Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Lowy: 13th and 14th teams a long way away Empty Lowy: 13th and 14th teams a long way away

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:02 am
Lowy outlined his vision beyond the 12th A-League team, saying the competition would not be considered truly national until it could move into areas currently not aligned with an A-League team. That appeared an endorsement to the aspiring bids of the likes of Canberra and Tasmania.

"It's a vision that I have," he said. "We are a long way from the 13th and 14th team, but I hope that we will be able to put these two teams to the parts of the country where we will have no football.

"Football is an international game, played around the world and I want to see all of Australia covered with our game."

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/115160,a2league-vital-says-lowy.aspx
Toby
Toby

Lowy: 13th and 14th teams a long way away Empty Re: Lowy: 13th and 14th teams a long way away

Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:31 pm
He also said this:

Lowy also said along with an aim to eventually expand to a 14-team A-League, there were plans to introduce a second division in the "not too distant future".

"(It) will allow for promotion and relegation, which is the lifeblood of national football competitions around the world," he said.

source: theworldgame.com.au
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Lowy: 13th and 14th teams a long way away Empty Re: Lowy: 13th and 14th teams a long way away

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:26 am
The FFA would have to get to a point were TV deal is big enough!! Interesting Lowy thinks A-League will be 14 teams too.

I reckon say if we had 20 clubs (10 clubs in each league) A-League1 today has a salary cap of around $2.5M per team and you would envisage A-League2 say around $1M per team. 20 teams is sustainable I think it could work down the track provided TV money is available from the FFA.
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:17 am
I'd like to see a 14-team A-League and an 8-team B-League.

A-League-

SFC
MVFC
AUFC
NJUFC
CCM
WP
NQF
BR
GCU
PG
Sydney Rovers FC
Melbourne Heart
Canberra United
South Coast

B-League-

Geelong
Darwin
Bendigo
Tasmania
Albury-Wodonga
Sunshine Coast
Cairns
Coffs Harbour
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:24 pm
^^I agree pretty much with this set up and have always been for the A-League to have 14 teams at capacity, the Scotish Premier League after all only has 12 teams,

and then we can have an 8-10 team B-League

I think Tasmania should be the 14th team in the A-League instead of South Coast though,

and the teams in the B-League should be:

Darwin
South Coast
Geelong
Central Queensland (Rockhampton/Mackay)
Albury-Wodonga
Sunshine Coast or Toowoomba
Ballarat or Bendigo
Wagga Wagga or Coffs Harbour
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:21 am
thom_canberra wrote:^^I agree pretty much with this set up and have always been for the A-League to have 14 teams at capacity, the Scotish Premier League after all only has 12 teams,

and then we can have an 8-10 team B-League

I think Tasmania should be the 14th team in the A-League instead of South Coast though,

and the teams in the B-League should be:

Darwin
South Coast
Geelong
Central Queensland (Rockhampton/Mackay)
Albury-Wodonga
Sunshine Coast or Toowoomba
Ballarat or Bendigo
Wagga Wagga or Coffs Harbour

I think FAQ's set-up regarding QLD is correct. QLD cannot support 5 teams despite 2 teams beng in the lower tier. Although I would prefer Central QLD over Sunshine Coast.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:19 pm
How could Albury or Ballarat support a team. If they got promoted to the a-league (which probably wont happen) they wouldn't even get 1k to show up (do they even have a stadium?)
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:54 am
I don't think QLD could support 2 more teams, especially coming from the Sunshine Coast. Rockhampton- maybe because the distance between Brisbane and Townsville is to long for anyone from there to travel. They also have a decent stadium that holds 8K or something like that.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:50 pm
Canberra United
South Coast (Wollongong)
Geelong
Darwin
Bendigo
Tasmania
Albury-Wodonga
Sunshine Coast
Cairns
Coffs Harbour

I think the only two of these teams I have an issue with is Sunny Coast and Cairns. As mentioned, Toowoomba would be a much better site for another Queensland team - they have a 9K seater stadium already, could be upgraded too. I don't think Cairns would be a brilliant idea - NQ are already struggling. They also don't have a football pitch - only Cazaly Stadium, and I veto anyone playing at that ground. lol

Also, where would Tasmania be based? Hobart and Launceston could host half, I guess.
Tassie and NZ could have a rivalry - the islands no-one cares about lol
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:
Canberra United
South Coast (Wollongong)
Geelong
Darwin
Bendigo
Tasmania
Albury-Wodonga
Sunshine Coast
Cairns
Coffs Harbour

I think the only two of these teams I have an issue with is Sunny Coast and Cairns. As mentioned, Toowoomba would be a much better site for another Queensland team - they have a 9K seater stadium already, could be upgraded too. I don't think Cairns would be a brilliant idea - NQ are already struggling. They also don't have a football pitch - only Cazaly Stadium, and I veto anyone playing at that ground. lol

Also, where would Tasmania be based? Hobart and Launceston could host half, I guess.
Tassie and NZ could have a rivalry - the islands no-one cares about lol

Yea I somewhat agree. I think in the future, Queensland can only support 1 more team and that coming from Central QLD. I mean Cairns is quite close to Townsville and the same can be said for the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast.
arinceo
arinceo

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:25 pm
I don't think second division will be completely full of new teams, more like this:

Most financially stable State League team (Probably will be Sydney United or something)
Tasmania
Penrith
Darwin
Geelong
Toowoomba
2nd Adelaide Team
Coffs Harbour
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum