Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

11 team A-League? Empty 11 team A-League?

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:32 am
Following the relatively disappointing turn-out last night, I am starting to believe that there will only be an 11 team league next season.
Canberra can't seem to finish off the start-up capital which I pray they do and ditto with Western Sydney, although they seem to be a lot more off the required start-up money.

The FFA have stated, if no one can get the required 6 million then no one will get in- it will be an 11 team comp.

It is looking as though this is more and more likely.

I just pray that we find that extra million, and then the successful bid will be ours.
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

11 team A-League? Empty Re: 11 team A-League?

Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:48 am
Yeah I probably agree it may be a 11 team league next season. Mariners come back at the end of October so hopefully we can double last nights effort crowd wise.

Does anyone know why A-League for Canberra bid team didn't have even a tent set-up at the stadium to promote itself to sign up more members last night?? seemed like a missed opportunity anyway
Toby
Toby

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:07 pm
I wouldn't be surprised but if anyone gets in then it will be us
pete
pete
Other football teams : Canberra United, Plymouth Argyle FC, Club America, LA Galaxy

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:10 pm
Sounds like the Canberra Times isn't optimistic!

"It is the smallest crowd so far in this year's A-League season. The previous figure was 6390 between Newcastle and the Gold Coast, in Newcastle last weekend"

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/canberras-bid-hurt-by-crowd/1615450.aspx
Nobby

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:14 pm
The Canberra Times comment was moronic. What is the comparison? Big city with an established team hosts the glamour outfit league leaders and pulls 6,390. Canberra has a match between the dullest outfit in the league and strugglers from the otherside of the continent with zero travelling support from either side and comes up 1000 short? You don't go to a game just to watch two flogs run around you go to support one of them.
Anyway, unless FFA's much touted "process" has something about taking into account crowd figures for visiting exhibition matches I doen't matter.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:08 pm
If we had a canberra team playing we would of got 14k
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum