Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Thebid

Latest bid rumour Empty Latest bid rumour

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:55 am
FFA to put money into the Western Sydney bid and Canberra to be given a provisional 13th licence with a date for entry to be negotiated.

Only a rumour but "apparently" FFA concerned they might have to do something to get the momentum back for football in Canberra.....after their Western Sydney campaign debacle.
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Latest bid rumour Empty Re: Latest bid rumour

Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:01 pm
That is all right. Of course I would've preferred to come in this year but Western Sydney were always going to enter the league this coming round.

I am guessing we will come in in 2012.
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:38 pm
yep i'm all good with this, i can see a lot of benefits if this is the case ie suring up financial ends, getting the brand out there, we'll have first pick of the players for the season we come in...
Alex351
Alex351
Other football teams : Real Madrid, Reading and Southport

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:22 pm
It's all good (hope it's true can anyone confirm it?) but i don't want to wait 4 years-i'll wait 3 years max!
But this is also good because with time we can build the club, get players, advertise and get the name and kits sourted out.
Toby
Toby

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:44 pm
yeah hopefully 2012 it would be horrible if they don't get us anything at all...
Galileo
Galileo

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:31 am
Obviously would've preferred this round but it is inevitable that we will get in so I am more than happy to come in the season after next.
BrotherEstapol
BrotherEstapol

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:21 pm
I don't mind this as much. Just as long as we're in the league and that this current bid process wasn't for nothing.
This would also mean that the ACT gov would probably still go ahead with the stadium developments which would be good for ALL codes of Football as well as helping our World Cup bid chances.

I'm sure FIFA would have a preference for rectangular stadia rather than ovals (MCG & Docklands) or half arsed freak facilities.(Stadium Australia)

I donno about you guys, but I'm still going to be attending as many Canberra W-League matches as I can.
We've got one team here, so it's better than nothing!
Joey47
Joey47

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:24 pm
BrotherEstapol wrote:I don't mind this as much. Just as long as we're in the league and that this current bid process wasn't for nothing.
This would also mean that the ACT gov would probably still go ahead with the stadium developments which would be good for ALL codes of Football as well as helping our World Cup bid chances.

I'm sure FIFA would have a preference for rectangular stadia rather than ovals (MCG & Docklands) or half arsed freak facilities.(Stadium Australia)

I donno about you guys, but I'm still going to be attending as many Canberra W-League matches as I can.

Good to see you back BrotherEstapol. Thumbs Up

I would be truly dissapointed if people on this forum didn't attend W-LEague games just because we don't have a mens team. We expect to see everyone in green, 2 saturdays from now, on Capital Hill.
BrotherEstapol
BrotherEstapol

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:29 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
BrotherEstapol wrote:I don't mind this as much. Just as long as we're in the league and that this current bid process wasn't for nothing.

Good to see you back BrotherEstapol. Thumbs Up

I would be truly dissapointed if people on this forum didn't attend W-LEague games just because we don't have a mens team. We expect to see everyone in green, 2 saturdays from now, on Capital Hill.

Yeah I bought some Celtic jerseys and a scarf for cheap in Macau so that I now have some green to wear to the games! :)
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:31 pm
BTW thebid, where did you here this?
Raider_United
Raider_United

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:52 pm
As has been said, if this eventuates I will just be happy that we will have a team. I really was never expecting us to get this licence even when Meissner pluued out.

Maybe this is why there was meant to be an announcement 2 Fridays ago, and yet another delay.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:12 pm
Yes this is much better news than previous about FFA and their treatment of the Canberra football community,

As the FFA will probably give WS the 12th spot, as they announce it they should announce at the same time that Caneberra will have the 13th provisional license.
This will save Canberra fans the anxiety of not getting a team in this round of expansion and will put our minds at rest after lots and lots of waiting...

And why should we hope for 2012, why not 2011?
Joey47
Joey47

Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:33 pm
thom_canberra wrote:Yes this is much better news than previous about FFA and their treatment of the Canberra football community,

As the FFA will probably give WS the 12th spot, as they announce it they should announce at the same time that Caneberra will have the 13th provisional license.
This will save Canberra fans the anxiety of not getting a team in this round of expansion and will put our minds at rest after lots and lots of waiting...

And why should we hope for 2012, why not 2011?

It isn't that we don't want 2011, it is just the FFA will want to take a break from expansion- and have even said this themselves.
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:04 pm
Oh, TBH I am ECSTATIC about this. Thumbs Up If this is tru then I am just happy that we will be getting an A-league team.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum