Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mikey_porto
mikey_porto

Journey set to come to an end Empty Journey set to come to an end

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 am
Well from ALL reports, today is the day that they make the decision- and Western Sydney will be granted that 12th licence.

BUt will there be more to it?

Will they give Canberra a provisional licence to come in the coming seasons?

Will Wellington be told that next season will be their last?

Also, it looks as though today will be the last day that you can fantasise about a Canberra A-League coming in next year.

Last day to fantasise about:

Our fantasy team
Our Marquee Man
Our coach
Our captain
Our team name
Our team strip
Crowd Numbers
Everything.

Oh well, this bid process has had its up and downs and has been fun.

Hopefully we will see Canberra Athletic competing in the A-League in the coming season with:

A Packed Canberra Stadium on the debut game.
All Canberra football products plying their trade with Canberra Athletic.
A massive Capital Punishment army behind the goals, making plenty of noise, with many banners.
A player as big as Robbie Fowler joining Canberra.
A well-known foreign coach leading Canberra to A-League glory

Oh well... looks like just sticking to W-League for the time being. Sad
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Journey set to come to an end Empty Re: Journey set to come to an end

Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:02 am
aww you gave me goosebumps.

western sydney will get the provisional license for 2010 and we'll get exclusive negotiating rights for 2012. this is so the FFA don't look like they're just abandoning a very strong canberra bid

that's my guess anyway.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:34 pm
Yeaaa, ^^this is a really great hypothetical situation but...

But it seems we won't be getting a team in 2010, i'm very dissapointed with the FFA and the way they have managed this expansion process from the start.

I think we should get a team in 2011 as Wellington should be kicked out? I'm not sure otherwise we will have to wait untill South Coast or Tasmania get their bids sorted out as there have to be an even no. of teams in the next round of expansion.

Ultimately, the ideal situation would be FFA announcing that as WS are getting the 12th spot, Canberra will still be able to come into the A-League in 2010 as Wellington will no longer be participating,
Which would keep the A-League at an even no. of 12, and then you can have the South Coast and Tassie coming in later on, say 2012 when they are ready...
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:20 pm
thom_canberra wrote:Yeaaa, ^^this is a really great hypothetical situation but...

But it seems we won't be getting a team in 2010, i'm very dissapointed with the FFA and the way they have managed this expansion process from the start.

I think we should get a team in 2011 as Wellington should be kicked out? I'm not sure otherwise we will have to wait untill South Coast or Tasmania get their bids sorted out as there have to be an even no. of teams in the next round of expansion.

Ultimately, the ideal situation would be FFA announcing that as WS are getting the 12th spot, Canberra will still be able to come into the A-League in 2010 as Wellington will no longer be participating,
Which would keep the A-League at an even no. of 12, and then you can have the South Coast and Tassie coming in later on, say 2012 when they are ready...

I am really doubting if Wellington will now be given the boot in the near future.

It looks like we will have to come in in the next round or settle for B-League.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum