Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Delayed Dozen! Empty Delayed Dozen!

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:58 pm
Delayed Dozen

This news is perhaps not a surprise, but there are many ways to read it.

It is no secret that the FFA favour a second Sydney team, and preferably as soon as possible, but they have probably been wise to keep the lid on it as yet. None of the bids on the table look at all convincing, and the more general problems of a second Sydney franchise are not to be trivialised.

From a more cynical viewpoint, you could say that the FFA are determined to ignore all other reasonable bids until Western Sydney, in whatever form, has gotten its act together. I'm referring, of course, to the Canberra bid, which should really be a shoe-in for the next franchise.

The community support for this bid is excellent, the proposed stadium is suitable, and the initial investment is virtually guaranteed. Perhaps most importantly of all, the Canberra team in the W-League has already given local administrators a small taste of the logistical issues involved.

Perhaps, despite the worrying lack of football knowledge at FFA HQ, the words Canberra Cosmos have been uttered once or twice in an unflattering context. Yes, it was basically a disaster, but those were different times. The more family-oriented ethos of the A-League would surely suit Canberra far better from a fans' perspective, for one thing.

So then, on the double-up issue: it will be interesting to see how the Melbourne Heart franchise fares. It's hard to build an "artificial" intra-city rivalry, and if the FFA are prepared to hold off on the Western Sydney option for a little while longer, they would at least have the chance to see how that particular dynamic will work in a similar-sized market.

In the meantime, the Canberra crew will continue lobbying, organising and hoping. In my view, they deserve better.

http://thefootballtragic.blogspot.com/2009/08/delayed-dozen.html
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Delayed Dozen! Empty Re: Delayed Dozen!

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:35 pm
really good article agree completely.

nothing new there really though.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:49 pm
I feel like sending that article to the FFA! Rant
Toby
Toby

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:37 pm
well ok maybe we have a bad rep with Canberra Cosmos but the FFA have gambled more then once (with Wellington and NQF so I don't think we are THAT much of a higher risk)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum