Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Footballer's Style- Grace Gill Empty Footballer's Style- Grace Gill

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:16 am
Westfield W-League ABC TV commentator Amy Taylor took some time out with Canberra United's golden girl, Grace Gill, to talk about what it's like to be a footballer with style.

Name: Grace Gill

Playing Number: 9

Nickname:
Gracie, Brycie – thanks to a spelling mistake by the AIS admin. G ‘hyphen’ anything. G-Race. G-Unit. Opportunities are endless. Also fittingly, Graceface

When did you start playing football?
I started playing when I came to Canberra. It was the thing to do, so I joined up with some friends

Playing position?
I mainly play centre mid. I’ve had some stints in defence and across the midfield

Caps for Australia:
Westfield Young Matildas – 4 caps. Westfield Matildas – 1 cap

Junior club:
Belsouth

What do you love most about Canberra?
Canberra is totally underrated. Especially at this time of year, the days are warm and evenings nice and cool. It’s great for dining out and there are some quality music gigs around

One thing fans wouldn’t know about you but should:
I’m a born and bred Darwin girl

Name one player in your team we should watch out for this year:
If you can keep up with them, Ash and Nic Sykes. These girls are exciting young players, continuously learning and developing at funnily enough, an extremely fast pace

Who’s the toughest opponent you’ve played?
Lauren Colthorpe (Brisbane Roar). She’s tough, gutsy and is a smart player

Favourite footballing moment?
This would have to be when our Westfield Young Matildas team qualified for the World Cup in Russia, 2006. No better feeling!!

Do you have any pre-match superstitions?
Left sock, right sock, left boot, right boot. It just happens!

What’s the best goal celebration you’ve seen?
Caitlin Munoz scoring last year against Sydney in the Westfield W-League, running over to hug a friend in the crowd, falling and breaking the barrier

What goal celebration can we expect to see from you this year when you score?
I can’t go giving away too much, but it will be amazing.

Who will your club play in the Westfield W-League grand final this year?

Brisbane Roar, because they’re a consistently solid team. Although I think there will be a few surprises in amongst teams this year which will stir things up a bit

What was it like being part of the photo shoot?
It was a fun experience. I don’t think I’ve ever had so much makeup on or hair in my life, but to be involved in the shoot and understand the patience required to do such a thing, was definitely a learning experience. It was bit nerve wracking waiting to see the final results!

Last concert you went to?
I went to see Little Birdy a few days ago. It was an awesome show, Katy Steele the lead singer is incredible! Prior to that I saw Art vs. Science which was far too much fun. See, Canberra ain’t so bad after all!

Favourite song on your iPod?
Oo, difficult to just pick one. Help, I’m Alive by Metric

First record or CD you ever bought?
Oh shame. I clearly recall buying two CD singles when I was about 11 years old – Crush by Jennifer Paige, and No Matter What by Boyzone. I was that cool

City you’d most live to live in?
I’d have to say Melbourne. The live music scene there is amazing, along with obscure boutique shops and small hidden cafes.

If you could be any other female sports star in the world who would it be?
Kim Clijsters – she’s admirable to have come back from retirement and humbly take out such a prestigious tournament as a wildcard entry. Or maybe Venus Williams for her cool temperament

What if you could be any other female celebrity in the world who would it be?
I like how Angelina Jolie uses her celebrity status to draw attention to third world issues that are so often overlooked

Celebrity crush?
Johnny Depp

Favourite store at Westfield?
Probably Parliament. I think I keep their business funded. That, or Coles…

Favourite Restaurant?
A place called Milk & Honey in Canberra. It has a comfortable atmosphere with good food. And serves breakfast til late!

Your last overseas holiday?
Vanuatu. I went with a school trip a few years back. We stayed on a little tropical island, swimming and scuba diving all day. The locals and the scenery there is just beautiful

Best piece of advice for girls wanting to start playing football?
Enjoy what you’re doing. It’s what will make you passionate about the game

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=wleague_newsdisplay&id=29519
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Footballer's Style- Grace Gill Empty Re: Footballer's Style- Grace Gill

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 am
nice read

"Name one player in your team we should watch out for this year:
If you can keep up with them, Ash and Nic Sykes. These girls are exciting young players, continuously learning and developing at funnily enough, an extremely fast pace"

maybe this will be their year, they might've improved out of sight over the off-season?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum