Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

What would be your prefered option for an A-League team in Canberra?

8 - 100%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 8

Poll closed
Macas
Macas
Other football teams : Bolton Wanderers, Celtic

Relocated Club to come to Canberra Empty Relocated Club to come to Canberra

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:24 pm
We here at Capital Punishment are obviously all supporting the bid for a Canberra A-League side, but what sort of team would we be caplable of getting.
To me, we are presented with 3 options:

Option 1: A New team.
This is what I would consider to be the favoured option. A new club to enter the A-League representing Canberran's.
I believe we deserve to have this already but the FFA insists on stuffing us around considering our bid to be an absolute joke.
As you may have read in other posts of mine, I think there is only one way to speed up the process of Canberra securing an A-League team. By demonstating our support in public. To do this we could have Demonstration/Protest (this would put spirit, pride and soul into the club before it even exists). Another thing we could do is have banners saying ALeague4Canberra at other Canberran sporting events, such as raiders or brumbies games.

Option 2: A Hybrid Team.
This would be a joint team between Canberra and Western Sydney. The thought of a team like this representing Me and the rest of Canberra DISGUSTS ME.

Option 3: A Relocated Team.
I don't think many people have thought of this option. As we all know, Gold Coast United, North Queensland Fury and Newcastle Jets are not doing so well financially and to be honest, are not pulling in very big crowds (or even an acceptable sized crowd).
Let me know what you think and what is your favoured option?
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Relocated Club to come to Canberra Empty Re: Relocated Club to come to Canberra

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:09 pm
definantly a new team, i would rather a relocated team than a hybrid team with WS but i have to say new team!
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:12 pm
^

agreed, i never want a hybrid team and i would take a relocated team as a last resort but i want our own team!
spathi
spathi
Other football teams : Liverpool, Barcelona

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 pm
Would most definitely prefer a new team. A relocated team may work, then again it may not. A hybrid team will never ever work.

I think Newcastle are doing ok now that Tinkler has come on board.

Thats what we need!!! Someone Tinkleresque to come in and make it almost impossible for FFA to turn us down, even if they are not looking at expansion we could force expansion with the right amount of money.

Is there anyone in Canberra with that kind of money? I can only think of the Snow family.
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:37 pm
It would have to be our own team to work. Anyone know what the break even figure is at Bruce stadium?

I read it costs GCU over $160,000 a game to open the entire stadium (Skilled Park) up. Hence that's why they brought a crowd cap in apparently with less than 5000 fans in they only pay $40,000 per match
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:53 pm
New club would be the only way to obtain and maintain success. The only way to go imo.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum