Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Shu O Teng, Ashleigh Sykes and Ellie Raymond- Up to the Chal Empty Shu O Teng, Ashleigh Sykes and Ellie Raymond- Up to the Challenge?

Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:53 pm
After reading that article about Ellie Raymond signing for United as a striker- it looks as though that is our recruiting finished for the season.

Shu O Teng, Ashleigh Sykes and Ellie Raymond, it looks as though are going to be our strikers for this year- and really is that good enough to mount a serious challenge for the title? I think not.

After seeing Sykes last year she was very average, and the other two just don't seem t have the experience.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Shu O Teng, Ashleigh Sykes and Ellie Raymond- Up to the Chal Empty Re: Shu O Teng, Ashleigh Sykes and Ellie Raymond- Up to the Chal

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:02 pm
i saw some footage of sykes from the game against MV last year and she went round the keeper and had an open goal but cleared the crossbar, lol.

as for raymond and shu o teng, well only time will tell because i haven't seen enough of them
Toby
Toby

Shu O Teng, Ashleigh Sykes and Ellie Raymond- Up to the Chal Empty Re: Shu O Teng, Ashleigh Sykes and Ellie Raymond- Up to the Chal

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:11 pm
how old are the three strikers?
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:19 pm
Toby wrote:how old are the three strikers?

I think Sykes is 17. Raymond is 16 and Sheng- I have no idea.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:02 pm
shu o teng won the best player at the womens U-19 world cup a couple of years ago which is awesome.

good signs, have a good feeling about this one.
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:07 am
^^^

That is good to hear. I still believe that we need that one more experienced striker. Sykes isn't up for it.
southside

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:39 am
'shu o teng won the best player at the womens U-19 world cup a couple of years ago which is awesome.'

Can't see where you got this from See FIFA site
http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=108/awards/index.html

2008 Sydney LEROUX (USA)
2006 MA Xiaoxu (CHN)
2004 MARTA (BRA)
2002 Christine SINCLAIR (CAN)
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:33 pm
^^^

Well that is good enough for me for who to decide should start up front. As for the other striker position, I'd go for Raymond. Really wasn't impressed from what I saw from A.Sykes.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:20 pm
i hope they're all up to it.... Sykes will probably struggle though
southside

Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:31 pm
Assuming we pick up Elyse Perry and Sally Shipard this season then I would scrap Sykes, put Perry and Shipard in the back line and shift Brush and Walters up front.
teddybear

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:37 am
Where did you get the idea we would get Shippard and Perry?
Thebid

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:33 am
Sykes is fine. She has pace to burn and gets into good positions. She single handedly created the goal against the Jets in the Semi-final last year and she's just 17!
Can you really write a player off at just 17.

Aloisi gets a game every week and what has he done in the last 3 years.

Surely you'd be expecting Sykes to go one better this year than last. Faster, stronger and with more experience. Sykes should be good for ten years. She'll keep improving made her mark last year and with support from the crowd will get better and better.
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:47 pm
Thebid wrote:Sykes is fine. She has pace to burn and gets into good positions. She single handedly created the goal against the Jets in the Semi-final last year and she's just 17!
Can you really write a player off at just 17.

Aloisi gets a game every week and what has he done in the last 3 years.

Surely you'd be expecting Sykes to go one better this year than last. Faster, stronger and with more experience. Sykes should be good for ten years. She'll keep improving made her mark last year and with support from the crowd will get better and better.

I'm willing to see her play with Canberra this year but I don't think she should be one of our starting strikers. Off the bench.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:49 pm
^^
yeah off the bench would give her the best opportunities to score, she doesn't have the skill to create chances of her own accord just yet so possibly off the back of mistakes from defenders?
thegezman
thegezman
Other football teams : Liverpool FC, Carlton FC (AFL)

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:14 pm
i like both the sykes girls. defenders hate them because of their pace.

bring ash on a super sub at about 60 min and get her to sit of the sholders of defenders ready fro a through ball.

one thing ive noticed in the womens game - with out trying to sound offencive - they really seem to struggle running out the last 30 minutes and there is usually plenty of open spaces to exploit.

thats were ash sykes could be very handy this season and i think given her age people are a little harsh on this site.
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:30 am
Based of Southside's stats, Shu O Teng should definitely be starting. As for the other spot probably Sykes.
southside

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:33 am
No idea what you mean. I have never heard of Shu O Teng. I hope she can play
Golden_CU
Golden_CU

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 am
southside wrote:No idea what you mean. I have never heard of Shu O Teng. I hope she can play

Your post on the last page about her being the best player at the womens U-19 world cup.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:49 am
That was me, and this is unconfirmed.
southside

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:15 am
Golden_CU wrote:
southside wrote:No idea what you mean. I have never heard of Shu O Teng. I hope she can play

Your post on the last page about her being the best player at the womens U-19 world cup.

That wasn't me. There is no record of her even playing at a World Cup at any level let alone being best player. She certainly is not in any of the team lists.

Golden_CU
Golden_CU

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:22 am
southside wrote:
Golden_CU wrote:

That wasn't me. There is no record of her even playing at a World Cup at any level let alone being best player. She certainly is not in any of the team lists.

Whoops

Apologies. Where did you get that from aleague4canberra?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 am
^^
it was in the paper a week or so ago.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:08 pm
I think you have to play Raymond and Tseng up front with Sykes off the bench. Sykes has pace to burn, and as mentioned, all the girls tire towards the middle of the second half - if we put her on then, she can keep the tempo high and run rings around defenders.
As for Tseng and Raymond, I like the partnership. Tseng has great touch, plays almost like Viduka when she holds the ball up and distributes. Raymond is like Scotty McDonald, but good and not as tubby around the middle.

Playing Sykes off the bench also opens up the options if we're behind or in front - we can play a 4-3-3 if we're behind with the other two girls alongside, or if we're looking to close the game play a 4-5-1 with Sykes up front on the counter and Raymond back on centre mid.

Thoughts?
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:52 pm
^^^

I agree. Although, if we wanted to play our strongest possible team I doubt Junna would put Raymond in it. Despite that, from what I have seen from her, she has played great and for the time Shipard isn't playing Raymond should be.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum