Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

13 teams? Canberra assured? Empty 13 teams? Canberra assured?

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:24 am
13 teams? Canberra assured?

Fox Sports Mike Cockerill mentioned the other night that the A-League might expand to 13 teams.

Now Mike hasn't just dreamed that up has he? Someone from you know where has clearly leaked this in my view. Or else where could it have come from.

So August FFA Board meeting could mean:

1.No expansion beyond eleven teams; absolutely unlikely.
2.Two teams gain provisional licence which means Western Sydney and Canberra.
3. Or of course just once licence between Western Sydney and Canberra.

With Wellington's licence still unconfirmed by the FFA and AFC beyond this season the FFA can't afford to lose that fight and drop back from 12 to eleven teams. So best to get an extra team, extra insurance.

And post-World Cup 13 teams is a risk worth taking assuming all the start-up finances are in place.

Which ever way you look at it, Mike Cockerill is the journalist most likely to be in the know and with media reports suggesting Damien Mori has been approached for a coaching gig for the new Canberra A-League team then surely Canberra will get that
12th or 13th spot come August end.

What's the other alternative? Canberra are told no!

I reckon that's unlikely don't you. The implications for such a decision are not very positive for Canberra, football in the region or indeed for the FFA's national footprint.

http://nearpost.blogspot.com/
Joey47
Joey47

13 teams? Canberra assured? Empty Re: 13 teams? Canberra assured?

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:26 am
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
Which ever way you look at it, Mike Cockerill is the journalist most likely to be in the know and with media reports suggesting Damien Mori has been approached for a coaching gig for the new Canberra A-League team then surely Canberra will get that
12th or 13th spot come August end.

Oh jeez MinsterMan, look how far this has reached. lol
Toby
Toby

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 am
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:Fox Sports Mike Cockerill mentioned the other night that the A-League might expand to 13 teams.

Now Mike hasn't just dreamed that up has he? Someone from you know where has clearly leaked this in my view. Or else where could it have come from.

This is an encouraging sign especially as the 13 team option is being talked about more and more.. It is THE BEST OPTION for the FFA and I am beginning to feel fairly confident the 13 team scenario will go ahead.
Joey47
Joey47

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:03 am
Toby wrote:
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:Fox Sports Mike Cockerill mentioned the other night that the A-League might expand to 13 teams.

This is an encouraging sign especially as the 13 team option is being talked about more and more.. It is THE BEST OPTION for the FFA and I am beginning to feel fairly confident the 13 team scenario will go ahead.

Yea, when reading it I thought that Cockerill wouldn't just be having a wild guess at this. He is very close with the FFA and would obviously have some type of mail that it is going to 13 teams.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum