Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Areas to push our bid? Empty Areas to push our bid?

Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:01 am
Well we have missed out on that 12th licence, and looks as though we won't come in until probably 2012, possibly 2013 unless Wellington get given the flick.

Of course we need to get that money but where else to we need to push? I think community support is also a must.

Thoughts?
cufc_cc
cufc_cc
Other football teams : Leeds Utd

Areas to push our bid? Empty Re: Areas to push our bid?

Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:51 am
We have plenty time, but we need to continue to push for community support. We need to get that money and continued support from the government and the FFA.
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:26 pm
I have mentioned this before but my thinking is we should enter the NSW Premier League in the interim until admission happens. This will do a couple of things:

1. Give the club time to connect with fans/sponsors;
2. Allow the club to begin to get the appropriate people, infrastructure, community programs in place.

This is the only meaningful way we can start to build the club to enter the A-League proper. Even if we get a youth team in the A-League will do little by way of fans/sponsorship.
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:51 am
pete wrote:I have mentioned this before but my thinking is we should enter the NSW Premier League in the interim until admission happens. This will do a couple of things:

1. Give the club time to connect with fans/sponsors;
2. Allow the club to begin to get the appropriate people, infrastructure, community programs in place.

This is the only meaningful way we can start to build the club to enter the A-League proper. Even if we get a youth team in the A-League will do little by way of fans/sponsorship.

I agree with all of that. Despite us having more chance of a NYL team, this is a much better option. It would provide Canberra with support and start to get our club up and running. With Chairmans, the board, sponsors, fans etc.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum