Capital Punishment Supporters Group Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joey47
Joey47
Other football teams : Leeds United, Reggina Calcio
https://capitalpunishment.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Update: Central Coast mariners to play 2 Pre-Season matches Empty Update: Central Coast mariners to play 2 Pre-Season matches in Canberra

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:09 am
Mariners likely to dock in Canberra twice this season

BY MERRYN SHERWOODSOCCER
28/04/2009 7:24:00 AM

Canberra Stadium is in line to host two premiership A-League matches this season.
Stadium manager Neale Guthrie confirmed yesterday he was in discussions with Football Federation Australia about hosting two Central Coast Mariners ''home games'' later this year.

The Mariners' games, against Perth Glory on September4 and Adelaide United on October31, need to be moved from the club's home at Gosford due ground maintenance.

Guthrie and Mariners chief executive Lyall Gorman confirmed yesterday that the ACT stadium was an option.

''There is a window where we look like we need to move two games away and we are very happy to have discussions with Canberra and it is one of a few options we are looking at,'' Gorman said.

More on the Mariners' planned Canberra games in today's Canberra Times

Last edited by Proud2BeCanberran on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Chris1822
Chris1822
Other football teams : reggina, everton any other club that has an aussie

Update: Central Coast mariners to play 2 Pre-Season matches Empty Re: Update: Central Coast mariners to play 2 Pre-Season matches

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:39 am
that's good but it doesn't help the bid at all because it'll probaby be a crap crowd.
Yid_Army
Yid_Army

Update: Central Coast mariners to play 2 Pre-Season matches Empty Re: Update: Central Coast mariners to play 2 Pre-Season matches

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:35 am
Would be a good opportunity to turn up in Canberra colours, sing Canberra chants and push the bid along (and would be more fun than watching the mariners!)
Joey47
Joey47

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:38 pm
aleague4canberra wrote:that's good but it doesn't help the bid at all because it'll probaby be a crap crowd.

The game will take place after the two teams have been announced. And this talk about they will just have CCM play here because we won't have a team is crap.

Tasmania, WS and Canberra all have A-League games this year.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra
Other football teams : Ajax, Bolton

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:22 pm
Does Tasmania have a game? who will be playing?
Tasmania has just about the worst ground..
Raider_United
Raider_United

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:29 pm
thom, i think there was talk about a game is Tassie but I am not sure if it is confirmed.

I think it could've been a Pre-Season game.
Yid_Army
Yid_Army

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:13 pm
Proud2BeCanberran wrote:
aleague4canberra wrote:that's good but it doesn't help the bid at all because it'll probaby be a crap crowd.

The game will take place after the two teams have been announced.

Ahh - that could be a problem! :P
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:59 pm
hmm yea i think if Canberra does get the spot there will be a much larger crowd than if they dont...
everyone will be excited about the new team for Canberra and will want to get into the "A-League scene"
but if they dont get in i think everyone should boycott the game lol
the FFA cant make up for no A-League team representing Canberra and surrounding reigon by putting a few CCM games there.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:12 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

it's a possibility,

that or just make abusive banners?
Gerrards_Homies808
Gerrards_Homies808
Other football teams : Liverpool F.C.& Celtic F.C.

Fri May 01, 2009 10:27 am
It might be just me but how come there is only ever 3 teams that play here SydneyF.C, CCM and Newcastle Jets. WTF Confused
Chris1822
Chris1822

Fri May 01, 2009 5:01 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

because we've only ever had two trial matches here and central coast have got an affiliation with canberra so they played in both
Gate7
Gate7
Other football teams : Olympiakos

Sun May 03, 2009 11:46 pm
thom_canberra wrote:hmm yea i think if Canberra does get the spot there will be a much larger crowd than if they dont...
everyone will be excited about the new team for Canberra and will want to get into the "A-League scene"
but if they dont get in i think everyone should boycott the game lol
the FFA cant make up for no A-League team representing Canberra and surrounding reigon by putting a few CCM games there.

u gave me a great idea thom_canberra. now here me out on this one guys

if the ffa knocks back our bid i reckon it would be a great idea to boycott the game. now i know what ur thinking, if no one goes the ffa would think we dont care about football but what if we got 10000 ppl to protest outside the stadium during the game. an empty stadium with a crowd outside the gates. imagine the message that would send the ffa.
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon May 04, 2009 7:59 am
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no one'd do it. you'd get maybe 50-60 fanatics who'd do it.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Mon May 04, 2009 5:07 pm
I think youd get about 5000 fanatics who would do it because it would send such a loud message
Chris1822
Chris1822

Mon May 04, 2009 6:14 pm
^^^^^^^^^^

i really doubt that 5000 people would go, and do you really think that it'd send that great a message?

next round of expansion the ffa will be thinking oh there's canberra but we tried to give them a game but they just made a mockery of it.
Gate7
Gate7

Tue May 05, 2009 12:39 am
aleague4canberra wrote:^^^^^^^^^^

i really doubt that 5000 people would go, and do you really think that it'd send that great a message?

next round of expansion the ffa will be thinking oh there's canberra but we tried to give them a game but they just made a mockery of it.

are you apart of capital punishment? if for sum reason the ffa doesnt accept our flawless bid this protest idea should be something that capital punishment should support. lets be honest with our selves here wat would we rather want a crap team from gosford come to play a game or 2 here every season or our own team. i say f**k off mariners we want our own team. i say we get a bunch of crazy ass holes together and we chant like crazy outside the stadium. we have to push for a team no matter what it takes, if that means cracking skulls so be it lol.
Gate7
Gate7

Tue May 05, 2009 12:49 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8tgovRcNZg

this would be a great style of banner to display during the protest.
Nonno Gomes
Nonno Gomes

Tue May 05, 2009 9:52 am
Why doesn't the bid team (Mr Slavich and co.) have the same passion commitment and drive as this guy!!!!

i'm passionate. Are you...
Chris1822
Chris1822

Tue May 05, 2009 4:58 pm
see i'm all for the idea but i just don't think it would make a difference and in fact i think it wouldjuts hinder our bid next time round.

i'd do it if others were but smeh
TheBigMan
TheBigMan
Other football teams : Millwall, Chelsea, Valencia, Juventus

Sun May 10, 2009 4:26 pm
good we need to keep football fans happy
thegezman
thegezman
Other football teams : Liverpool FC, Carlton FC (AFL)

Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:31 pm
Nonno Gomes wrote:Why doesn't the bid team (Mr Slavich and co.) have the same passion commitment and drive as this guy!!!!

i'm passionate. Are you...

thats harsh mate, if it wasn't for them, where would our bid be!
still good to see some passion
Rash Challenge
Rash Challenge

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:08 am
thom_canberra wrote:I think youd get about 5000 fanatics who would do it because it would send such a loud message

You're dreaming mate. You wouldn't convince 50 people to do that, let alone 5,000.

That point aside, it's probably best not to go pissing the FFA off if we still have any ambitions to be included in a later expansion. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that...
Joey47
Joey47

Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 am
05.06.09 – Mariners confirm capital visit for pre-season camp

Capital Football and Belconnen United FC are delighted to confirm that the Hyundai A-League’s Central Coast Mariners will again be visiting the region for their annual pre-season camp next month.

The Mariners will be taking on Belconnen United at the Belconnen Soccer Centre on Thursday, 9th July (time TBA) before lining up against an ACT President’s XI on Sunday, 12th July at the AIS Athletics Track with kick off at 1:00pm.

“This is a joint initiative between Capital Football and Belconnen United to bring the Mariners here for a training camp and two important games for them as they lead into the Hyundai A-League season,” Capital Football CEO Heather Reid said.

“The Hyundai A-League this season doesn’t have a pre-season cup competition because of the expansion of the league with the extra two Queensland teams so all the more reason why the Mariners will want to have a good hit out before the season starts in August.”

The Sunday fixture will coincide with the Opening Ceremony of the 19th McDonald’s Kanga Cup across the road at the AIS Arena with all tournament participants to gain free entry to the fixture.

“The best thing about this particular visit is that we’re aligning it with the start of the McDonald’s Kanga Cup so the thousands of participants that are competing at the tournament will get the opportunity to see one of the best Hyundai A-League teams as well as the best ACT players,” Reid said.

The corresponding fixture twelve months ago between Belconnen United and the Mariners was a thriller when the local side was defeated by one of their own.

Rising star Taylor Beaton joined the yellow and navy blues for the friendly fixture and scored the winner late in the match after coming on as a substitute.

This will be the third consecutive year that the national capital will host a Mariners pre-season camp following formal agreements between Capital Football, Belconnen United and the Hyundai A-League franchise.

The Capital Football Family is hoping that this won’t be the last time the Mariners visit Canberra this year with the possibility of Canberra Stadium hosting regular season Hyundai A-League fixtures for the first time.

“Hopefully we’ll have some announcement from the ACT Government or FFA about the actual staging of Hyundai A-League fixtures here at Canberra Stadium in September and October, and we’re hoping that the Westfield W-League’s Canberra United can feature in a double-header.”

Match Details:

Belconnen United v Central Coast Mariners
Thursday, 9th July 2009
Belconnen Soccer Centre, McKellar
Kick off: TBA

Capital Football President’s XI v Central Coast Mariners
Sunday, 12th July 2009
AIS Athletics Track, Bruce
Kick off: 1:00pm
Chris1822
Chris1822

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:16 pm
Rash Challenge wrote:
thom_canberra wrote:I think youd get about 5000 fanatics who would do it because it would send such a loud message

You're dreaming mate. You wouldn't convince 50 people to do that, let alone 5,000.

That point aside, it's probably best not to go pissing the FFA off if we still have any ambitions to be included in a later expansion. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that...

good to see someone has some common sense on this forum.

as for CCM playing two pre-season games here i think that the crowd will be 1K plus at mckellar.
thom_canberra
thom_canberra

Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:15 pm
I think the CCM PRE SEASON games are great, would love to see the Capital XI beat the Mariners, as well as Belconnen...

I stick with my previous that if Canberra is accepted- the two Mariners games will be successful(but with canberra hungry supporters), but if a WS team is allocated the 12th spot then the two A-League games will be a dud and we WILL send the FFA a message!!

Why do some people have such little passion and faith in Canberran football?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum