Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

What might sway the tie our way? Empty What might sway the tie our way?

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:19 pm
I believe that the thing that might sway the tie over our closest rival bid western sydney will be the fact that Canberra has identity.

Granted it won't be the sole thing, i didn't say that. I'm just saying it might sway things our way.

When someone says Canberra you instantly think the nations capital. When someone says western sydney i just think of lots of houses and think it's just a part of sydney.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

What might sway the tie our way? Empty Re: What might sway the tie our way?

Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:56 pm
Yeah, we are the capital and we deserve a team. One team per city policy is a good policy which the FFA should follow.
Yid_Army
Yid_Army

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:07 am
I hoping the separate geographic base to the western sydney bid (won't be splitting supporters of another team), and larger numbers than the southcoast and tasmania bids will bring us over the line.

The other bids aren't really vocal - haven't even heard anything from the 2nd Melbourne bid - wonder if the exclusivity status was given a tad too early perhaps?
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:20 pm
Melbourne heart are doing everything behind closed doors, and so are western sydney.

this is sort of worrying.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:01 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:Melbourne heart are doing everything behind closed doors, and so are western sydney.

Though publicity is a good thing, especially in Canberra
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:33 pm
yeah definately alex351, but it doesn't matter how much publicity we have if the FFA are working with western sydney.
brettles

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:45 pm
i read that the south coast bid is no longer and the people behind that are the ones who are pushing for west syd. as they moved there for the larger base etc.

so at least that's one less to worry about. but i think we will get it seeing we have surpassed all the criteria (on paper)
Escobar
Escobar

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 pm
I thought some fundamental rules of the A-League starting up was 1) to avoid more than one team per capital and 2) to avoid racial divide.
IMO two teams per city could potentially encourange the same racial divide that was so damaging to the NSL.

Having said that it seems Melbourne and Western Sydney have a lot of sway with the A-League administrators (especially financially) and therefore do not require much publicity from the media.

I think we have done all we can for the bid thus far..
Chris1822
Chris1822

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:57 pm
Escobar wrote:I thought some fundamental rules of the A-League starting up was 1) to avoid more than one team per capital and 2) to avoid racial divide.
IMO two teams per city could potentially encourange the same racial divide that was so damaging to the NSL.

Having said that it seems Melbourne and Western Sydney have a lot of sway with the A-League administrators (especially financially) and therefore do not require much publicity from the media.

yeah not so much with the sydney divide but i reckon there's a real chance for melbourne to be racially divided.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:10 pm
Escobar wrote:I thought some fundamental rules of the A-League starting up was 1) to avoid more than one team per capital and 2) to avoid racial divide.

Yea I agree with you Escobar. Actually, not so much W.Sydney but definetely the Melbourne derby. I believe that a lot of the South Melbourne supporters of the old NSL will join and become fans of Melbourne Heart.
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Sun May 10, 2009 4:06 pm
Alex351 wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:Melbourne heart are doing everything behind closed doors, and so are western sydney.

Though publicity is a good thing, especially in Canberra

the trip up to sydney would've helped alot... plus western sydney is getting poached by the afl... so the ffa would hopefully get out of western sydney, save sydney fc and give us a team its a win-win(-lose for west sydneyfans) situation
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum