Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Perry signs for United Empty Perry signs for United

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:08 am
In the Canberra Times this morning, Ellyse Perry has been confirmed as one of Canberra United's last signings.

She will be based in Sydney and do the majority of her training there- but will come to Canberra for the games.
Thebid

Perry signs for United Empty Re: Perry signs for United

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:27 am
Could be our player of the year. Great news
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:44 am
yeah good signing, all good except for the fact that she'll live and train in sydney, what position is she?
teddybear

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:13 pm
What an absolute insult to the players in the team who have made the commitment to Canberra and live here. Others in the team have had to give up other sports to commit to football, why is she any different. She is NOT THAT GOOD that she can live in sydney and play cricket there and still play at CU. We don't need another defender anyway, we have several international defenders in the team anyway with Brush, Walters, Studman and Gill in the midfield. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME. We need STRIKERS not another prima donna coming from Sydney.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:16 pm
^^
i agree in principle with what you're saying.

but with this signing, and i'd say that perry is a better player than most of the other defenders you mentioned there, brush can move into the midfield, the position that i believe she plays best in.

i think we have the strikers penned in already unfortunately, in o ten, sykes and raymond, not that i think they are good enough to win us the title.
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:37 pm
teddybear wrote:What an absolute insult to the players in the team who have made the commitment to Canberra and live here. Others in the team have had to give up other sports to commit to football, why is she any different. She is NOT THAT GOOD that she can live in sydney and play cricket there and still play at CU. We don't need another defender anyway, we have several international defenders in the team anyway with Brush, Walters, Studman and Gill in the midfield. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME. We need STRIKERS not another prima donna coming from Sydney.

I cannot agree with you on all of it. I'm kinda with al4c. The thing where she is based in Sydney is a tiny let down but what did you expect, but she is a VERY good player and yes we do need another defender. I thought we were lacking there.

WE still have 2 spots to fill in our roster so we could still get a striker.

Last edited by Proud2BeCanberran on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thebid

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:44 pm
she could play midfield or even right wing...she's a bit special
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:48 pm
special? what like that munoz goal last year special, or ashleigh sykes special?
Thebid

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:56 pm
She has a shot to die for..did you see the 30 yard screamer in the Asian Cup last year..she was a full-back and she can cross with power from as wide a position as you like...not many can do that in the women's game...she could be a generational Saliabury...if she gave up the cricket......she'll keep playing the two sports I guess...Asian Cup and then if we qualify the World Cup....she's fortunate she's so good, she'll make the squads and Sermanni will give her all the leeway in the world...because she's a bit special.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:59 pm
^^
she sounds fantastic.

our best signing of the off season by far IMO
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:01 pm
Any news on Shippard? On another thread, Southside said we were on the verge of signing her?

Anything?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:01 pm
^^
what position is she?
Joey47
Joey47

Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:06 pm
She is a regular Matilda now. A midfielder and is from country NSW. She didn't play in the W-League last year to take a break.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Shipard
Thebid

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:57 am
Shipard has given the game away...travelling in Europe.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:55 pm
teddybear wrote:What an absolute insult to the players in the team who have made the commitment to Canberra and live here. Others in the team have had to give up other sports to commit to football, why is she any different. She is NOT THAT GOOD that she can live in sydney and play cricket there and still play at CU. We don't need another defender anyway, we have several international defenders in the team anyway with Brush, Walters, Studman and Gill in the midfield. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME. We need STRIKERS not another prima donna coming from Sydney.

Before I begin to start telling you what's wrong with you as a person, I will start by stating whats wrong with your comment.
Perry is a good player! She is an international after all as well as the players you mentioned Brush, Walters, Studman... she is a part of these ranks so it is wrong to say she isn't a player of quality if she is listed alongside these illustrious names in australian women's football.
Second. She isn't a waste of money and time! I applaud her for juggling such a difficult life of being a duel multi sport international at such a tender age. Most of us couldn't organise our way out of a paper bag so she is to be commended on maintaining a high level of playing across two different games. the fact that she is so young means she needs all the support she can get so CU is right to allow her to live in Sydney and offer her added flexibility in her restricted lifestyle. Who knows maybe she will respect how much effort CU put into her that she will abandon cricket for football??? ( A man can dream hey)
A waste of money definitely not! CU and women's football in general should do all that is in their capacity to keep talented young footballers in the game, again this is important in Perry's case as she is the centerpiece of an ongoing tug-of-war between the two games. hopefully the canberra public and CU show her that football is the right choice to make.

This is where people like yourself are destructive. The full professionalisation of australians women's football is still in it's embryonic stages. Any insinuation that a talented player is not worth any clubs time is both a flawed and damaging argument. It is comments like your good self's that turn young players away from the game at a time (and especially in Perry's a turning point in career) when football should be united (canberra united) to grow and strengthen the game.

Perry's signing is a symbol that the W-league and CU are committed the these causes.
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:27 pm
Nonno Gomes wrote:

Before I begin to start telling you what's wrong with you as a person, I will start by stating whats wrong with your comment.
Perry is a good player! She is an international after all as well as the players you mentioned Brush, Walters, Studman... she is a part of these ranks so it is wrong to say she isn't a player of quality if she is listed alongside these illustrious names in australian women's football.
Second. She isn't a waste of money and time! I applaud her for juggling such a difficult life of being a duel multi sport international at such a tender age. Most of us couldn't organise our way out of a paper bag so she is to be commended on maintaining a high level of playing across two different games. the fact that she is so young means she needs all the support she can get so CU is right to allow her to live in Sydney and offer her added flexibility in her restricted lifestyle. Who knows maybe she will respect how much effort CU put into her that she will abandon cricket for football??? ( A man can dream hey)
A waste of money definitely not! CU and women's football in general should do all that is in their capacity to keep talented young footballers in the game, again this is important in Perry's case as she is the centerpiece of an ongoing tug-of-war between the two games. hopefully the canberra public and CU show her that football is the right choice to make.

This is where people like yourself are destructive. The full professionalisation of australians women's football is still in it's embryonic stages. Any insinuation that a talented player is not worth any clubs time is both a flawed and damaging argument. It is comments like your good self's that turn young players away from the game at a time (and especially in Perry's a turning point in career) when football should be united (canberra united) to grow and strengthen the game.

Perry's signing is a symbol that the W-league and CU are committed the these causes.

clap Great Post mate.

To Teddybear, how the hell can you already criticise Ellyse Perry right now even before she has kicked a ball in a Canberra United shirt? As Nonno said, you should really commend her for how she will have to cope with his and of at such a young age she will HAVE to live home with everything going on.

With a talent like her knocking on your door you cannot let it go by.
Humprey

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:20 pm
agree with nonno gomes and golden_CU - teddybear's postings always bag out certain young players. I wonder what the real agenda is in all of this? a disgruntled parent or player?
Thebid

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:01 pm
people bag Sykes as well, now Perry.... at just 17 Sykes supposed, also, to be the complete player!!!!

Ronaldo and Rooney at 17 were good, but are a tad better at 24 aren't they. Give all the players a break and support them all..wherever they are from, whatever their age, especially any player under 21. We waited along time to have elite football in Canberra why write our players off already????

Don'tyou know anything about how players develop?????
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:10 pm
^^^^

No one has bagged Perry bar one and that is just his opinion.

AS for Sykes, I have never said for her to be dumped from the squad, I just don't believe that she has what it takes to be at the elite level YET- and therefore shouldn't start for us. IMO, there are better players in front of her and I think she could be used well off the bench.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:47 pm
Thebid wrote:people bag Sykes as well, now Perry.... at just 17 Sykes supposed, also, to be the complete player!!!!

Ronaldo and Rooney at 17 were good, but are a tad better at 24 aren't they. Give all the players a break and support them all..wherever they are from, whatever their age, especially any player under 21. We waited along time to have elite football in Canberra why write our players off already????

Don'tyou know anything about how players develop?????

here here
teddybear

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 am
I am not bagging Perry or women's football. I don't need to have an agenda to have an opinion on the make up of the team. She is quite a good player, but I don't think she is good enough to warrent not committing to the team properly. There are other girls in the team who are good at other sports/activities, but have made that commitment at the same age, some have even forgone great school results to enable them to commit properly. Also this is supposed to be a semi-professional team at the highest level. The coach should expect full commitment from everyone. Part-time prima donnas are not going to help the cohesion or team work of the team.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:29 am
^^
TBH i think someone of her quality is better even if based outside of canberra than one of the other mediocre ACTAS defenders based in canberra.
thegezman
thegezman
Other football teams : Liverpool FC, Carlton FC (AFL)

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:59 pm
i'm sure there were one or two girls last season that weren't based in canberra.

doesn't Slatcher live in Sydney and communte down for games?

and isn't chappy living outside of canberra (or was it brush).

eitherway it sounds like we have had a copule of great signings in the last few weeks.

io'm really looking forward to seeing what these new girls bring to the team.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum