanted a coach so as to give them the upper hand over the other western sydney bids, to look more advanced.

IMO ivan slavich should've done this already, lined up a foreign coach, then definately we would've gotten that 12th spot already.

and as for posting the full article, just do it, we don't mind, it's easier.
Toby
Toby

Van Egmond to AIS - Anything to be read in to it? Empty Re: Van Egmond to AIS - Anything to be read in to it?

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:30 pm
n what could be the biggest recruitment coup in the A-League’s short history, Colombian World Cup hero Carlos Valderrama has announced his interest in coaching Newcastle Jets.

* Culina reluctant to coach Jets
* Jets boss blasts FFA
* Van Egmond quits Jets

The shock development comes as The World Game understands Jets owner and chairman Con Constantine is considering returning the club’s A-League licence after former coach Gary van Egmond was poached by the Australian Institute of Sport.

But global heavyweight Valderrama’s interest in the vacant Jets position has the potential to rekindle Constantine’s interest in the local league, with the three-time World Cup legend’s myriad international connections opening the Jets up to the world.

The middle-man between the Jets and the former Colombia captain is former Socceroo Andy Bernal who was David Beckham’s personal assistant during the football superstar’s time at Real Madrid and signed Socceroo Tim Cahill to the prestigious SFX sports agency that brokered the midfielder’s move from Millwall to Everton.

Bernal, who has alerted the Jets to Valderrama’s availability, has extensive connections throughout South America and acted as Guus Hiddink’s scout in the region as Australia prepared for its World Cup qualifying play-off in 2005.

“I have spoken with Carlos and he is genuinely interested and he is genuinely obtainable,” Bernal said.

“It is not about money for him - it is about lifestyle. Even though he has huge status around the world he is one of the most humble and genuine people I have ever met. He is laid back and is from the Caribbean side of Colombia. He is realistic about the A-League and would fit Newcastle perfectly.”

Bernal also said Valderrama could play a key role in Australia’s bid for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups.

“I am sure Frank Lowy would love to have someone like Carlos on our side, a South American legend working as an ambassador to get Australia some South American votes. Maybe the FFA could calm Con Constantine down by offering to pay some of his wages,” he said.

The 47-year-old, known as “El Pibe“, captained Colombia at the 1990, 1994, and 1998 FIFA World Cups.

He played club football in Colombia, France, and Spain, as well as in Major League Soccer in the United States where he was one of the league’s most popular players.

In 2004, he was listed in FIFA’s 125 Top Players of All Time.

“If nothing else, the sales of Carlos wigs in the Newcastle region would go crazy,” Bernal joked. “We would even have surfers wearing wigs out in the water.”
Toby
Toby

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:31 pm
link - www.theworldgame.com.au

That guy has an amazing hair style!
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:19 pm
^^^

oh well, Guess we will have to settle for the better Branko Culina. :roll:
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:50 pm
we won't get branko culina, hopefully we'll get a foreign coach.

what we really need is a rich backer ala clive palmer. can't the actewAGL owner fund it, they'd be rich wouldn't they?
Expedite

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:06 pm
Ill throw a couple of bucks in after i win 90 mill tonight. :p
Raider_United
Raider_United

Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:15 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:we won't get branko culina, hopefully we'll get a foreign coach.

what we really need is a rich backer ala clive palmer. can't the actewAGL owner fund it, they'd be rich wouldn't they?

I think P2BC was talking about Newcastle
Toby
Toby

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:59 pm
Yeah Branko now leads Newcastle! will be good to see him again!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:16 pm
Graham Arnold OUT! wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:we won't get branko culina, hopefully we'll get a foreign coach.

I think P2BC was talking about Newcastle

touchee, i figured it out when i was reading the con constantine topic.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:16 pm
Expedite wrote:Interesting article about Van Egmond to the AIS and Nortcastle not being to happy about it. Thinking this could be interesting in relation to our bid or am i reading to much in to this one?

Yea, I think you might be Expedite. lol

I'm not sure if he would like a new A-League gig TBH. I wouldn't mind him at Canberra.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum