Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Buckley: Canberra a Possible entrant in 2-3 years Empty Buckley: Canberra a Possible entrant in 2-3 years

Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:51 am
The article in the Canberra Times just says that the FFA want Canberra to continue with their push for World Cup participation and Asian Cup participation.

He then goes onto say:

Buckley reiterated that Canberra would be the next logical step for A-League expansion and it could happen within a two to three-year time frame

Also our forum has been getting recognition. This is what it also said:

While initially the online forums on The Canberra Times, the fourfourtwo website and the Canberra Supporters Group forum went wild with talk about boycotting the match, there have as many posters pleading fans to attend

Canberra Times
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Buckley: Canberra a Possible entrant in 2-3 years Empty Re: Buckley: Canberra a Possible entrant in 2-3 years

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:45 am
i honestly believe that we won't get a team for 5 - 10 years.... because the FFA are going to want to make sure that all the teams have a solid budget and good crowd averages and fan bases as the Sydney Rovers and Melbourne Hearts might steal some of FC and Victory's fans... they dont want to rush in anymore teams like they did with the Fury and GCU
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Buckley: Canberra a Possible entrant in 2-3 years Empty Re: Buckley: Canberra a Possible entrant in 2-3 years

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:23 am
^^

but it's not like they're rushing into the same markets ie melbourne heart so it shouldn't make any difference.

this is good news IMO, it's making me feel better about this whole thing but i fear it's just BS from the FFA to keep the ACT gov interested
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:34 am
Schimch@capital hill wrote:^^

this whole thing but i fear it's just BS from the FFA to keep the ACT gov interested

i think that is just what it is... Buckley making sh*t up
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 am
I don't reckon the league will expand past 12 teams.

However in saying that I always thought we would have a chance if something happened to Wellington but now I reckon Gold Coast future isn't looking particularly bright either. So a spot could be up for grabs sooner rather than later.

A good crowd today will help our case!!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum