Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

To all the naysayers... Empty To all the naysayers...

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:22 am
doubting how good a squad we can put together, just think about it we could have as good a team as gold coast.

you might say, "but gold coast are the richest team", yes that is true but they still have a salary cap like the rest of the comp and can only go outside that for one player so i ask why can't we get a squad like that?
(::FAQ::)
(::FAQ::)

To all the naysayers... Empty Re: To all the naysayers...

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:36 am
Doubt

Um, mate I very doubt we could have a team as strong as Gold Coast. Lots of their signings have gone there because of the lifestyle. Gold Coast is the best place in Australia by a country mile.

Our team will be like North Queensland's.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 am
Surprised

You think we could pull a team as strong as Gold Coast? AS much as I love Canberra, not many people outside the city like it and are of the opinion that it is "cold and boring". AS raiderscampese6 said, the reason why Gold Coast have such a good team is because the Gold Coast is the best place in Australia. Also, it isn't just the salary, just the whole "glamour club", "private jets", and then the bonuses you get.

Last edited by Proud2BeCanberran on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Toby
Toby

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:03 am
Not to mention the private jets, the whole glitter surrounding Clive Palmer.. What is really encouraging was that NQF did alright and have continued to sign some good players, which means Canberra ought to have enough potential to sign some half decent players..
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:14 am
Confused

I wish- now you're being too optimistic. Our team will be like of Central Coast, North Queensland or Newcastle.

C'Mon, Canberra is great, but not many big name players will love to come to here. They prefer the beaches, the atmospheric feeling.
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
JohnLovesCanberraUnited
Other football teams : Leeds United, AFC Wimbledon

Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:45 pm
if we are lucky.... we would get a squad like Perth Glory.... but isn't this thread supposed to be against all the nay sayers
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:58 pm
well the weather here in the months from september-march is really good so i don't think climate is an excuse, as i've said, we all have one salary cap and given the right incentives we could attract a squad, not as good as gold coast because of the reasons given in this thread, but certaintly a lot better than the fury who have recruited poorly IMO.
Toby
Toby

Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:32 pm
Fury have done alright.. Fowler, Williams, Spagnuolo, middleby and Stefanutto to name a few.. It will be even harder for Canberra with less players with actual a-league experience going around when we get in....

Last edited by Toby on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galileo
Galileo

Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:well the weather here in the months from september-march is really good so i don't think climate is an excuse, as i've said, we all have one salary cap and given the right incentives we could attract a squad, not as good as gold coast because of the reasons given in this thread, but certaintly a lot better than the fury who have recruited poorly IMO.

As Toby said they haven't done that bad: Williams, Fowler, Daal, Japanese bloke, Spagnuolo. It will be very hard for us... we haven't got the lifestyle needs maybe even compared to Townsville.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:09 pm
but certaintly comparing the two climates in summer canberra is a betetr location?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum