Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiwanese Flag

+12
RealCanberra23
Toby
(::FAQ::)
Nonno Gomes
Golden_CU
footballfan
teddybear
cufc_cc
thegezman
thom_canberra
Chris1822
Joey47
16 posters
Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Taiwanese Flag Empty Taiwanese Flag

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:54 pm
Me and another member of the forum are planning on making a Taiwanese flag for the two Taiwanese players.

Thoughts?

Taiwanese Flag Taiwan_flag
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Taiwanese Flag Empty Re: Taiwanese Flag

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:56 pm
i suppose so...
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:19 pm
Yea this is cool, great to see more international focus on W-League...
thegezman
thegezman
Other football teams : Liverpool FC, Carlton FC (AFL)

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:43 pm
i'm sure the girls will appreciate it.
nice touch
cufc_cc
cufc_cc
Other football teams : Leeds Utd

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:18 pm
yeah good idea although it'd be quite hard to make the sun thing. Thumbs Up
teddybear

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:08 pm
FOr god's sake why on earth would we want taiwanese flag? They played very badly on saturday and i would hope they don't play again. You will alienate a lot of canberra supporters if you do that.
footballfan

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm
This is a Canberra United team. The nationality of the players is irrelevant. If you do that it will detract from the unity of the team. If you go ahead, you had better be ready to make a number of other flags for girls from other countries. STUPID IDEA.
Golden_CU
Golden_CU
Other football teams : Bradford City

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:12 pm
teddybear wrote:FOr god's sake why on earth would we want taiwanese flag? They played very badly on saturday and i would hope they don't play again. You will alienate a lot of canberra supporters if you do that.

When you are low on confidence, the players need as much support as they can. This is a bloody brilliant idea and I commend the organisers of this for their effort.

As for your last sentence, who the hell would the flag alienate? What would Canberra fans have against it?
Golden_CU
Golden_CU

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:13 pm
footballfan wrote:This is a Canberra United team. The nationality of the players is irrelevant. If you do that it will detract from the unity of the team. If you go ahead, you had better be ready to make a number of other flags for girls from other countries. STUPID IDEA.

An Australian flag? I've got plenty of those.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:33 pm
footballfan wrote:This is a Canberra United team. The nationality of the players is irrelevant. If you do that it will detract from the unity of the team. If you go ahead, you had better be ready to make a number of other flags for girls from other countries. STUPID IDEA.

the taiwanese players are the only foreign ones so i don't know what you're talking about?
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:38 pm
teddybear wrote:FOr god's sake why on earth would we want taiwanese flag? They played very badly on saturday and i would hope they don't play again. You will alienate a lot of canberra supporters if you do that.

Explain about the alienation? I have no idea as to why a taiwanese flag, supporting our two foreigners will alienate Canberra football fans. So what you are saying is that if we have a banner supporting a specific player that will alienate other fans because we aren't showing them the amount support we do for that player. ie. Last year we had a "Hit the Munoz" banner. Didn't seem to effect the crowds.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:45 pm
^^
maybe it did?? lol
footballfan

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:23 pm
I am not there to support players, I want to support the team. Of course people have their favourites, but it is an Australian team playing in Australia. The two taiwanese girls have to remember this. They shouldn't be getting special attention just because they are from overseas. They just have to start playing well (and probably learn english would be a help) and become part of the team regardless of their nationality.
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:38 pm
footballfan wrote:I am not there to support players, I want to support the team. Of course people have their favourites, but it is an Australian team playing in Australia. The two taiwanese girls have to remember this. They shouldn't be getting special attention just because they are from overseas. They just have to start playing well (and probably learn english would be a help) and become part of the team regardless of their nationality.

The players aren't little girls, mate. They 20 year olds. They aren't going to go have a little cry in the corner of the dressing rooms after the game, just because there was one banner for two of the players and not them.

Really, that is your opinion and we have to agree wot disagree here.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:45 pm
It was my idea about the flag. I drew the inspiration from the recent CL match between Bayern Munich and the mighty Juve. In the Juve fans section there was a malian flag in support of Momo Sissoko whose is recovering from a serious knee injury.
I thought it would add a bit of international spice to the crowd, besides for some people seeing their flag tends to lift them mentally, it seems to work for us aussies. our mentality was what was wrong last saturday.

aussie flags, yea i might bring mine along as well!

"footballfan" do you even watch matches from overseas leagues you can see a myriad of different flags in the crowds. i notice a brazilian flag in the crowd this arvo in the match between Adelaide and Newcastle... response...
Joey47
Joey47

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:49 pm
Nonno Gomes wrote:It was my idea about the flag. I drew the inspiration from the recent CL match between Bayern Munich and the mighty Juve. In the Juve fans section there was a malian flag in support of Momo Sissoko whose is recovering from a serious knee injury.
I thought it would add a bit of international spice to the crowd, besides for some people seeing their flag tends to lift them mentally, it seems to work for us aussies. our mentality was what was wrong last saturday.

aussie flags, yea i might bring mine along as well!

"footballfan" do you even watch matches from overseas leagues you can see a myriad of different flags in the crowds. i notice a brazilian flag in the crowd this arvo in the match between Adelaide and Newcastle... response...

clap

Finally, someone who also sees it fine. I cannot find ANYTHING wrong with having a taiwanese flag.
footballfan

Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:02 pm
Everyone is allowed their own opinion.
cufc_cc
cufc_cc
Other football teams : Leeds Utd

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:58 am
footballfan, your having a laugh if you think this is not showing our support 4 the team. if we are supporting the players, we are supporting the team.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:58 am
footballfan wrote:Everyone is allowed their own opinion.

What is the point of an online forum, if you debate other people's opinion? Seriously, what would the harm be in having a Taiwan flag in support of our imports? AS P2BC said, I doubt the players will have a sook just because the Canberra United army don't have a banner about them.

AS for teddybear, lol Alienate? Who? How? Why?
Toby
Toby

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:46 pm
Yeah i dont see the harm.. whenever i watch everton play there seems to always be an australian flag in the crowd.. I think they would appreciate that and feel more accepted/homely.. I say go for it Thumbs Up
RealCanberra23
RealCanberra23

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:53 pm
How big is the flag gonna be? Nonno Gomes? It'd be awesome if it would be a decent sized one that can be plastered to the fence.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:23 pm
RealCanberra23 wrote:How big is the flag gonna be? Nonno Gomes? It'd be awesome if it would be a decent sized one that can be plastered to the fence.

Not that big, my sewing skills are limited and hence the size of the flag alas...
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:32 am
The flag, as well as all banners, are being made today. Thumbs Up
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:00 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:The flag, as well as all banners, are being made today. Thumbs Up

you hear that! get working everyone!
Golden_CU
Golden_CU

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:00 pm
Oh! Saw it in the grandstand on Saturday. Looked bloody awesome, well done Nonno Gomes. clap
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum