Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Canberra Football Attendance History Empty Canberra Football Attendance History

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:32 pm
Just for my own knowledge I want to compile a list of the best Canberra Football attendances since the inception of the A-League in 2005. These are the top 10 football attendances I could find.

20,032 - Australia vs Kuwait (Asian cup qualifier - 2009) Venue: Canberra Stadium
10,041 - Australia vs Malaysia (Friendly - 2011) Venue: Canberra Stadium
7,226 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets (A-League Pre season - 2006) Venue: Canberra Stadium
5,735 - Sydney FC vs Central Coast Mariners (A-League Pre season - 2007) Venue: Canberra Stadium
5,437 - Central Coast Mariners vs Adelaide United (A-League - 2009) Venue: Canberra Stadium
5,193 - Central Coast Mariners vs Perth Glory (A-League - 2009) Venue: Canberra Stadium
2,000 - Canberra FC - Canberra Olympic (ACT Premier League Final - 2011) Venue: Deakin Stadium
1,637 - Canberra United vs Central Coast Mariners (W-League - 2008) Venue: Belconnen Soccer Centre
1,152 - Canberra United vs Melbourne Vistory (W-League - 2008) Venue: Belconnen Soccer Centre
953 - Canberra United vs Sydney FC (W-League - 2009) Venue: Belconnen Soccer Centre

Does anyone know what all the Mariners warm up game attendances have been? They have come here a fair few times over the years and have played Canberra FC, Belconnen United and the one I want to know the most was the one against Capital Football President's XI which finished 3-3 at the AIS athletics track.
Macas
Macas
Other football teams : Bolton Wanderers, Celtic

Canberra Football Attendance History Empty Re: Canberra Football Attendance History

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:42 pm
It wasn't a good turn out at the Malaysian game was it.
The Malaysians were louder than us being 5-0 down.
Gate7
Gate7

Canberra Football Attendance History Empty Re: Canberra Football Attendance History

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:15 pm
Macas, I had a think about it and I actually think it was a decent crowd. The key points to remember is that it was a friendly and it was against Malaysia. If it was a world cup qualifier it would have gotten a better crowd because it would have been marketed more. However with all that said when opportunities like this arise Canberrans need to take advantage of them and rock up in much larger numbers, otherwise our message will never get across.

But enough about that, I want to know of strong footballing attendances in Canberra since 2005. Anyone got any that top the above top 10 I got?
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:16 am
Just on that issue I thought 10k crowd was a decent turn-out given we were playing a country ranked no.146 in the world and considering the Socceroos didn't arrive until matchday. It probably would have been bigger if the they arrived here a few days earlier (instead of staying in Sydney) to promote the game.

Lots of negativity about our game coming out of the Canberra Times in recent weeks
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:09 pm
What I'm furious at in regards to the Canberra-Malaysia fixture, is the lack of promotion for in by Capital Football and the FFA. The only thing I saw promoting this is a few news bulletins on the former's website. Other than that next to nothing. Especially disappointed in CF. You'd think this was our chance to really showcase our worth as a potential A-League side, and a solid crowd would only strengthen our pleas. Obviously had other concerns to meet... Whoops
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 pm
regarding the malaysia game crowd of 10,000, it was a surprise to me but i never expected anything over 20,000 anyway. my prediction was 16k, but i guess the lack of promotion by the ffa and the game being smack bang in the middle of school holidays when half of canberra leaves to the coast, it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

and concerning the australian supporters vs malaysian supporters, the australian end was much more a laidback, party atmosphere while the malaysian end was focused on chanting and making noise.
Gate7
Gate7

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 am
Updated top ten football attendences in Canberra since 2005. In bold is the new addition.

20,032 - Australia vs Kuwait (Asian cup qualifier - 2009) Venue: Canberra Stadium
7,226 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets (A-League Pre season - 2006) Venue: Canberra Stadium
5,735 - Sydney FC vs Central Coast Mariners (A-League Pre season - 2007) Venue: Canberra Stadium
5,437 - Central Coast Mariners vs Adelaide United (A-League - 2009) Venue: Canberra Stadium
5,193 - Central Coast Mariners vs Perth Glory (A-League - 2009) Venue: Canberra Stadium
2,000 - Canberra FC vs Canberra Olympic (ACT Premier League Final - 2011) Venue: Deakin Stadium
1,750 - Canberra United vs Melbourne Victory (W-League Semi Final - 2012) Venue: Belconnen Soccer Centre
1,637 - Canberra United vs Central Coast Mariners (W-League - 2008) Venue: Belconnen Soccer Centre
1,152 - Canberra United vs Melbourne Vistory (W-League - 2008) Venue: Belconnen Soccer Centre
Gate7
Gate7

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:44 pm
Updated top ten football attendences in Canberra since 2005. In bold is the new addition.

2,512 - Canberra United vs Brisbane Roar (W-League Grand Final - 2012) Venue: Belconnen Soccer Centre
2,000 - Canberra FC vs Canberra Olympic (ACT Premier League Final - 2011) Venue: Deakin Stadium
1,750 - Canberra United vs Melbourne Victory (W-League Semi Final - 2012) Venue: Belconnen Soccer Centre
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum