Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

[EXCLUSIVE] BID UPDATE FROM MR.SLAVICH! Empty [EXCLUSIVE] BID UPDATE FROM MR.SLAVICH!

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:30 pm
Emailed him yesterday with some questions regarding the bid and this is what he wrote back:

"Regarding our bid, we have around $4.3m of the $6m required to start a team.
Ben Buckley and John O'Sullivan from the FFA are very impressed by our bid.
They were also very impressed with the crowd at the Socceroos game and the
general grass roots level support. The team have been working hard to fill the
remaining $1.7m and I am close with a number of wealthy Canberra people.

The FFA have indicated that they will be making a decision by mid June, I
believe that we are the best bid before the FFA for the 12th spot.

We really need more foundation membership support. I am also thinking of a
multi million dollar lottery."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lottery, interesting to see how that works, risky isn't it?
jahoda

[EXCLUSIVE] BID UPDATE FROM MR.SLAVICH! Empty Re: [EXCLUSIVE] BID UPDATE FROM MR.SLAVICH!

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:21 pm
What happened to the Melbourne woman with links to the aged care industry and Altona Magic. Is she still part of the bid?
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

[EXCLUSIVE] BID UPDATE FROM MR.SLAVICH! Empty Re: [EXCLUSIVE] BID UPDATE FROM MR.SLAVICH!

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:47 pm
I don't like this consortium style bid. too many hands in the pie, too many interests involved, it should be canberra as the sole interest. slavich will have too many people to please to secure their ongoing support. i'd rather run the risk of some eccentric billionaire!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:02 pm
Nonno Gomes wrote:I don't like this consortium style bid. too many hands in the pie, too many interests involved, it should be canberra as the sole interest. slavich will have too many people to please to secure their ongoing support. i'd rather run the risk of some eccentric billionaire!

better than nothing.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:03 pm
jahoda wrote:What happened to the Melbourne woman with links to the aged care industry and Altona Magic. Is she still part of the bid?

Melissa Fischer? i think so
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:21 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:
Nonno Gomes wrote:I don't like this consortium style bid. too many hands in the pie, too many interests involved, it should be canberra as the sole interest. slavich will have too many people to please to secure their ongoing support. i'd rather run the risk of some eccentric billionaire!

better than nothing.

i'm just saying that one solid benefactor is more secure than a pastiche of minor stakeholders who in their small minded selfishness could pull their minuscule resources and hence pull the plug on our bid.
but for now i'm content with getting a team full stop!
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:34 pm
Nonno Gomes wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:

better than nothing.

i'm just saying that one solid benefactor is more secure than a pastiche of minor stakeholders who in their small minded selfishness could pull their minuscule resources and hence pull the plug on our bid.
but for now i'm content with getting a team full stop!

fair enough. But i just think the main thing is getting accepted then we can worry about how the club's run.
jahoda

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 pm
melissa fischer is in the news in melbourne for embezzling funds from her health care empire to put into altona soccer club. possibly not a good connection for the bid to have.
arinceo
arinceo

Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:03 pm
Great news, let's hope they can get the other 1.7m secured before a Western Sydney bid (there's three competing) finds someone with deep pockets.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:53 pm
there are three bids competing for the one market which is a big bonus for the canberra bid because it's a lot harder to get the needed capital.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:50 am
It is looking quite good ATM. But I can see FFA doing all they can to get a Western Sydney team. A bet you they will try and delay the expansion decision so W.Sydney can have extra time to get everything together. :x
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:25 pm
if we don't get in this time around it is a real giant middle finger to canberra from the FFA. because they are pretty much saying it doesn't matter how good your bid is you're not getting a license.
xEAx
xEAx

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:26 pm
Even if Canberra gets the license to go ahead were still going to have to get DECENT players to be competitive every match. consistent and strong.
Toby
Toby

Sun May 03, 2009 3:46 am
I reckon Canberra should also look to oversea investors. I reckon some Chinese, Japanese and Middle Eastern millionaires would be interested in investing in a top-class Australian football team.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun May 03, 2009 10:24 am
^^^^^^^^^

yeah why can't we just pull some extremely rich arab to fund our bid, then we'd get it for sure.
Toby
Toby

Mon May 04, 2009 1:51 am
It's what Tasmania is hoping to push forward..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum