Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchday Saturday @ Bruce - CCM v AU

+7
Galileo
andy_capp
United On The Gong
Golden_CU
Joey47
mikey_porto
pete
11 posters
Go down
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Matchday Saturday @ Bruce - CCM v AU Empty Matchday Saturday @ Bruce - CCM v AU

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Watching the Central Coast and Adelaide games to the past couple of days I reckon we'll be in for a great game this Saturday. Both teams lost but it over the past couple of weeks have shown both should be there come finals time.

Looking forward to especially seeing Adelaide players like Dodd, Cristiano, Cassio and Leckie at Bruce stadium.

My predictions for Sat:

Canberra United 2 - CCM 0
Adelaide 3 - CCM 2

What does everyone think??
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Matchday Saturday @ Bruce - CCM v AU Empty Re: Matchday Saturday @ Bruce - CCM v AU

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:49 pm
Cannot wait for this and i should be making my Capital Punishment army debut. Adelaide have some real excitement machines now, and seeing them the last few weeks they have changed their tactics and were the better team last night against the Victory. But then there is Central Coast who are the most unpredictable team in the league.

Canberra United 2-1 Central Coast
Adelaide 2-1 Central Coast
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Matchday Saturday @ Bruce - CCM v AU Empty Re: Matchday Saturday @ Bruce - CCM v AU

Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:28 pm
I am hoping to see as many people with the Capital Punishment army at the two games, so please spread the word about Saturday. WE will be sending out an email so hopefully that will get the interest up.

As for the two games itself, I'm with mikey on both results:

Canberra United 2-1 Central Coast
Adelaide 2-1 Central Coast
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:56 am
Central Coast are in bloody good form in the W-league, so it won't be an easy match IMO. They have won all of ther four games so far.

Hopefully we can get a good crowd, and for some reason I think this game will be a lot better than the last game at Canberra Stadum.

BTW, W-League starts at 4.15 and the A-League starts at 7.00.
United On The Gong
United On The Gong

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:00 pm
Central Coast 3-1 Canberra
Central Coast 1-1 Adelaide

Sorry to be the pessimist.
andy_capp
andy_capp
Other football teams : Hartlepool United

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:11 pm
where do you guys sit for these games?
Joey47
Joey47

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:44 pm
We sit in Bay 66 for both of them. Come along and bring everyone you can.
Galileo
Galileo

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 am
Cannot wait for this. I may or may not be able to make it for the W-League game, and if I do it will be in the 2nd half. I will try and sit the army though.

W-League: CCM 2-1 CU
A-League: CCM 1-2 AU
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:02 pm
I reckon if we can pull a decent crowd say 7-8k we are right back in the picture for a license.
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:18 pm
I may or may not be with the army this week, think my mates have tickets for me on halfway.

Also, I reckon pete's pic should be Canberra's A-League away shirt.
andy_capp
andy_capp
Other football teams : Hartlepool United

Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:53 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:We sit in Bay 66 for both of them. Come along and bring everyone you can.

No thanks will be with the "home" fans
United On The Gong
United On The Gong

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:43 pm
McKinna Issues Canberra Call

EXCLUSIVE: Lawrie McKinna wants Canberra football fans to make an A-League statement as the Mariners look to continue their love affair with the capital.
Disappointed Canberra was overlooked for the competition's 12th spot but McKinna hasn't given up on the ACT one day hosting A-League football.

But the national capital's continued support for Australia's World Cup bid has now been put in doubt by the decision while there has also been talk of fans boycotting the Mariners versus Adelaide United clash.

Canberra bid leader Ivan Slavich hopes supporters will turn out for the match as a poor attendance will simply convince Football Federation Australia officials that they made the righ decision.

And McKinna also hopes Canberra's football fans don't turn their backs on his team or A-League football as a whole.

"We have enjoyed our many visits to Canberra, for pre-season preparations and games as well as A-League football," McKinna told au.fourfourtwo.com. "Hopefully the fans will come out for the game and enjoy it.

"I'm sure the FFA will be watching and I don't believe the Canberra (A-League bid) is over is it? We're all looking forward to the game down there.

"We've an excellent record in Canberra and we want that to continue."

McKinna's men saw off Perth Glory 2-1 at the same venue earlier in the season. This Sunday's A-League clash will be preceded by the W-League meeting between the Mariners and Canberra United (kick off 4.15pm).

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/115651,mckinna-issues-canberra-call.aspx
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:53 am
W-League: Canberra United 2 - 1 CC Mariners , 1,102
A-League: Adelaide United 1 - 1 CC Mariners , 6,721
pete
pete

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:03 pm
Actual result:

Canberra United 1 - Central Coast 1
Adelaide United 0 - Central Coast 0

Not a great turnout. I just wonder what the break-even point would be to hire Bruce?? I'm guessing 7-8k. In which case we have some work to do (no thanks to all the people who boycotted)
Toby
Toby

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:29 am
what was the turnout??
pete
pete

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:05 am
Crowd was 5437. There seemed to be a few travelling fans from Central Coast and Adelaide that lifted the atmosphere anyway.
Joey47
Joey47

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:04 am
I thought the atmosphere was great and that has even been said in the paper today.
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 am
Disappointing crowd TBH. I was hoping for around 7K due to it being on a Saturday night, especially with the solid amount of people that were in for the W-League game, it did look impressive.

The standard of football was a lowlight though.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum