Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slavich in the paper

+7
benoncehobbled
mikey_porto
thom_canberra
Toby
Alex351
(::FAQ::)
Chris1822
11 posters
Go down
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Slavich in the paper Empty Slavich in the paper

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:11 pm
can't find the story online but it was in the paper, these were his points:

• If we don't get the 12th license the bid won't die, we'll bid for the 13th one.
He said if a western sydney bid got accepted that didn't have the required start-up money he'd be very disappointed because this is the reason the FFA gave for not letting us in.
  • No western sydney bid has been accepted yet
The FFA aren't working with the canberra bid in any detail which isn't a good sign, basically they don't care

interesting points from him

Slavich in the paper Empty Re: Slavich in the paper

Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:33 pm
Read that today... sounded very pessimistic and resigned to losing.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:33 pm
It basically sums up what we know, looks like Ivan has lost faith.
Toby
Toby

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 pm
Alex351 wrote:It basically sums up what we know, looks like Ivan has lost faith.

fair enough, its not like the papers or anyone is really talking about Canberra getting the team....
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:59 pm
I know that the FFA really aren't taking any notice of the Canberra bid,

I just don't see how they can justify giving WS a team when all their bids are in shambles.

If it turns out this is this case, there will be some serious consequences...

ohhhhwoooo Evil
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:48 am
[quote="thom_canberra"]
I just don't see how they can justify giving WS a team when all their bids are in shambles.
quote]

And justify chipping in for WEstern SYdney if they can't come up with the money- when Canberra also need a small cash injection and that is all for a complete bid.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:58 am
^^
that point there is the key one out of this whole expansion process.

this better not be the case.
benoncehobbled

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:22 am
So if we're resigned to missing out this time around . . . what are we going to do to make sure we're a certainty next time there's a round of expansion?
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:07 pm
i respect ivan slavich and all but he isnt a warrior that will fight like death for a team, we need a dude that is at his best wen his back is against the wall. slavich as much effort as he has put in hasnt done enough, and it isnt all his fault its the entire bid teams fault. y were they not promoting the mariners game themselves and as far as foundation memberships r concerned no one really knows anything about them they could have got 5000 easy if they just put it out there more. if we got 5000 foundation memberships and at least 8000 to the mariners game im 100% certain we would have a team. but instead we just hav to sit and wait for the moment our bid gets rejected
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:57 pm
^^
i don't think if we got 20K that would get the 12th license TBH.

the FFA want WS and we aren't getting in their way.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:25 am
TBH, and as Gate7 said, I don't think the bid team have done enough.
The ONLY advertising I have seen for the two games is a billboard outside Civic.
IMO, they should've asked for volunteers around to Canberra to help promote the game- and that may of cost us a place.
Swagman
Swagman

Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 am
What was stopping you promoting the game on your own P2BC? Why do you have to be asked to Volunteer? People seem to have difficulty grasping the simple fact the FFA came out and said the Socceroos game WAS a test but at no time did they ever say the Perth/ Mariners game was a test. When the AFL play down at Manuka you can't move in the days beforehand for players appearing in the paper / at schools and doing media spots, where where the players and any FFA promotion teams? The simple fact is that 5000 people turned up for a game that most Canberra soccer fans had no interest in and it was only after the fact that Lowy's "yes man" Buckley jumped on the attendance as another likely reason for no licence. You and I know damn well that had 15000 people been there it would not have made one little difference so don't go fooling yourself that not having a few volunteers giving out leaflets may have cost us a place.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:02 am
^^
what he said, 100% agree
Toby
Toby

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:26 pm
Swagman wrote:What was stopping you promoting the game on your own P2BC? Why do you have to be asked to Volunteer? People seem to have difficulty grasping the simple fact the FFA came out and said the Socceroos game WAS a test but at no time did they ever say the Perth/ Mariners game was a test. When the AFL play down at Manuka you can't move in the days beforehand for players appearing in the paper / at schools and doing media spots, where where the players and any FFA promotion teams? The simple fact is that 5000 people turned up for a game that most Canberra soccer fans had no interest in and it was only after the fact that Lowy's "yes man" Buckley jumped on the attendance as another likely reason for no licence. You and I know damn well that had 15000 people been there it would not have made one little difference so don't go fooling yourself that not having a few volunteers giving out leaflets may have cost us a place.

Agree though if we had 15000 they might have given us a provisional liscence for further down the track.. The problem with the 5 K mark is that it doesn't give us an indication at all of how well our team would be supported..
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:51 pm
Swagman wrote:What was stopping you promoting the game on your own P2BC? Why do you have to be asked to Volunteer? People seem to have difficulty grasping the simple fact the FFA came out and said the Socceroos game WAS a test but at no time did they ever say the Perth/ Mariners game was a test. When the AFL play down at Manuka you can't move in the days beforehand for players appearing in the paper / at schools and doing media spots, where where the players and any FFA promotion teams? The simple fact is that 5000 people turned up for a game that most Canberra soccer fans had no interest in and it was only after the fact that Lowy's "yes man" Buckley jumped on the attendance as another likely reason for no licence. You and I know damn well that had 15000 people been there it would not have made one little difference so don't go fooling yourself that not having a few volunteers giving out leaflets may have cost us a place.

What I am saying is and it has been said on this forum on MANY occasions, that Capital Football and the A-League bid team didn't do enough to promote the game. Don't get me wrong, the A-League 4 Canberra team have done a MAGNIFICENT job throughout this process, but they didn't promote this one and it certainly didn't help our bid one bit. This game was going to be the one that the FFA judged and the most important piece of the possibility of a Canberra A-League team. But really, being on the bid team you do need to take extra responsibilities.

Yes, even if we got a massive crowd to the game, it still wouldn't have made a difference in this upcoming expansion round but what hurt could it do to future expansion rounds or attracting more A-League and international games? This then really would've given the FFA to think a lot more.

That last point of yours, about the crowd figure not making any difference, does that give the A-League bid team the right to stop promoting the game? Because that is what you are pretty much saying.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:12 pm
Swagman wrote:What was stopping you promoting the game on your own P2BC? Why do you have to be asked to Volunteer?

AS P2BC said, the bid team, even though they have done a lot, really needed to promote this game as much as possible.

Stuff like:

Emails to foundation members.
Players visiting schools
Players visiting shopping malls
plus plenty more

This was our biggest show- more so than the Socceroos game and this needed to have been done as much as it can.
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:35 pm
Well we've got time to advertise for the 31st of October but we should act soon.
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:49 pm
RaidersCampese6 wrote:
Swagman wrote:What was stopping you promoting the game on your own P2BC? Why do you have to be asked to Volunteer?

AS P2BC said, the bid team, even though they have done a lot, really needed to promote this game as much as possible.

Stuff like:

Players visiting schools
plus plenty more

This was our biggest show- more so than the Socceroos game and this needed to have been done as much as it can.

as i sed earlier it is dissapointing that the bid team didnt promote the game but i also mentioned that they should have promoted the foundation memberships. what is more dissapointing are the ppl that want an a-league team in canberra and know about the foundation memberships but dont get them. RaidersCampese6 u mention that they should have done more to promote the game and i completely agree but as one way of promotion u say "emails to foundation members" i as all foundation members recieved an email. howcome u didnt know that? oh i know y, its coz ur one of the many canberrans hu want a team but r too cheap to get a foundation membership. very dissapointing
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:52 pm
^^
snap

Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:46 am
Gate7 wrote:
RaidersCampese6 wrote:

Stuff like:

Players visiting schools
plus plenty more

as i sed earlier it is dissapointing that the bid team didnt promote the game but i also mentioned that they should have promoted the foundation memberships. what is more dissapointing are the ppl that want an a-league team in canberra and know about the foundation memberships but dont get them. RaidersCampese6 u mention that they should have done more to promote the game and i completely agree but as one way of promotion u say "emails to foundation members" i as all foundation members recieved an email. howcome u didnt know that? oh i know y, its coz ur one of the many canberrans hu want a team but r too cheap to get a foundation membership. very dissapointing

Our family got a membership but just under my brother's name. So I do indeed have one. He always informs me of emails and yet he didn't get one- something wrong with his inbox, email; I don't know?

we were having this exact talk about the Perth-CCM game.

^^AS for you aleague4canberra:

GREAT CONTRIBUTION!! clap clap clap

No wonder you have 1,300 posts.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:58 am
^^
questioning my commitment, nice

Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:03 am
aleague4canberra wrote:^^
questioning my commitment, nice

I'm not questioning your commitment, I'm just saying that, and from viewing many posts of yours, a lot of what you do say is plain pointless. Like that post.
celtic_7

Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:40 pm
I was very disappointed with the lack of promotion around Canberra. As has been said before this game was going to be really the most important and it was blown.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum