Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Would you prefer a Canberra team in B-League within next 2 years or an A-League team in 5-6 years

2 - 22%
7 - 78%

Total Votes: 9

thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

What would you prefer, Canberra team in the B-League now, or A-League in 5-6 years time? Empty What would you prefer, Canberra team in the B-League now, or A-League in 5-6 years time?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:09 am
As there is no B-League atm this would have to happen, but would everyone prefer a Canberra team up and running by 2012/13 season, or A-League team in like 5-6 years??
efcmetro1878
efcmetro1878

What would you prefer, Canberra team in the B-League now, or A-League in 5-6 years time? Empty Re: What would you prefer, Canberra team in the B-League now, or A-League in 5-6 years time?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 pm
Well I'd love to see them as soon as possible, but the B-League is probably 20 years away. I honestly think we're 2-3 years away from inclusion now that Rovers are gone.
Galileo
Galileo

What would you prefer, Canberra team in the B-League now, or A-League in 5-6 years time? Empty Re: What would you prefer, Canberra team in the B-League now, or A-League in 5-6 years time?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:48 pm
A-League in a 5/6 years. This is wt will be best for Australian football, and possibly even Canberra football.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:46 pm
Canberra must be in a-league for support
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:34 pm
the b-league wouldnt happen in 2-3 years anyway, hopefully it will never happen!!!

id rather wait it out
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:16 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:the b-league wouldnt happen in 2-3 years anyway, hopefully it will never happen!!!

id rather wait it out

Why?
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:19 pm
^^

we dont need it, maybe in 30 years time if football has become the dominant football code in australia and the a-league is thriving, but it would just be useless until football has become the australia's numero uno football code!
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:50 pm
JohnLovesCanberraUnited wrote:^^

we dont need it, maybe in 30 years time if football has become the dominant football code in australia and the a-league is thriving, but it would just be useless until football has become the australia's numero uno football code!

lol
Raider_United
Raider_United

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:58 am
Definitely the A-League team in 5-6 years. The B-League cannot be developed in the short term, however it would definitely be viable in the future. So I disagree with you, John. There quite simply, isn't the support for a B-League, but it definitely can come into play in about 10 years. The FFA need to prioritise in securing the future of the A-League first, and making sure the teams that compete are in a strong state on and off the pitch.

The league needs a bit of stability for a few years, possibly until the next World Cup, and then we can start thinking about expansion into Canberra, Tasmania and the South Coast.
Toby
Toby

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:29 pm
efcmetro1878 wrote:Well I'd love to see them as soon as possible, but the B-League is probably 20 years away. I honestly think we're 2-3 years away from inclusion now that Rovers are gone.

Rovers aren't quite gone yet are they? Western Sydney team will get in before Canberra. The sooner they are in, the sooner we get in.
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:30 pm
^^

i think the rovers are gone but of course the ffa are looking for another ws bid
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:55 pm
I wouldn't want us to commit to a B-League spot because I reckon we may yet get a spot in the A-League. As sad as it would be the FFA seems very non-committal on NQ Fury's future due to all ready spending $9M saving them up there. Interesting to see the NSW Premier League is moving to being a summer competition next year. I can see the becoming the "de-facto" B-League if you like.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/11/10/is-football-nsw-doing-the-nation-a-favour/

I saw on Fox Sports FC even if Rovers don't make the cut apparently there is another consortium waiting to take their spot

Toby
Toby

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:51 am
pete wrote:I wouldn't want us to commit to a B-League spot because I reckon we may yet get a spot in the A-League. As sad as it would be the FFA seems very non-committal on NQ Fury's future due to all ready spending $9M saving them up there. Interesting to see the NSW Premier League is moving to being a summer competition next year. I can see the becoming the "de-facto" B-League if you like.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/11/10/is-football-nsw-doing-the-nation-a-favour/

I saw on Fox Sports FC even if Rovers don't make the cut apparently there is another consortium waiting to take their spot

Maybe that NSW Premier League is being lined up with the introduction of the FFA CUP next year (hopefully). I agree, I could see that becoming the B league
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:56 am
I'm getting the feeling that the FFA have urged various state football confederations to look at a Summer Comp, so in the future it provides a platform for the foundation of a B-League.
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:49 pm
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum