Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, let me get this straight?

+7
Alex351
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Raider_United
Joey47
Toby
Chris1822
RealCanberra23
11 posters
Go down
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

So, let me get this straight? Empty So, let me get this straight?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:54 am
Is there a possibility that 2009/2010 could be Wellington's final year in the A-League, making room for both Canberra and Western Sydney?
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

So, let me get this straight? Empty Re: So, let me get this straight?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:26 am
^^
that's what the world game said in that article, whether it was a typo i don't know?
Toby
Toby

Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:20 pm
well yeah next season could be their last..
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:10 pm
Yea.... very slight possibility. If Canberra getting a team means Wellington being booted out, then so be it.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:22 pm
i'd take that anyday of the week.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:57 am
IMO, this would be the best scenario. face it, Western Sydney would be great for the league.. it is just whether they have their bid all secure, as would Canberra... we have "one of the best bids the FFA have ever seen". Are Wellington great for the league? maybe now but definitely not in the future. If the AFC and FIFA say that they will have to be ommited in 2011, then it is best if they get them removed now so it doesn't leave Canberra or Western Sydney with nothing, despite being all ready and secure.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:27 am
it would be great for OUR bid as the ffa prefer WS... but it wouldn't be great at a NZ football point of view
Toby
Toby

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:38 pm
I think looking at the bigger picture for football, it is better that NZ, Oceania and the AFC sort out Wellington's future. Canberra will get a team it's only a question of when..
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:38 pm
If we don't get the 12th spot i can't see us getting a team in the near future
Joey47
Joey47

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:43 pm
Alex351 wrote:If we don't get the 12th spot i can't see us getting a team in the near future

I think you could be proven wrong, Alex. Think about it, the FFA have publicly said that "we have the best bid they have ever seen". If we do get rejected, our bid could go south and become nothing, where all the money will go, sponsors and most importantly the support- I don't think the FFA would want that to happen and wouldn't be dumb enough. They might put us in a year after if we don't get the spot.
Galileo
Galileo

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:24 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Alex351 wrote:If we don't get the 12th spot i can't see us getting a team in the near future

I think you could be proven wrong, Alex. Think about it, the FFA have publicly said that "we have the best bid they have ever seen". If we do get rejected, our bid could go south and become nothing, where all the money will go, sponsors and most importantly the support- I don't think the FFA would want that to happen and wouldn't be dumb enough. They might put us in a year after if we don't get the spot.

Agree with you P2BC. great point which leads me to be very confident that in the near future Canberra will get a team
stevieg84lfc
stevieg84lfc
Other football teams : Liverpool, Liverpool Reserves, Liverpool Under 18's

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 pm
I think it is a good idea to get the Sheep Shaggers out as if they won the minor premiership or the a-league lol then they would not be able to play in asian Champions League
Toby
Toby

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:30 pm
stevieg84lfc wrote:I think it is a good idea to get the Sheep Shaggers out as if they won the minor premiership or the a-league lol then they would not be able to play in asian Champions League

That's if the AFC don't let them...
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:12 am
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

add on to that tasmania's will to get in to 2011-12.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:56 am
aleague4canberra wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

i think that Sth Coast bid is better than Tasmania's by a country mile... But I think that Alex is correct but also incorrect... i dont think we'll get a team the year straight after 2013... but i think we will have to wait a while for the team... 2020 at the latest... 2015 at the soonest...
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:25 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:

i think that Sth Coast bid is better than Tasmania's by a country mile... But I think that Alex is correct but also incorrect... i dont think we'll get a team the year straight after 2013... but i think we will have to wait a while for the team... 2020 at the latest... 2015 at the soonest...

Surprised 2015? Are you kidding? It will probably be 2012.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:10 pm
Surprised

BTW love this emoticon.
Expedite

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:47 am
Canberra Cannons got shafted to allow a NZ team into the old NBL, personally i have no problem seeing Wellington get shafted so we get an A-League team.

Harsh it may sound but the way the Cannons got treated and my involvement back then left a bitter twisted hatred for NZ sporting teams even greater than hating the All-Blacks.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:53 pm
all blacks... YUK... Rant
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:04 pm
Expedite wrote:Canberra Cannons got shafted to allow a NZ team into the old NBL, personally i have no problem seeing Wellington get shafted so we get an A-League team.

Harsh it may sound but the way the Cannons got treated and my involvement back then left a bitter twisted hatred for NZ sporting teams even greater than hating the All-Blacks.

fair logic, i don't think anyone on this forum would have a problem with that scenario.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:07 pm
Look, I think if Wellington got the kick it wouldn't be a disaster. They don't have a strong supporters base and TBH they are struggling a bit. So Canberra for Wellington.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:35 pm
People keep saying that it will be bad for NZ football if Wellington get kicked out,

but I think it will be better for their domestic competition if NZ focus all their efforts on one league completely instead of two leagues half heartedly.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum