Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

FFA: 12th license decision on the way Empty FFA: 12th license decision on the way

Tue May 26, 2009 5:21 pm
http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/ffa-clamps-down-on-transfer-of-minors/2009/05/25/1243103487821.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Meanwhile, the chances of a west Sydney team joining the A-League next year will start to become clearer when three rival bids make submissions to the FFA in the next 10 days. Buckley confirmed three west Sydney groups, plus others from Wollongong and Canberra, were due to present their bids, with the FFA board potentially making a decision on the 12th licence when it next meets next month.

"Is this the week which decides everything? I don't think you can say that, but things should become clearer," he said.

"Some bids are more advanced that others, and this week is an opportunity to assess that because we will be having direct discussions. We'd like to be able to present to the board the status of all the bids at the next meeting, but whether the board feels ready to award the licence at that time will depend on the level of detail involved."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

reading between the lines i think that the reason that the FFA is decding now so early is because none of the western sydney bids hav their act together and the FFA have said enough is enough you should've had a solid bid together by now but you haven't we're deciding now. And as much as the FFA want a WS team they don't want a WS team that will crumble, it would do a lot more harm to them then just not getting as much money from TV deals for a few years.

really good signs for canberra IMO
GloryPerth
GloryPerth

FFA: 12th license decision on the way Empty Re: FFA: 12th license decision on the way

Tue May 26, 2009 5:44 pm
Hmm you may be right - let's hope you are tbh. I know I'm biased, but from what we've seen from West Sydney's news. I know this may not truly reflect their progress, but they don't seem all that firm. Lucas Neill had one, but was looking for backing or something. His bid is, or isn't associated with that suss politician guy who's starting up a bid too? And then there's that Premier State bid which will really have to change its tune to be considered and once again, funding wise, not sure if they're that strong.

South Coast's bid has been around a while and they have support from Tim Cahill, but WIN stadium upgrades is a 'kind of' an issue and once again, financial backing is a concern, especially as WIN owner Bruce Gordon is not confirmed as being involved.

Another strong factor is that now, 12 months on, the wider economic climate has changed dramatically. Before we had guys like Palmer and Sagey come in and with the mining boom etc.. we were all speculating who the next rich backer of football, may be? But now things are tighter so groups like West Sydney may not find backers soo easily. And Canberra's ACT Govt. Funding really comes into play here, as a major strength. Their stadium is ready and waiting too.

I can't believe you haven't found a decent backer or two, yet, to chip in that 1-1.5M needed? Surely Slavich and co have managed to pool together enough parties investing in this bid, that we're over the line. Or is atleast having serious negotiations with some parties. Shame about the Melissa Fischer thing, but surely you can find others?

With that Govt. Funding, this is surely a concern though:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25433395-12339,00.html
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

FFA: 12th license decision on the way Empty Re: FFA: 12th license decision on the way

Tue May 26, 2009 5:51 pm
Isn't this a bit of concern that the FFA come out and say they are nearly ready for the decision and at the same time the Western Sydney's bids are confirmed and ready?

Coincidence???
the head
the head
Location : Duffy. That's where I live mofo. Where I do my thing.

Wed May 27, 2009 3:58 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:Isn't this a bit of concern that the FFA come out and say they are nearly ready for the decision and at the same time the Western Sydney's bids are confirmed and ready?

Coincidence???

The FFA have been holding off for as long as possible to give the three WS bids a chance to get their s**t together. It's very frustrating. If the decision had been taken five months ago, we'd be in the league.

Time to put your cards on the table.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed May 27, 2009 4:51 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:Isn't this a bit of concern that the FFA come out and say they are nearly ready for the decision and at the same time the Western Sydney's bids are confirmed and ready?

Coincidence???

where did you read that the western sydney bids are confirmed and ready?
GloryPerth
GloryPerth

Wed May 27, 2009 8:32 pm
It just the way he's worded it, I don't think he technically means that. They'd be no more ready than Canberra is, unless they have the full funding covered. But that would be it.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat May 30, 2009 11:06 am
this is from the nearpost blogspot website:

"Well Western Sydney, the three bids, meet the FFA this week, so given the passion of the FFA for a team from the West you can be assured if ANY model is strong and financial they'll be pushed ahead...and quickly.

The World Cup is the focus for the FFA in June with the launch and video launch and a host of games happening, so the FFA will need to be announcing an A-League team(s) fro 2010 in July or asap after that.

So I'm expecting a leak as early as this weekend, if any bid from West Sydney is real and cashed up it'll be leaked to build further momentum.

And if not, well Canberra is ripe for the 12th spot and of course the FFA need a 12th team.

And there is the added complication:

The World Cup bid is launched in Canberra, indeed the ACT Government are well ahead in planning for a new stadium and desperately see the value of an A-League team.

Given the FFA now believe we can sustain a team, crowds were a concern they are no longer after the Socceroos game in March, what will they do with Canberra?

Go to 13 teams, leave West Sydney out, leave Canberra out or go to 12 teams and give Canberra the "next" licence.

So imminent, but may not be announced, in my view until July, but we'll know before then."
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:45 pm
How bout either WS or Canberra get 12 license and the next one gets to take Wellington's spot. This can happen at the same time as the 11th and 12th teams start in 2010/2011.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 pm
wellington have worked through their issues with the AFC and FIFA so it doesn't look like they are being kicked out
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:35 pm
Have they?? Does not being able to compete in both the AFC or OFC Champions League's mean they have worked through their issues?

And im pretty sure the AFC still want them out, Wellington have many unresolved issues with Mohamed Bin Hammam and the AFC.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:14 am
aleague4canberra wrote:

reading between the lines i think that the reason that the FFA is decding now so early is because none of the western sydney bids hav their act together and the FFA have said enough is enough you should've had a solid bid together by now but you haven't we're deciding now. And as much as the FFA want a WS team they don't want a WS team that will crumble, it would do a lot more harm to them then just not getting as much money from TV deals for a few years.

really good signs for canberra IMO

:lol: :lol: That is really just wishful thinking.

Or maybe because the meetings are very soon and they have to decide by the end of June.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:47 pm
wishful thinking? yes
Optmistic? maybe
out of the question? no
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:26 pm
when are they putting us out of our misery?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:29 pm
by the end of june i'm pretty sure
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:36 pm
why can't they just set an affirmative date? this way it would force the bids to strengthen up definitively
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:37 pm
^^^
agree Nonno. FFA really seem to be as dumb as dog s**t.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:43 pm
yea why do i get the feeling the ben buckley is always nervous :|
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:53 am
Yes, it really sounds like they will just wait untill the WS bid is ready and then announce it,
but I hope not
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:51 pm
the decision will be announced early july
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:56 pm
thom_canberra wrote:Yes, it really sounds like they will just wait untill the WS bid is ready and then announce it,
but I hope not

bloody NSW soccer mafia!

conspiracy theorists... arise!
Raider_United
Raider_United

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:24 pm
Getting so pumped for this decision.... but am expecting to come out very disappointed.

FFA: 12th license decision on the way Disappointed
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:34 pm
thataway grahamarnoldout!, being pessimistic means that if we don't get it you are just like "i expected it", but if we do get it you're like "wow i never expected it". It's a win, don't lose so bad scenario
Toby
Toby

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:00 pm
Ok if we get it then we can all meet at the pub.. if we don't then how about we push forward like the South Coast bid and call for a place in the proposed A2? could be strong to do that?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:22 am
i don't think we need to push for A2 if we don't get in, we still got the next expansion round to try and get in. (IMO there will be another exoansion round because the a-league has to have at least 14 teams before a second tier comp.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum